Innovative Marine Aquariums

dferrari13

• 2 weeks later...

Snow storm hit new jersey...lucky to only lose power for about 12 hours.....tank dropped to 63 degrees....two days later and everything still looks good and no deaths? (being an electrician without power is the worst....im buying a generator)☇☇

• Wow 2
1 hour ago, dferrari13 said:

Snow storm hit new jersey...lucky to only lose power for about 12 hours.....tank dropped to 63 degrees....two days later and everything still looks good and no deaths? (being an electrician without power is the worst....im buying a generator)☇☇

Yeah you guys got it bad over there. Glad to hear. I'm in upstate NY and we got lucky this past storm.

Tank looks great, I've always been jealous of it as I have a similar set up. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
2 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

Glad to hear you and the tank made it through mostly unscathed! Keep us posted. ?

Sounds like you have a good springtime project ahead too, at least you won’t have to hire anyone ?

• Like 2

Wow......over 25 thousand views and 3 years later!! Happy 3 year anniversary!! Love this little tank! Thanks to all who gave advice and interest in my tank. 

20180226_194443_zpsrvqydnqw.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

The xenia are getting a little outta control...i may bring the big rock back to the LFS and start a new section up front left...well see 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Happy 3rd birthday to your nano reef! It looks fantastic! 3 years is a great milestone for a tank.

Xenia can be tough to contain, probably best to trim it back sooner than later! It sure is cool though, maybe you could relocate it to the back instead? That way it doesn't crowd out anything from view. Looking back at your FTS from January, it's growing insanely fast!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Happy 3rd birthday to your nano reef! It looks fantastic! 3 years is a great milestone for a tank.

Xenia can be tough to contain, probably best to trim it back sooner than later! It sure is cool though, maybe you could relocate it to the back instead? That way it doesn't crowd out anything from view. Looking back at your FTS from January, it's growing insanely fast!

Thanks Chris.... thank you for the compliments..... the tank has been growing very well now that I am using a product called fuel four amino acids and because I have been very very anal about testing my water parameters and also I have corrected my alkalinity problem which sat at 7 for almost the first two and a half years of the tanks life..... now I like to keep it around 8 or 9....slowly started using kalk+2 in my top off water..... since I've changed all these things the coral has been growing much much faster.... which is good and bad because now it looks like I need a bigger tank lol

• Like 2
Laurenscube
On 15/03/2018 at 10:53 AM, dferrari13 said:

20180314_194556_zps2b55c4gj.jpg

What colour is your candy cane is it meant to be ‘neon green’? Looks amazing and I have found a neon green candy cane for sale wondering if it will look like yours ? 

Love the tank - following 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, laurenscube said:

What colour is your candy cane is it meant to be ‘neon green’? Looks amazing and I have found a neon green candy cane for sale wondering if it will look like yours ? 

Love the tank - following 

Thanks...to be honest its almost turquoise blue....the neon green hammer above it may be reflecting its color

Nice macros! And happy third birthday! Your tank is looking spectacular, and it a great testament for getting things dialed in and stable.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Nice macros! And happy third birthday! Your tank is looking spectacular, and it a great testament for getting things dialed in and stable.

Thanks teeny...you definitely inspired this tank

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank update:

I took the bottom left rock out...it was covered in rhodactis mushroom and xenias....it was getting over grown and I was bored with it....i added a new rock called "life rock"...looks pretty real

20180414_155005_zpsm6a808yw.jpg

• Like 2
  • dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank