SaltCritters.com

Need opinion on rock placement

fishfreak0114

fishfreak0114

I haven't touched my scape since I set up but one rock has been bothering me for a while. It's a small rock but it looks like it was just chucked on to be finished...which it kind of was. I moved it a bit, and just wanted to know if it looks better here. I moved it out, it opens up the hole behind it and creates another small hole going down. The first pic is the original scape. It's the rock in the very center middleish just above and kind of to the right of the rock with the pointy projection. The second pic is where it is now. The third is the hole it open below. And the fourth is the hole, now larger, behind it. Hoping to epoxy it in soon before it falls. Thnx for your opinion :)

image.jpg1_zpsf70jmipa.jpg

image_zpsu4mkjxe2.jpg

image_zpspufueget.jpg

image_zpswzhwrvib.jpg

Not too bad. I try not to ever have rocks touch or be too close to any side of glass. I even keep back open for flow so no dead spots.

I think would look better if rock structure was 1/2 to 3/4 of the size.

fishfreak0114

Thanks, I did make the mistake of putting rocks to close to the glass, but I solved the problem -- I use a toothbrush to get in the tight gaps. Should I leave the rock in the new spot? Or move it back to where it was?

fishfreak0114

Never mind, I tried to epoxy it in place and ended up knocking another rock over so I removed one and glued the other down. Kinda made a shelf thing that I'm happy enough with for now.

fishfreak0114

Think the orginal looks awesome, are those small rocks / Peebles in the substrate?

Thanks, it's a touch different now, I'll add a pic at the bottom. In my sand it's a combo of shells and shell bits, the odd small pebble and i have well over a hundred little ceriths snails (mine had babies) in my tank and they spend a lot of time on the sand. They account for most of the black dots.

Ignore all the ugly epoxy.

image_zpsz0fhqiys.jpg

image_zpsms7agte0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
IronChefItaly

Not too bad. I try not to ever have rocks touch or be too close to any side of glass. I even keep back open for flow so no dead spots.

I think would look better if rock structure was 1/2 to 3/4 of the size.

+1

I bought a neglected nano with very similar rock work as yours. It looked a lot better after a few hours of rearranging the rock to give a visual gap between the glass.

Archived