Pod Your Reef

JEBAO DOSER (STILL) LEAKING!

HarryPotter

I believe airline check valves are fine (make sure you fit it the right way). Think it's best to fit them at the very end of the dosing pipe but I maybe wrong there, anyone who's done this please chime in with what's worked for you.

Alternatively make sure your dosing pipes don't go into the water in the tank, then they can only drain and not back syphon, but it will mess up your dosing every time that happens and the pipe will need to reprime before the dosing continues.

• Like 1

Me so pump (that is an autocorrect for "Jebao")...anyhow, my lines backed up into my Ca and Alk reservoirs and completely filled them until they were overflowing. So I put airline check valves on them thinking I should have done that from the start. Now I read that peristaltic pumps should not need check valves. What's the verdict on that?

Lol Jebao is just a mediocre doser. Weak pump heads I guess!

• Like 1

Me so pump (that is an autocorrect for "Jebao")...anyhow, my lines backed up into my Ca and Alk reservoirs and completely filled them until they were overflowing. So I put airline check valves on them thinking I should have done that from the start. Now I read that peristaltic pumps should not need check valves. What's the verdict on that?

Easy fix:

1. Keep your doser tubes out of the water and it is literally impossible to back flow and overflow your containers.

3. Profit

• 4 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old post, but did you ever figure this out @HarryPotter? I'm running into a similar issue with my dosing pump. I've got it under the stand, and it seems that gravity is forcing Alk solution out at the junction between my pump-to-tank line and the output of the pump motor. I've tried using small zip ties to more strongly secure the tubing to the plastic junction, but the solution still appears to be leaking out. It doesn't appear that there's any leaks from the pump head itself, just the junction below it. Probably not the same issue, but worth checking in on.

I might just have to do what other's suggested and silicone the damn thing so nothing can escape.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a post that says he found the tubing to be compromised inside the pump.  I assume he reaplaced it, but hopefully he'll chime in.

I've never had a problem where you're talking about, but is there a chance you're using tubing with a large inside diameter?  So-called thin-wall airline tubing (or maybe even just cheap tubing) would be like this and could be expected to have trouble sealing on the barb fitting included with the doser.

Doubt it'll matter, but how high up are you pumping the dosing fluid?