Top Shelf Aquatics

Distance of aquarium light?

ulchevy

HarryPotter

Can someone tell me how much distance between the aquarium lights?

What type of lights, how many are there, what height above the tank, what are the dimensions of the tank, what corals are you planning on having.

Can someone tell me how much distance between the aquarium lights?

The lights will be however many inches apart you set them. Don't really understand your question.

The aquarium that I have is a 5.5G ....with a CPR AquaFuge Refugium Light 10,000k 24watt

Or is that too much for the aquarium and what you guys recommend?

• 3 weeks later...
IronChefItaly

The aquarium that I have is a 5.5G ....with a CPR AquaFuge Refugium Light 10,000k 24watt

Or is that too much for the aquarium and what you guys recommend?

It all comes down to how much light or PAR (photo synthetically active radiation) your inhabitants need to be healthy. Ideally, most people place their lights 6+ inches from the water surface to avoid splash and salt deposits but other than that you just have to keep in mind that the greater the distance the lesser the intensity.

HarryPotter

It all comes down to how much light or PAR (photo synthetically active radiation) your inhabitants need to be healthy. Ideally, most people place their lights 6+ inches from the water surface to avoid splash and salt deposits but other than that you just have to keep in mind that the greater the distance the lesser the intensity.

And the greater the spread- less shadowing and larger footprint.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived