Top Shelf Aquatics

Well, I just got a big bag of rotting flesh in the mail...

Funkymonkey

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by blide

Hey Funky...

I'm new to reefing and haven't ever done a thermos trade and saw your post and it makes me sad because I was looking forward to trading someday.  I'm from the Dallas area and I have some great friends that have shared frags with me and have been extremely helpfull.  Bill

(Trying to make the world a better place)

Hey, I'm from Dallas too. Maybe we can set up a local frag/trade/delivery system with a group of us Texans.

WOW! This place IS a nice world - at least it can be when someone wants to help out another person with the same interests. I applaud those that are willing to help out another. I know one thing after being around this forum for awhile: I would be glad to help out ANYBODY on this forum but you. I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt on previous threads, and thought that I may have prejudged you, and have even apologized for being ornery on a previous thread. BUT, you seem to have a pattern of smarta## remarks. We all could do without it. If you want drama, watch Oprah, and if you want attention - try matchmaker.com. Otherwise, leave the forum for those that seek, and those that want to give, viable information.

Sorry - just can't take those that always seem to want to denigrate others for the purpose of elevating their own self esteem. You either want to contribute, or you don't. If you are not posting to further the cause, then you are posting to hinder it. I have no patience tonight for the latter. If you post solely for the purpose of belittling those that post before you, then you must surely be an attention whore, otherwise, why would you post such a negative comment. This post was going along smoothly without your input (as worthless as it was), but then you decided that your pious remarks were required. You might have some valuable knowledge about various subjects, and we all would be glad to learn from your past experience, but, no one wants to hear you talk down about other people's situations.

PS: Have a GREAT weekend!

I am a bit unsure as well, but I think I get the point being made. A bit harsh mind you.

Has it been cleaned up with the sender yet?

BTW blide, that is really nice to see, things like that help restore my faith in humanity.

Ahhh, I didn't pick up on Xx_de_xX's sarcasm. I thought he was being serious! I'm reading this thread and getting all warm inside, about to burst into tears and call my mom just to tell her I love her, and then BLAM, outta nowhere!

Come on - I don't think that it is that hard to tell. ;) (But angel, I think you are on the right track!). I must admit, I am on edge tonite and have a short fuse. BUT, the post I am referring to was unnecessary and pointless, other than to bring attention to a weak effort at appearing superior at some level to other forum members. Sorry, but not buying it. Call me an a$$ if you want, but I think that who is the a$$ is obvious. I want to learn more, and if I have the knowledge of a specific subject - I will gladly share with others so they can learn more. I just have a problem with those who post for no other reason than to put someone down. We were all in a position of ignorance of some subject at one time or another - what is the goal: to help or to hinder?

PS: I think that the inferred poster has alot of valuable knowledge, just wish that he (she?) would make it available freely without the smarta$$ comments. I'm sure there is information to be shared that would benefit others that are not as experienced! What do you want (you know who), people to beg for you wisdom? HaHa!!

Originally posted by ReeferMo

I know one thing after being around this forum for awhile:  I would be glad to help out ANYBODY on this forum but you.

Calm down there big fella.... you've only been on since july 04, and i think that's hardly enough time to be making judgements on someone. UNLESS "ReeferMo" is just your alias that you had to create after previously being banned. otherwise, i think you need to take it easy. this was turning into a positive thread with good responses from good people. btw, i too am a texan, just a "west" texan.....(just in case a fellow texas reefer wanted to send some frags out this way...)

Also, Blide, it is people like you that make it worth while to belong to any kind of group at all. I am glad that you want to try to help out any way you can, and hope that somewhere, there are more like you. Have a great weekend!

Call me crazy, but I don't think it has to be completely black or white, help or hinder. Sometimes, people just make a comment to get a laugh. I think that most of the time, it's harmless and they're often misunderstood, but there are no doubt a few bad apples. It's best to just chalk that up to poor upbringing and ignore them. Otherwise, you're just feuling their fire.

Besides, it's difficult to tell what people are really trying to say on a message board, without talking to them face to face.

Originally posted by jaguilar

Calm down there big fella.... you've only been on since july 04, and i think that's hardly enough time to be making judgements on someone. ]

I know. And isn't is sad that I could form such an opinion about one person so quickly? I don't think it is without good reason. I have seen snide remarks more than once from him (her?). I will readily admit to having a short fuse (just ask my wife), but like I said before - is the goal to help or to hinder? OR, just to attract attention. I have read many of said member's posts before, and I think that there is much knowledge there. I just don't dig the smarta$$ and derogatory comments. Of course, it could be a desperate attempt at humor? At any event, I am over it. Sorry about the rant.

Funkymonkey
Originally posted by blide

Do you live in Pasadena, TX?  Just want to make sure.  If so I checked Priority Mail and it's extremely cheap!

Yup yup, exactly where I live! Want me to PM you my address?

Also, I have some GSP and zoanthids that'll be ready in a month or two baring any catastrophe.

ReeferMo, don't sweat it.... the best thing to do with people like that is to just ignore them. it's not worth the effort. i too have been pulled into a few verbal wars, and i learned that the best thing to do in that situation is to make good use of the "ignore" option available to us in the private message section.

enough of the thread hijacking... back to the mass texas-frag-swap-donation thread.... funkymonkey, i just recently fragged a bunch of zoos and donated them to my mother's 75g. but in a few months, i should have some more frags available, and i'd be happy to send some your way. keep me in mind...

EtOH_is_good

i suggest that you all start a texas reefer thread. i know that the virginia/maryland thread is a very good place to have the newbs start with. helps a lot when someone wants to check out all the lfs within driving distance.

id also love to know some quality lfs in the dallas area. my brother just moved there. i may have to pay him a visit to golf and see some different sw tanks.

ps just because you are scarcastic doesn't mean you don't have manners, just a skewed sense of humor.

OK, The USPS has the box and it's going priority mail for $3.85. I sent 2 zoanthids (Green w/brown and Yellow and Green) 2 mushrooms (1 Purple and 1 Green/Red) and 1 small frag of anthelia (purple). This was the first time to do this so I hope everything makes it ok. Let me know how things turn out. Have a good day.

Bill

They said it would be 2nd day, so cross your fingers (you never know with the post office)

Archived