Innovative Marine Aquariums

dferrari13

Pfft, you don't need any sps in there, it looks great already!

I assume you meant "December", not "January", though :P

Lol.....thanks for picking up on that ....didnt even notice lol....and thanks....yea the tank looks good as it is and im not even sure where i would put a monti if a got one

I really need to upgrade to the MP10

Hey teenyreef.....What settings are you running on your mp10

• Like 1

Lol.....thanks for picking up on that ....didnt even notice lol....and thanks....yea the tank looks good as it is and im not even sure where i would put a monti if a got one

I really need to upgrade to the MP10

Hey teenyreef.....What settings are you running on your mp10

I have a Reeflink so it's programmed to do different modes through the day. But mostly I run reef crest at different levels (low levels at night), with about five hours of nutrient transport mode every afternoon.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got 3 emerald crabs and they immediately went to work. They ate all the bad algae in the entire tank...I was very impressed....the tank looks nice and clean now....thank god...I was getting tired of clean up bubble algae

• Like 2

I've had pretty good luck with emerald crabs cleaning up algae. There were a few spots of bubble algae in my 40g tank, and after i got the emerald I've never seen another one.

The tank looks great, happy birthday to the tank!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
SaltyBuddha

Just read through your entire thread and I can only hope I get my tank looking as good as yours! All about that money though lol I initially bought the tank with a solid budget and then I wanted this and thought to get this and then upgrade to that and I haven't even gotten it wet yet. Dry rocks are still cycling...

I hope you have success with some SPS one day. The only one I really want in my tank is a montipora. We probably got the same inspiration from Teenys tank! I have no experience in the matter, but if it kept getting algae issues, did you think of putting it in a section of more flow? It would grow denser and have more levels, but maybe it would do better?

Keep it up. The tank is looking great and maybe I will be able to compete with you in a year or two ☺ 

• Like 1

Thanks for the great compliments! Algae of any kind is gone after the emerald crabs...they worked great..I will be trying to add a monti soon....and maybe an upgrade soon to come...just bought a house!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking good! I love the feather duster in the middle, I bet it makes a really nice focal point for the tank with a lot of movement.

Congrats on the house! When do you move in?

• Like 1

Thanks...closing should be may 1st...its gunna suck moving this tank..along with a 55 gallon turtle tank, 5.5 gallon nano reef, 37 gallon freshwater planted..?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

Thanks...closing should be may 1st...its gunna suck moving this tank..along with a 55 gallon turtle tank, 5.5 gallon nano reef, 37 gallon freshwater planted..?

OUCH!

Congrats on the closing :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
dferrari13

Hey guys...im moving about 10 minutes away and I'm combining my pico 5.5 gallon with my 10 gallon. Packing all my favorite coral into my 10 gallon for a month or so until I move everything over.....trying to go slow...lets see how it turns out

dferrari13

Hey guys...im moving about 10 minutes away and I'm combining my pico 5.5 gallon with my 10 gallon. Packing all my favorite coral into my 10 gallon for a month or so until I move everything over.....trying to go slow...lets see how it turns out

20170520_200521_zpsckouuack.jpg

• Like 2
dferrari13

20170520_200521_zpsckouuack.jpg

20170521_214401_zpsdqlqifj8.jpg

• Like 2
dferrari13

About twenty eight species of coral, two species of fish, three species of crab, two species of snail, three species of feather duster,  and lots of assorted others....wow its packed

dferrari13

So far so good....i moved all the coral I want to keep over to this nuvo fusion 10 gallon. Moving day is in about 3 weeks...dredding moving this tank lol

• 2 weeks later...
gone_PHiSHin

i love seeing a 2+ year old IM10!  tank looks great, nice and full, lots going on in there with some great colors.

how did the move go??

• Like 1
  • dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank