inTank Media Baskets

dferrari13

On 3/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, DaveFason said:

Looking great. It is getting a little crowded in there, huh?

Yup....getting kinda tight for space....thinking about starting up a reef tank in my basement soon...maybe 30 gallons or so...well see

• Like 1
On 3/21/2019 at 10:49 PM, Christopher Marks said:

It's really looking great @dferrari13, so filled in! Good call on fragging back the torch coral, it's hard to even notice there's less of it 🙂

Has the torch been the most dominant of all of them in coral warfare? Any other battles going on?

Thanks chris! I'm not an expert but I think it's a hammer. Anyways, its by far the most aggressive coral I have. Thankfully, no other coral warfare is going on.

About 10 months since adding the SPS rock and I'm not crazy happy with the growth....everything else is growing great....but the SPS is slow going...except for the birds nest and the Jason fox stylo....they're growing like crazy

• Like 2

So I have really tried to be patient with this montipora capricornus because it was very beautiful when it was alive and well.  and I have said time and time again that I have given up on it yet I have left it in the tank hoping it will recover. It does have a small area where fleshy tissue and polyps still remain.... and I have been hoping that it will recover and start spreading back onto its old skeleton but I'm just not sure that will happen. Every Coral in the tank is doing well and I Just bought a new test kit this weekend all my water parameters are excellent. 

I am thinking about starting up a very Bare Bones somewhat inexpensive saltwater tank in my basement ... I'm thinking a 37 gallon Aqueon with multiple hang on back filters and a hang on back protein skimmer.... with a very deep sand bed and lots of caribsea Life Rock. We'll see

• Like 1
On 3/31/2019 at 4:38 AM, dferrari13 said:

FTS nothing has changed....I need a bigger tank...blah blah blah 

20190330_195657_zpsitirscyl.jpg

You really need a bigger tank 😁.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rory282 said:

You really need a bigger tank 😁.

Tell my wife that lol but I agree....its getting pretty packed in there

• Like 1
On 4/2/2019 at 8:43 AM, dferrari13 said:

I am thinking about starting up a very Bare Bones somewhat inexpensive saltwater tank in my basement ... I'm thinking a 37 gallon Aqueon with multiple hang on back filters and a hang on back protein skimmer.... with a very deep sand bed and lots of caribsea Life Rock. We'll see

Do it!! 😄

• Like 1

This is beautiful! Great tank.

I'll be picking up one of these tanks as soon as they're back in stock! lol 

Gotta read through this thread. Lot's of good info from the skimming I've done so far. 🤙🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, minimal said:

This is beautiful! Great tank.

I'll be picking up one of these tanks as soon as they're back in stock! lol 

Gotta read through this thread. Lot's of good info from the skimming I've done so far. 🤙🏻

Thanks....I dont consider myself an expert but I hope some of my info helps you. Looking forward to reading through your thread soon to come, I'm sure it will turn out great....good luck.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
banasophia
On 4/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, dferrari13 said:

Love me some ricordea!

20190410_173930_zpsykagzdve.jpg

Wow! What an incredible shot!! Post more pics when you get a chance. 🙏🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
dferrari13

FTS

This tank is officially over 4 years old! Lost some SPS corals that were placed high up.... not sure if they bleached out due to being so close to my Kessil...or something else but my tort seems to be doing great and hes high up so who knows....I'm going to be filling in the empty areas this weekend.....well see what I find to put there.

20190530_152911.jpg

• Like 4
dferrari13

What's up reefers! I wanna add some bright yellow to the tank so I'll be checking out some websites....which sites are recommended??? Thanks!

A bright yellow coral ? King Midas zoa...yellow fiji leather....yellow hammer...gold torches... Yellow psmammacoras... Yellow yuma's and ricordias

• Like 2
dferrari13
31 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

A bright yellow coral ? King Midas zoa...yellow fiji leather....yellow hammer...gold torches... Yellow psmammacoras... Yellow yuma's and ricordias

Thanks...trying to stay away from hammers and torches, I've had bad experiences with their long sweepers....but i do love them and if i had a bigger tank....I'd definitely get more......and I already have a small yellow fiji leather that has come back to life after a small piece of its foot was left behind after my old one died unexpectedly....king midas has been a huge consideration or any number of yellow zoas.....and I'm looking for a yellow ricordea....great suggestions!

• dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank