Cultivated Reef

I found a MONSTER! Now I have a BEAST tank!

kimberbee

Now here is a horror movie villain: a disembodied tongue running loose.

or a giant terrestrial glycera! oh wait king kong 2005 had something kinda like that already in that bug pit scene, :unsure:

• Like 1
12_egg_Omelette

I'm still really town between the two pgrVII, I might buy some and watch it for like 2 months before I introduce it. The amazing biodiversity that comes with that can't be replicated.

I'm still really town between the two pgrVII, I might buy some and watch it for like 2 months before I introduce it. The amazing biodiversity that comes with that can't be replicated.

I haven't put in any new rock since I got the tank almost a year ago and the corals I buy are pretty much frags. Who knows how long it's been wandering around in there.

I'm freaked out about it and got less than 5 hours of sleep cause I have no idea how to get this guy out...

Oh dear I have one, too! I used to think it looked cool, since it glides across the surface really quickly. I only seem to see it randomly, at night, every couple of months. I don't know how I would find it :mellow:

Oh dear I have one, too! I used to think it looked cool, since it glides across the surface really quickly. I only seem to see it randomly, at night, every couple of months. I don't know how I would find it :mellow:

How big is yours? Do you notice anything in your tank suffering?

I haven't put in any new rock since I got the tank almost a year ago and the corals I buy are pretty much frags. Who knows how long it's been wandering around in there.

I'm freaked out about it and got less than 5 hours of sleep cause I have no idea how to get this guy out...

Kimberbee, get some skewer sticks and when it's out stab and lift it out when you've run it through,do a water change to remove the probable goo and burn that thing
  • Like 2

Cool flatworm, poor snails.

It does pay to get up a night from time to time and look in the tank with a flashlight. I cover it with red candy wrappers so most things don't notice the light. You may find a few things that need removed.

• Like 3

Kimberbee, get some skewer sticks and when it's out stab and lift it out when you've run it through,do a water change to remove the probable goo and burn that thing

If I ever find it again... I can't believe I'd never seen it in there before!

Cool flatworm, poor snails.

It does pay to get up a night from time to time and look in the tank with a flashlight. I cover it with red candy wrappers so most things don't notice the light. You may find a few things that need removed.

I do occasionally look around wit ha flashlight. My nice MagLight with the red filter on it busted. Time to buy a new one!!

• Like 2

So huge! I'm going to try to catch it this week, but if not... tank reboot time...

Well, maybe it won't come to that. It eats snails and clams. Snails are easy to use as traps and bait. I think with patience you can catch the guy.

• Like 1

Pick up some snails and stick them in the bottle at the beginning of the night. Then just keep an eye on it for a while and see if the bait worked.

I have no advice. JUST OOOMMMGGGG. That is frightening.

I do wonder though if that is the source of your problems. Maybe when eating your snails it is leaving rotting parts of snails places. holy freaking crap. that thing is crazy.

• Like 3

I have no advice. JUST OOOMMMGGGG. That is frightening.

I do wonder though if that is the source of your problems. Maybe when eating your snails it is leaving rotting parts of snails places. holy freaking crap. that thing is crazy.

Oh, it definitely is. It leaves the snails open end up, leaving some rotting juices behind. I have found this at least 3 times.

since you gonna reboot anyways (right???), dip the rock he is on in freshwater to draw him out. Goooood luck!

It's a though. I was reading a thread on RC (I think) that some flatworms also eat euphyllias and other LPS. It's just so hard to get a positive and definitive ID. Maybe I have one that just eats everything!

• Like 1
Partially Submerged

Oh, it definitely is. It leaves the snails open end up, leaving some rotting juices behind. I have found this at least 3 times.

No problem. Nassarius snails will take care of that. Oh, wait. Ooops! g075.gif

• Like 2

How big is yours? Do you notice anything in your tank suffering?

It's pretty big, maybe an inch long. I've had snails perish and I always assumed it was the hermit crabs, but maybe now there's another culprit?