Innovative Marine Aquariums

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

Thanks! Hopefully more clams to come. I always wanted them in there but wanted to wait for the tank to mature. I was able to hold off for 15 months

Wow that's impressive! I am planning a new tank right now with your tank as inspiration and I was thinking clams would look awesome eventually too lol.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, vlangel said:

That mandy must think he died and went to heaven.  I bet your tank is crawling with pods!

He seems to be doing well. Couple days away from having him for 2 months now.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, brad908 said:

Anyone else hate this new Nano-Reef update? I post from my phone 99% of the time and it is brutal compared to the old form version.

Are you sure you just haven't found the features you need yet? I find this update to be far more mobile friendly. What are you trying to do that's limiting?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

Are you sure you just haven't found the features you need yet? I find this update to be far more mobile friendly. What are you trying to do that's limiting?

Feels like it is bulkier. More clicks to achieve the same action.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, brad908 said:

You now also get automatically subscribed to topics when you comment. No good.

Did that not happen to you before? I used to comment, realize what I did, unfollow, then refollow without notifications

Mandarins looking sweet as usual.  And I too don't like the auto subscribe feature.  Its probably in the forum settings somewhere to turn it off.

Edit - Yep

Go to your user settings.  Then notification settings.  Uncheck Automatically follow content I reply to.  The one above is for subscribing to new threads you start I believe.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Did that not happen to you before? I used to comment, realize what I did, unfollow, then refollow without notifications

Never happened, Urbanek's thread is the first thread I've commented on since the update and now getting notifications. 

17 minutes ago, Scorched said:

Mandarins looking sweet as usual.  And I too don't like the auto subscribe feature.  Its probably in the forum settings somewhere to turn it off.

Edit - Yep

Go to your user settings.  Then notification settings.  Uncheck Automatically follow content I reply to.  The one above is for subscribing to new threads you start I believe.

Yea, just annoying they reverted the settings. I like NR too much to move away, but there have been other forums where it wasn't worth the hassle after they made various updates lol

What does everyone do when they get bored of a tank? I love this tank but it is just there to look at, at this point. I think a lot of us chase that initial design and build feeling.

• Like 2

After having this tank up for almost a year and a half, finally finishing up the door to the stand. Just need to decide how to paint it now

1A4C9AF2-F4CC-498E-BAC2-0219C7AFA419_zps

• Like 10
On 3/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, brad908 said:

What does everyone do when they get bored of a tank? I love this tank but it is just there to look at, at this point. I think a lot of us chase that initial design and build feeling.

I try to look for an interesting creature or coral that can rekindle my passion.  With your tank being open which I assume is none negotiable, a lot of fish that are jumpers are out. Perhaps a cool invert.  Only you can know what you will find interesting.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

The door for the tank stand turned out nice, is it on a sliding track or does it just pop out? A bold accent color would be cool, green or orange?

Thanks. Probably stain the outside edges in a dark stain to match the stand, then thinking of just doing a white wash finish. We also thought about painting it some blue/gold/white. We will see.

It just sits there for now, might add something to the bottom so it slides a little easier. Wish we could get rid of this carpet too.

• Like 1

Door looks really nice! Hey let me know if you ever need to trim up your carpet halimeda, I ordered some but it came in looking pure white and he told me to give it a bit but it basically just disintegrated:(

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Changing up the tank a little. Put the hybrid over the mangroves and started shaping them even more out and over the tank. 

No t5's on in these pics, need to order new 6500's. 

69864E23-26C2-4032-B161-1BE2302A3979_zps

8317599C-DDC9-45E2-B495-90536E2D60FE_zps

EA63A99F-EDAD-4892-9A45-D85BE2D243D6_zps

• Like 7