Pod Your Reef

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

Brutal heat again today, think it was 85 and no one has AC out here. But this is it for today, tomorrow night I want to level the tv stand top with the tank top, damn Home Depot and their sketchy cuts lol. And I hope to work on finishing off the front.

7AC374F2-CE96-43A7-A2EB-8E44AA248295_zps

Imagine the tank 3" shorter in height, and extending all the way to the end of the stand. That's the new tank.

• Like 5

Tank is finally being delivered to SCA Aquariums next week! Sunday will mark 2 months since payment. Monday will be 9 weeks since payment, lead time was 7-8 weeks. Probably be 10 weeks in total by the time it gets to me, so not terribly off schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

So I wonder who's tank will be finished first?

Excited to see this all put together

It arrived in LA today and hoping they ship it by Wednesday.

I still have a ton of work to do on the stand tho. The final finishes always seem to take the longest to get around to doing

• Like 1

Got busy with work and traveling back to the eastcoast to visit family and forgot to pay the remainder of the tank invoice till today. Tank is being shipped today, or tomorrow at the latest.

Really need to get moving and finish the stand this week/weekend.

Debating on replanting the mangroves. Right now I have 8 mangroves in that little 8" cube, while they are growing nicely, I am worried if the roots start choking each other out for space. Thinking of maybe reducing the number down to my 4 best mangroves. The other 4 I will acclimate to freshwater, and grow them outside for a while.

Got busy with work and traveling back to the eastcoast to visit family and forgot to pay the remainder of the tank invoice till today. Tank is being shipping today, or tomorrow at the latest.

Really need to get moving and finish the stand this week/weekend.

Debating on replanting the mangroves. Right now I have 8 mangroves in that little 8" cube, while they are growing nicely, I am worried if the roots start choking each other out for space. Thinking of maybe reducing the number down to my 4 best mangroves. The other 4 I will acclimate to freshwater, and grow them outside for a while.

I am waiting... :P

• Like 3

I am waiting... :P

What is your opinion on replanting? Should I leave them as is, or give them a little breathing room? At this point, who knows how tangled their roots are and I could just end up damaging them. They've been in the 8" cube for a year now.

• Like 1

When are you going to transplant them? I would wait till this tank is done and your ready to transplant them. Doing it now and then again when the tank is ready in a month or two could cause more harm(or kill them) then good. I don't transplant my bonsai and mangroves for at least 2 years. So go super slow when you take them out. I usally end up braking the container they are in and gentrly teasting out the roots.

When are you going to transplant them? I would wait till this tank is done and your ready to transplant them. Doing it now and then again when the tank is ready in a month or two could cause more harm(or kill them) then good. I don't transplant my bonsai and mangroves for at least 2 years. So go super slow when you take them out. I usally end up braking the container they are in and gentrly teasting out the roots.

I would definitely wait till this tank is up and running and cycled. That is a good point to break the cube open, would make it a lot easier.

Let nature run its course and let the strong mangrove win, or transplant? Decisions...

I estimate the mangroves to be 2-2.5 years old. They've been with me for a year and eBay seller claims they were grown for 1-1.5 years.

track_zpsj9bf9ow2.png

Thing weighs 180 lbs with pallet?!?! This should be fun. I am going to pick the tank up Saturday morning. Trying to get to the East Bay on a weekday night would be a nightmare.

yep, my 50 came in similarly... i def suggest 2 people as 180 is pick upable for me but the awkwardness a a tanks shape and 7 feet elevation of my front door made me opt for the help lol. good luck lookin forward to seein this.

• Like 1

Not sure when I will get the tank. It was delivered to the trucking companies terminal, and I didn't realize they are only open 9-4, and not open on the weekends.

And crossing the bridge to go over to the east bay is the last thing I want to do in the morning or afternoon. Those damn East Bay people create all kinds of traffic for us.

Not sure when I will get the tank. It was delivered to the trucking companies terminal, and I didn't realize they are only open 9-4, and not open on the weekends.

And crossing the bridge to go over to the east bay is the last thing I want to do in the morning or afternoon. Those damn East Bay people create all kinds of traffic for us.

pay a friend to pick it up lol