Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

12 hours ago, JR! said:

time for another hybrid over the other side of the tank

What I really want is a super bright circular fixture that has narrow lens to make it more of a spotlight.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, brad908 said:

Went to Cal Academy of Sciences today which was one of the main inspirations for this tank

5FF12203-C1AF-4DB8-A638-CD9016136474_zps

31EDE020-A2DD-490A-9FE9-AA04763E3125_zps

8FF952A7-F0A4-43C7-BEFF-A3FB14CC60FD_zps

35C3C82F-CFA3-4227-BD19-F3570BC2BBC8_zps

AEF2EB16-4DE7-475E-95DF-22AA87013136_zps

206FA9B4-9831-4BBE-A4EC-72084750CA58_zps

WOW is an understatement!! I can't imagine the amount of power all those lights require :o Super cool.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2017 at 5:52 PM, JoeR said:

WOW is an understatement!! I can't imagine the amount of power all those lights require :o Super cool.

Academy of Sciences is definitely a must stop for anyone visiting SF.

In tank news, I am tired of the aiptasia and ordered 4 Peppermint Shrimp, specificly Lysmata wurdemanni, that are supposed to be the type most likely to eat aiptasia. 

Plan on doing a new video and pictures next weekend. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, brad908 said:

Academy of Sciences is definitely a must stop for anyone visiting SF.

In tank news, I am tired of the aiptasia and ordered 4 Peppermint Shrimp, specificly Lysmata wurdemanni, that are supposed to be the type most likely to eat aiptasia. 

Plan on doing a new video and pictures next weekend. 

hurry up with it. i dont wanna wait that long

• Like 1

I have had a trio of pajama cardinals for over a year now and was thinking of adding more. Would there likely be any issues with adding another 3-4? 

18 minutes ago, JR! said:

The lfs has a 1000 gallon live rock curing tank that they have I would guess more then 50 in. I don't think you'll have an issue

Yea I'm gonna go with a large school of pajama's. Tired of chromis killing eachother off.

So on Sunday I got a few more cardinals, ball sponge, finger sponge, and ear sponge. I also trimmed all the macros and spread them out, similar to how the tank was back in November. 

I will make a better and longer video this weekend. Clean the glass, do it at night for no window glare, and get the mangroves.

Lighting is NanoBox Hybrid with 2 6500k T5 and 4 V3 LED pucks at 95%.

Flow is MP10, WP10, and RW4

• Like 10
  • Wow 1
15 hours ago, JR! said:

best macro tank ever? i think so. 

Too kind <3

You should come out to NXL Chicago in September 

• Like 1
On 7/14/2017 at 2:50 PM, brad908 said:

Too kind <3

You should come out to NXL Chicago in September 

we have some family out there. the wife and i talked about making a drive out there. it isnt that far. 

On 7/16/2017 at 6:28 PM, JR! said:

we have some family out there. the wife and i talked about making a drive out there. it isnt that far. 

Should be a good event. Chicago in September should be decent weather and the park it is at looks legit. 

1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

That's taking place literally right down the street from me! Do they allow spectators? Sounds interesting! 

Yes they do, but I think they might charge for the pro field ($5?). It is definitely interesting if you've never watched tournament style paintball. A lot of action but honestly a little hard to follow. 5v5 and just people shooting at each other, no center action point. Lot of running, diving, and people yelling at each other haha. The fields are wide open though, so you can easily see all the action taking place. (netting around the perimeter of the fields) 

Paintball is how I know Nanobox Dave (didn't know him personally back then, but had pictures of him. His avatar on here a few years ago was a photo of mine and that is how we reconnected lol).

my paintball instagram is www.instagram.com/frominsidethenet . I started up a print magazine last season.

I've been paint-balling a whopping one time. It was a lot of fun though, and I was willing to shell out for my own paintball gun which I still have. I forget where it was, but it had concrete buildings all over. I've always wanted to go again for fun, but never got around to it. Actually, my fiance has his own paintball gun too, we should put that on our "date night ideas" list! 

9 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I've been paint-balling a whopping one time. It was a lot of fun though, and I was willing to shell out for my own paintball gun which I still have. I forget where it was, but it had concrete buildings all over. I've always wanted to go again for fun, but never got around to it. Actually, my fiance has his own paintball gun too, we should put that on our "date night ideas" list! 

Can't get my wife to play lol. Player retention is the biggest hurdle the sport faces. Basically anyone under 50 has heard of paintball, it is keeping people coming back that is the issue. 

• Like 1