Cultivated Reef

dferrari13

So I decided to start up Nemos first tank....a little 5.5 gallon....just cause I had all the equipment and I was bored lol....now I'm on tank number 7 and my pregnant wife might kill me this time, well see

20191229_152321.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 9:37 PM, billygoat said:

Gorgeous photos! How old is the 10 gallon now? It looks very mature.

Thanks ...I almost cant believe it...but its five years old

• Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dferrari13

Havent been logging on too much recently...things have been crazy lately since we had our little girl....new pics to come

• Like 1
banasophia
23 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

Husbandry 

20200512_231124.jpg

Ahhh yaaayyyy that’s the best little frag ever!!!! 💗💗💗 Congrats!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dferrari13

So I've pulled the trigger on a AI Nero 5.....not sure how it will turn out.....posts to come....arrives monday (I only did this cause my aussie duncans are almost getting sucked into the Hydor 425)

dferrari13

So I assumed the nero five could be turned down to 1% which I thought would be 1% of the 3000gph flow rate but I was wrong....it meant 1% of power not flowrate.... which means the lowest the pump goes is 950gph, which is way too much for my tank....end result....i wasted 200 bucks...for now ill keep the pump to use in one of my bigger tanks...live and learn. I should've just paid the 300 for the classic mp10.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So the tunze osmolator ATO pump that comes with the nano version finally died.....lasted 5 years...wow I'm impressed....and thats with me always cleaning it and soaking in citric acid.....lucky I had anticipated this failure would happen one day and I had a replacement on hand.

• Like 2
  • dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank