Innovative Marine Aquariums

.5 gallon bowl mini reef

chemikalzsky

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chemikalzsky

When I was researching, a lot of people kept saying that black sand was a pain and I shouldn't do it. I don't know why, but something in me drives me to do things the hard way. Haha!

So far, it hasn't been bad, but I'm waiting for it.

I like it alot it something different from the typical white sand. I am the same, always being attracted to things people say no to, always looking for a challenge

chemikalzsky

I picked up two new friends for the 10g today, along with a couple of Rics and a Yuma.

These little guys are going to look so awesome in there.

post-88598-0-94673100-1438540552_thumb.jpg

HarryPotter

I picked up two new friends for the 10g today, along with a couple of Rics and a Yuma.

attachicon.gif_20150802_143438.JPG

Gorgeous! For a moment I thought they were going to go into the .5g mini reef haha

chemikalzsky

They are in the tank after acclimation and they look AWESOME!

They're hanging around my return pump a lot right now. I hope they adventure around the tank a little more.

They look great. When I bought my firsT clownfish they where really shy at first but soon became the most active fish in my tank.

chemikalzsky

I am happy to report that my little Wyoming whites are now swimming happy around my tank. The little one has taken to hosting one of my snails. Hahah! It's kinda cute.

I have a little rainbow anemone in the tank, but I don't want them to host it just yet. I'm afraid they would beat the hell out of it.

Ooh these guys look awesome! Glad to hear they are doing good too :)

chemikalzsky

Thanks Yoshii!!

They've got such a great personality. I was taking a pic of my sad Torch and one decided to say Hi!

post-88598-0-28465900-1438740945_thumb.jpg

chemikalzsky

It's been a while since I posted up a pic of the bowl. I got a new zoa and mushroom! I don't know what they are called, but they certainly pop in the bowl. I circled them in the pic. Anyone haven idea?

post-88598-0-52373100-1438818789_thumb.jpg

Oh man, I forgot about my acan. It's on the plug in the foreground.

chemikalzsky

How is the bowl and clownfish doing? Any new corals

My bowl has been doing great! My acan has a new mouth and my galaxy zoa is growing two new polyps.

My little male clown is starting to get curious about my anemone. Eeeee! He hasn't started hosting yet, but he's slowly getting closer to it. I'm not going to force them.

I wanna get new stuff, but I have been slammed with work and I'm not getting home until after the store closes. :( I might head to Orlando this weekend and see what I can find if I don't have to work.

chemikalzsky

I got two new corals and a new porcelain crab for the 10g this weekend! Picture time!!

New Rock flower Anemone and Rainbow Wall Hammer with a nosey male Wyoming White Clown hanging around.

post-88598-0-66813100-1439767016_thumb.jpg

Oh look! The female decided to join in on the fun!

post-88598-0-61593000-1439767032_thumb.jpg

Here's a nice pic of the lower portion of my tank. From left to Right: Rics, Yuma, mushroom, rock flower anemone, Rainbow wall hammer, Rainbow bubble tip anemone, and right above that, you can see the claw of my new anemone crab. He's a little shy right now. I'll get a better pic when he gets a little more comfortable in the tank.

post-88598-0-86623200-1439767051_thumb.jpg

Nice addition. I love the clownfish fish. Sadly the once I had my eye on, in petco the manager told me that one of them died and the other was sold, sad because they were already paired up.

Yea I had my hart smashed when he told me, I was there to buy them because one of my friends agree to hold them for me in his tank, once I didn't see them in their normal spot I ask the manager and he told me what happened.

chemikalzsky

Nooooo, that's even worse. :'(

There's some nice iced mocha pairs at my favorite LFS, but they didn't have the personality of the ones I picked up.

Yea. I like these two because they were really friendly, they came up right to glass and I felt bad for the condition they where in, in a tank with about 10 gallon of water, share with a tang and a reef angelfish

chemikalzsky

I have turned to marine depot for my online fish stuff now. Their customer service is awesome and their email communications are very creative and entertaining.

Yea marine depot is a good online retailer, I recently order a Sicce Syncra 1.5 pump from them. That is going to be the return pump for my pico. BulkReefSupply.com is another shop I like they always email discount and the staff is very helpful with question.

chemikalzsky

I've never heard of them. I might have to check them out.

In other news....

The crab has made his home in my anemone!! Woo hoo!!

post-88598-0-33679800-1439848344_thumb.jpg

Archived