ReefCleaners.org

Planning my aquascape

blkhwkz

So planning my aquascape in my work area before moving it to the tank (JBJ 45.) Cut a piece of cardboard the size of the bottom of the tank to give me a better idea. I have 2 versions so far, the only difference is an extra rock on the left side. Highest point is about 12 inches which is just about 2/3 of the tank height. Can't decide if I should try and find a way to make it taller or not. I am open to suggestions on how this looks or what to change. I am not that good at aquascaping.

Version 1:

IMG_20150720_224533.jpg

Version 2:

IMG_20150720_225927.jpg

Hard to say - I think you're on the right track though...

Honestly I don't have any specific suggestions other than I think I like the first a little better, but not by much.

You'll probably change it anyways at some point though...

And once the wife came home from work and said she didn't like it, this is version 3 that she prefers. This one goes about 16 inches high on the left. Took the long slab out of the front of the right side and replaced it with another rock.

IMG_20150721_000314.jpg

fishfreak0114

I personally think that the rock on the right in the first two photos with the rock on the left in the last pic would look best. Or just one smaller rock on the right, not too tall and towards the front to add depth still with the rock on the left in the last pic. Just my opinion, hope it helps. I can't wait to see what you end up going with. Happy scaping! :)

To mess around I was just stacking them like puzzle pieces. Once I finalize I will epoxy where needed to keep them stable. I messed with this some more last night, this time inside the tank. What looked good on carboard was way to much rock in the tank. So I am still messing with it a bit and also snagged a nice 5lb coralline covered rock from the LFS to jump start the cycle. If I can finalize a scape I like, I am going to start mixing water tonight to fill it up tomorrow.

Archived