inTank Media Baskets

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

I just sold one of these cute little picotopes! Looks awesome! Maybe someone mentioned it, but what about a par30 bulb? I have one for sale ;).

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just sold one of these cute little picotopes! Looks awesome! Maybe someone mentioned it, but what about a par30 bulb? I have one for sale ;).

Evansville actually mentioned that but I decided to go for gold. I want a fancy light and knowing me, I would rather start off right instead of flounder a few months and then break down and purchase it later on. Lol.

What else you have for sale?

Evanski ***

Tomorrow I need to drop off some papers to my permit investigator, stop off at Walmart, and hopefully get some sexy shrimp in here. I also need to re arrange some stuff around the room so the tank can be put on the bedside table without the clock and crap behind it. I'll try to actually clean the salt creep and sand off the sides and take a picture of it. One thing I suck at is taking pictures to show how my tanks grow.

If anyone wants a flaming prawn goby let me know. I didn't know they were so damn expensive.... Just picked one up for 18 bucks and they had 3 or 4 more at the store.

Yes?

Like the black NB buy...its what I have over my two tanks.

That was just my lazy way of fixing autocorrect into calling you Evansville. I actually just noticed the light I have on my tank now is the deep blue solar flare, 5x 3 watt leds.

Okay... So reasons why I shop for fish in the ghetto.... Playing prawn goby a for 18 bucks, check. 2 ricordea for 15 bucks, check. Getting to see a dr Seuss soap fish in person at 2 different stores in a week, check.

Reasons I shouldn't shop in the ghetto.... Extremely packed parking lot due to the free food signs they have posted. Getting yelled obscenities at every time I drive past one of the homeless people (there's usually a dozen or so sleeping in the bushes, (it's sad really) seeing some guy beat the shit out of a crackhead who he ran into outside the fish store door because he apparently robbed his house.

Dr Seuss

0217A6F0-1B09-4C67-9D3E-5392E8AEA832.jpg

Flaming prawn. He even went exactly where I wanted him to in the rock work.

B0E9238A-52EC-4048-AF65-35268476AA11.jpg

Those are VERY cool fish. Can't believe you got one at $18! The usually go over $100. Only problem is they hide a lot, most folks I hear from hardly ever see them.

Those are VERY cool fish. Can't believe you got one at $18! The usually go over $100. Only problem is they hide a lot, most folks I hear from hardly ever see them.

Gotta love a good steal,I got my ruby red dragonet from petco for 9.99 cause they had it labeled scooter blenny,I also had a $5 off coupon. So $80 fish for $4.99

Gotta love a good steal,I got my ruby red dragonet from petco for 9.99 cause they had it labeled scooter blenny,I also had a $5 off coupon. So $80 fish for $4.99

you see, I didn't know those were that expensive either. The same store sells those for about 15 the last I asked. The store looks like absolute garbage, but the people are real nice and they practically give stuff away. There were some nice yellow zoas with blue mouths but I skipped on those. They said they were asking 21 for them and it was a real hefty frag, almost colony size.

I figured I have a 3.5 gallon.... I'm bound to see it once I a while. Lol. My favorite part of the tank is looking close to see life you normally would glaze over. I initially went in for sexy shrimp but they were all out.

Hey guys.... How long does t usually take ricordea to hold onto rock work? I've never had any before that weren't on a thin sheet of rock or sand that could be glued down.

HarryPotter

Hey guys.... How long does t usually take ricordea to hold onto rock work? I've never had any before that weren't on a thin sheet of rock or sand that could be glued down.

I would do it for at least 24 hours.

Rubber band method or mesh method work well, or you could put it in a cup with rubble. I try to avoid "floating" ricordias, but that worked for me twice

I would do it for at least 24 hours.

Rubber band method or mesh method work well, or you could put it in a cup with rubble. I try to avoid "floating" ricordias, but that worked for me twice

with an mp10 in this small of a tank I can't let anything float around. It'll be sure to get chopped. Right now I have my stainless steel feeding tongs applying light pressure on them as I forgot I had no way of attatching them.

About a week pattycakes.....nice fish, man!

Them sexies will eat yo coralz.

About a week pattycakes.....nice fish, man!

Them sexies will eat yo coralz.

Thanks. The damn thing is tiny. Like the thickness of a toothpick and 1/4 the length of one. I know that sexies like zoa skirts but I love sexy shrimp. Best shrimp out there I think besides cleaner shrimp that actually clean.

Jack you think the stainless steel will be okay for an extended time in a tank? They have some surface rust so it's not a very good quality.

Edit:Agh whatever. Guess I need to stop being lazy and pick up some rubber bands and put them on thin disks. take notes jack.

Thanks. The damn thing is tiny. Like the thickness of a toothpick and 1/4 the length of one. I know that sexies like zoa skirts but I love sexy shrimp. Best shrimp out there I think besides cleaner shrimp that actually clean.

Jack you think the stainless steel will be okay for an extended time in a tank? They have some surface rust so it's not a very good quality.

Edit:Agh whatever. Guess I need to stop being lazy and pick up some rubber bands and put them on thin disks. take notes jack.

SS is fine....so is rust :^ )

Notes taken.....just won't go back to reference them.

You got a flaming prawn goby for $18? :)

I really really want to pick the other ones up but I've spent around 450 bucks this week on a 3 gallon tank. Lol.

I really really want to pick the other ones up but I've spent around 450 bucks this week on a 3 gallon tank. Lol.

Do they all get along? Throw them all in there....you might see one :^ )

Do they all get along? Throw them all in there....you might see one :^ )

Supposedly best singley or in a pair, but.... Ehh.

Supposedly best singley or in a pair, but.... Ehh.

Lol, so dump all of them in....and eventually you'll have a pair......or one :^ )

Just rubber banded a ricordea to a thin frag plug. One of them was actually attached so I left it alone. After I'l glued it I think I want to move it to spread them out. Lol. Pictures tomorrow. :)

jedimasterben

I'm pretty sure that rubber banding it there will aggravate it and make it move lol. I always put them and some sand/rubble in a petri dish and put a mesh cover over it and let them attach on their terms :)

I'm pretty sure that rubber banding it there will aggravate it and make it move lol. I always put them and some sand/rubble in a petri dish and put a mesh cover over it and let them attach on their terms :)

It should be good. I was told tight enough to hold them in contact, loose enough that it doesn't actually put pressure.

Yes?

Like the black NB buy...its what I have over my two tanks.

Did you by any chance use PayPal to pay for yours? Did you get a confirmation email at all or did he just notify you when it was ready to be sent out?

Did you by any chance use PayPal to pay for yours? Did you get a confirmation email at all or did he just notify you when it was ready to be sent out?

I did. Don't remember...but you can send him an email and he is pretty responsive.

Archived