inTank Media Baskets

dferrari13

16 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

Today's FTS

20181004_191340_zpsr71tbryy.jpg

Gourgeous tank!  I had a crocea clam for over 3 years when I sold it to switch to seahorses.  It was just under 3" when I got it and 6" when I sold it.  Anyway watch where the mantle meets the shell.  If the clam is growing it will have a white rim of new growth.  Also they enjoy nutrients, even after they are over 3".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Daniel91 said:

Drew, I see bold spots in the back - get to it! xD

How are you enjoying clam daddy life?

So far so good.....and I havent gotten sick of spot feeding it yet lol....I've switch to everyother day feeding cause everyday just seems a little too much bioload

• Like 1
On 10/5/2018 at 11:10 AM, Daniel91 said:

Drew, I see bold spots in the back - get to it! xD

How are you enjoying clam daddy life?

And to be honest I think I'm gunna stop adding any new corals for now...wanna let it grow out a bit...and I may increase the kalk dosed into the ato to make the spa grow faster.....clam looks weird today...the mantle is kinda hiding in its shell...like its receding or something...well see

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

And the clams dies at almost the one month mark....so....yes I was crazy for adding a clam....back on to reefing😤

Well, crap, that sucks. Were there any warning signs?

5 hours ago, Laurenscube said:

Sorry for your loss! I know that pain !!!Have you tested you phosphates ? What are they ? 

My phosphate are always about .25......so very low

SURVEYMAN46123
8 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

And the clams dies at almost the one month mark....so....yes I was crazy for adding a clam....back on to reefing😤

Damn 😞

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Well, crap, that sucks. Were there any warning signs?

On the last day I saw the clams mantle reseeding....that was my only warning sign, but it was quick....I'll get another clam someday, but only when I have a bigger tank.

• Like 1
On 10/10/2018 at 12:17 PM, dferrari13 said:

My phosphate are always about .25......so very low

What are you measuring that in ? ppb  or ppm

As I was to believe you should be at 0.03 or lower so that seems high to me.

i use the phosphorous hanna checker 

11 hours ago, Laurenscube said:

What are you measuring that in ? ppb  or ppm

As I was to believe you should be at 0.03 or lower so that seems high to me.

i use the phosphorous hanna checker 

Sorry .025

Thought so 😊well I still don’t have the confidence to get another clam it’s just too heartbreaking the thought. I salute everyone who makes it over a couple of months 😫

Sorry you lost the clam 😞 Tank looks great though! I had good luck with big clams but they are hard to find seems like. I have never tried a small one before.

The gradual increase in kalkwasser has been doing great for my tank so far.. I feel like in the last couple of weeks I have seen a lot more growth and encrusting.

• Like 2

This is one of my original corals, almost 4 years old now I believe it is a turquoise Favia but I'm still not actually sure.... the fact that it has grown so slow over four years makes me think it is a Favia.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Reeferadicto13 said:

How’s winning?

is there any way you could separate them?

The hammer coral is definitely beating the trumpet coral. I could probably separate them if I wanted to but I think I will let them stay for now

On 9/21/2018 at 1:08 PM, dferrari13 said:

I really dont know why I didnt listen to people when they told me to stay away from gsp....oh well...guess I'll try my epoxy idea. I dont mind gsp, I actually really love the look of it, I just need to keep it at bay.

I think Natalia uses a line of superglue on encroaching corals in her reef bowl, just applies as needed during water changes.  I think Teeny's idea of scraping it off (or at least scraping it back) would also probably work.  Sorry about the clam loss, that's one invert I haven't been brave enough to try lol.

• Like 1
  • dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank