Top Shelf Aquatics

dferrari13

So I recently went through some photos from my honeymoon in Mexico and wanted to share some. This was about a year ago and we were in the Occidental Xcaret Resort. It was absolutely amazing!

20181124_123604_zpsy4dowaoi.jpg

20181124_122448_zpsnvu3go1d.jpg

20181124_122418_zpsasjfgtzo.jpg

20181124_122436_zpsdsna0c4i.jpg

20181124_122357_zpsh3wuuc92.jpg

20181124_122332_zpsfadi719z.jpg

20181124_124430_zps7wdsuq5m.jpg

Screenshot_20181124-124305_Gallery_zpsd4

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Cool shots @dferrari13, thanks for sharing! I was able to go snorkeling on a reef just south of Playa del Carmen when I was there for work a few years ago, it was a really neat experience. Did you come across any sea turtles?

I didnt but I swam with a couple of sea turtles in Hanauma Bay Oahu Hawaii a couple of years before this....it was great

• Like 2
Ocellaris PDX
2 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

I didnt but I swam with a couple of sea turtles in Hanauma Bay Oahu Hawaii a couple of years before this....it was great

Hanauma Bay was great. 😊 I loved all the fish. Hope I get to snorkel again soon.

• Like 1

The only update/complaint I have is that my montipora capricornis is bleaching and has been for sometime now....I havent changed anything so I'm not sure what's going on....but all the other corals are doing great

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard too many horror stories about them going after corals(makes sense, if they'll eat aiptasia they'll eat corals) so I've just been knocking mine out with aiptasia x as the pop up. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

Just added two small peppermint shrimp to take care of a small aptasia issue...they have worked great for me in the past.. so well see

I have peppermint shrimp and they are a fun invert.  I do not even have aphasia but I like the shrimp.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TLowrider said:

Like others have said watch out for the GSP I had it take over a whole colony of Zoos and ultimately all the rocks. 

Theyre awesome looking but your right...they are starting to encroach on other corals

Well you cant only report the good things....so here's the bad news......i fed my whole tank some frozen food yesterday in the late afternoon and I turn off all the pumps/skimmers/powerheads while feed.....well I guess I forgot to plug everything back in and the tank went stagnant over night and then all day while I was at work...so it definitely sat with no flow for atleast 18 hours....now I dont know if that was it or the food was bad but my tail spot blenny, 2 barnacle blennies, and my royal gramma are dead....fml

• Sad 4

When I found the tank like this I immediately took out all the dead fish and quickly did a 25% water change.....and I will proly follow up with another 25% water change tomorrow too. So far all the inverts and corals are fine and the clown is ok but pissed off.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

Well you cant only report the good things....so here's the bad news......i fed my whole tank some frozen food yesterday in the late afternoon and I turn off all the pumps/skimmers/powerheads while feed.....well I guess I forgot to plug everything back in and the tank went stagnant over night and then all day while I was at work...so it definitely sat with no flow for atleast 18 hours....now I dont know if that was it or the food was bad but my tail spot blenny, 2 barnacle blennies, and my royal gramma are dead....fml

Oh no.  So sorry to hear this.  

• Thanks 1

I havent tested yet but I guess it doesnt really matter cause I will proly do another water change tomorrow....so why test....seems stupid

Just now, WV Reefer said:

Oh no.  So sorry to hear this.  

Thanks 😞 .....so pissed at myself

• Like 2
1 minute ago, dferrari13 said:

I havent tested yet but I guess it doesnt really matter cause I will proly do another water change tomorrow....so why test....seems stupid

Thanks 😞 .....so pissed at myself

Don’t beat yourself up too bad. I’d just keep with the water changes to make sure it’s cleared out. 

• Thanks 1

Not really sure what caused the mass die off in my tank....but I've done multiple water changes and testing with no real answers. Well the new gramma and TSB will be here on thursday....so we shall see how that goes...

First FTS of the new year. Everything is looking great! The new royal grandma and the tailspot blenny seem a little skinny.... but overall in good health and active. Also added an aussie duncan... the only problem with that is it's tentacles are so large they are brushing up against the acan next to it, which is pissing off both parties lol

20190105_163908_zpskla1xijv.jpg

• Like 5

Dang, sorry to hear about your disaster but I'm glad things are on the road to recovery. I definitely know that sinking feeling when you realize you've shot yourself in the foot and there's nothing to be done about it. I've done it more than once unfortunately. But it does make the recovery that much nicer 🙂

• Thanks 1

So I think I may have MTS....

2 Gallon Fluval Spec Betta Garden

20190110_212955_zpshkpagv1g.jpg

37 Gallon Fresh Water Planted

20190110_212928_zpsikpc43rm.jpg

10 Gallon Mixed Reef

20190110_212839_zpsi0jwxvgj.jpg

55 Gallon Turtle Oasis

20 Gallon Freshwater Planted

20190110_205235_zpsppwsqe92.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

So I think I may have MTS....

2 Gallon Fluval Spec Betta Garden

20190110_212955_zpshkpagv1g.jpg

37 Gallon Fresh Water Planted

20190110_212928_zpsikpc43rm.jpg

10 Gallon Mixed Reef

20190110_212839_zpsi0jwxvgj.jpg

55 Gallon Turtle Oasis

20 Gallon Freshwater Planted

20190110_205235_zpsppwsqe92.jpg

Betta! :wub: Other tanks look nice too lol.

• Thanks 1
  • dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank