Coral Vue Hydros

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messaged Dave on here and waiting for a reply on an eta for my light.

In good news, the flaming prawn goby is spending day number 3 in the same spot. Bad for pictures due to lighting and shadowing, but I can see him. I'm glad such a secretive and skittish fish decided to make home at the front of the tank. :)

Messaged Dave on here and waiting for a reply on an eta for my light.

In good news, the flaming prawn goby is spending day number 3 in the same spot. Bad for pictures due to lighting and shadowing, but I can see him. I'm glad such a secretive and skittish fish decided to make home at the front of the tank. :)

Light is scheduled for by end of next week. :)

Nice! Flaming prawn goby just made this tank 100x more awesome..that's a lot of awesome :). Try to get photos of it when you can!!!! I've wanted one for a while but the price held me back :).

Nice! Flaming prawn goby just made this tank 100x more awesome..that's a lot of awesome :). Try to get photos of it when you can!!!! I've wanted one for a while but the price held me back :).

I'm surprised. The little booger is coming out more and more. Today he was spinning in circles chasing reef cleaners filter food clumps. He seems to really like them. I need to pick up some small my sis or cyclopeeze for him and if they are still there, I will get his brother and sisters. :)

I'm surprised. The little booger is coming out more and more. Today he was spinning in circles chasing reef cleaners filter food clumps. He seems to really like them. I need to pick up some small my sis or cyclopeeze for him and if they are still there, I will get his brother and sisters. :)

Just call me jealous :). So awesome!

After doing some reading it seems like some are saying very passive tank mates help to tell them "the coast is clear" and when they are out of the rock work, the prawn goby is more likely to come out also.

Stopped at one of my lfs on my way home today. Nothing tickled my fancy the way I like, so nothing new to post. I am still however looking for creepy crawlers to throw in here. Somebody has got to have something.

Obligatory update. Tomorrow I am checking back in to see about whether or not my lfs got sexy shrimp in yet.

you get your light this week, right?

should be a great week for updates!

Possibly. Not sure exactly when.

Just stopped by the lfs again for sexy shrimp. The owner said its been a bad week with the temperatures, but possibly Friday he may get some. I also asked about the flaming prawns and he said someone came in and purchased all of them, apparently try get them about once a month and people stock up on them. lol.

I did however get a zoa frag with yellow faces and a blue mouth for 10 bucks and somewhere between the size of a golf ball and a tennis ball of a purple acropora. The guy even went through the trouble of trying to steal some Acropora crabs from other colonies but couldn't get them out. I came home, split the "frag" in half, (still too big for my tank lol) and found 2 baby acropora crabs. Pics to come.

Here it is under crappy lfs light. Tomorrow I'll take a pic under my crappy light. Hopefully this week I'll get it under good lighting. :).

54B5F4AC-A9B6-4622-8DC1-BC302D615DAB.jpg

Here it is under crappy lfs light. Tomorrow I'll take a pic under my crappy light. Hopefully this week I'll get it under good lighting. :). 54B5F4AC-A9B6-4622-8DC1-BC302D615DAB.jpg

Looks like fireworks!

Looks like fireworks!

i hope i can keep it alive! I love it. And for 30 bucks, it is a steal. I got two nice sized frags out of it, 1 would probably go for 45-50 on most sites and the other is a bit smaller.

i hope i can keep it alive! I love it. And for 30 bucks, it is a steal. I got two nice sized frags out of it, 1 would probably go for 45-50 on most sites and the other is a bit smaller.

Good job Pat!

Under room fluorescent lighting. Will glue down tomorrow hopefully and get pictures of the Zoas. Acro polyps are opening already.

896F3D2B-4761-46FC-A2FF-A9C6DF8C35F2.jpg

Under room fluorescent lighting. Will glue down tomorrow hopefully and get pictures of the Zoas. Acro polyps are opening already. 896F3D2B-4761-46FC-A2FF-A9C6DF8C35F2.jpg

Badass!

Here it is under crappy lfs light. Tomorrow I'll take a pic under my crappy light. Hopefully this week I'll get it under good lighting. :).

54B5F4AC-A9B6-4622-8DC1-BC302D615DAB.jpg

She's pretty! I'd have her dead in a week - tops.

She's pretty! I'd have her dead in a week - tops.

Me too probably, but I can ever say I keep acros in a pico without at least trying.

At least you have two :)

Yup. I was a bit worried acclimating it because I have such a small amount of water and the lfs keeps their salinity very low. I ended up having to make up some more water to add to the tank so I'm considering it a partial water change. I broke it apart so that if one of them tanks it, at least I have a chance with the other.

That and it was too ####ing big for my tank. I will be fragging this a lot.

jedimasterben

I'd consider removing it from the base. Never know what is on those maricultured acros, and some of them use metal wire for the corals to grow on. Veng found a giant copper wire curled up in a 'garf' bonsai a while back.

Archived