Coral Vue Hydros

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

Am Canadian, we don't have any type of carry for restricted firearms (pistol, SBR, etc.) except for Wilderness Authorization to Carry (WATC). They are hard to get because most people can carry a long gun in the woods anyways. Professionals can get the WATC exemption to carry a restricted firearm if their job requires it. Not to get this thread to far off track but I shoot sporting clays at least once a week. It's a lot of fun!

Next item I save for is a custom made lid from Artfully Acrylic for the 40g but I have time for that as I have the 3 fish in the 10g for QT for the next 3 mos.

Can you just call a local sign shop and have them laser cut it? I did that before to make an AIO out of a standard two gallon tank.
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have an indoor range I go to but I don't know yet where they have an outdoor range. I can only imagine it would be difficult to hit a moving target! And at least in self-defense you're looking at a closer target but I sure noticed as the gun barrel was longer my aim was much better. Like they say, shortening the barrel shows more issues. It's amazing what an inch difference means, being ON target or being off in the periphery completely. I can't shoot these tinier compacts. They're rougher on ya anyway. They say go what you shoot the best with and that's what I'm gonna do. God knows the only time I ever hope to use it is at the range for fun. I did find it stress relieving. I need better control of my trigger, in part a better trigger will help, but I think i'm pulling it down some instead of pressing it back which makes sense as I'm off target slightly to the left. More to learn.

They have an indoor range I go to but I don't know yet where they have an outdoor range. I can only imagine it would be difficult to hit a moving target! And at least in self-defense you're looking at a closer target but I sure noticed as the gun barrel was longer my aim was much better. Like they say, shortening the barrel shows more issues. It's amazing what an inch difference means, being ON target or being off in the periphery completely. I can't shoot these tinier compacts. They're rougher on ya anyway. They say go what you shoot the best with and that's what I'm gonna do. God knows the only time I ever hope to use it is at the range for fun. I did find it stress relieving. I need better control of my trigger, in part a better trigger will help, but I think i'm pulling it down some instead of pressing it back which makes sense as I'm off target slightly to the left. More to learn.

I belong to a club up here too. I used to shoot mostly rifle but now it's about 90% shotgun. I thought about getting a pistol since my licence allows it, but there are a lot of laws governing their use and storage which sound like more trouble than it is worth. The longer the barrel the easier it is to be accurate so you will find flaws in your technique with a shorter barrel for sure. I don't shoot a lot of pistol, as I don't own one myself, but it is fun. I usually pull right because I jerk the trigger which isn't a problem when I am shooting rifles or shotguns. -_- As you said, a nice steady squeeze is what you need.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen a change in how the clowns are treating the nem at all. My nem has been all puffed up, elongated, looking like it's going to split. Turn around and a change from when I came home to now, it's completely deflated and dangly except for one strong tentacle. I don't know what happened, but maybe it's doing the splitting now?? It looks so deflated, like those long balloons used for twisting into shape to make animals, just limp I'll see how it is tomorrow..

• 1 month later...

Training didn't help but here's a nice new shot w/ my new phone Samsung 6. What a deal, the phone & Otterbox Defended case for 293 w/ tax. They were swimming over it, not in it. They've never done that yet. But w/ the exception of some algae on the wall, I love this picture.

20161129_201621_zpsior9bahi.jpg

RIP Sebastian

Training didn't help but here's a nice new shot w/ my new phone Samsung 6. What a deal, the phone & Otterbox Defended case for 293 w/ tax. They were swimming over it, not in it. They've never done that yet. But w/ the exception of some algae on the wall, I love this picture.

20161129_201621_zpsior9bahi.jpg

Mine haven't even done that yet. However, I accidentally unplugged my light yesterday and my female made a beeline for the nem. Funny thing is, my LFS has a female that the owner is floating in a strainer/basket in the tank trying to get her to host. He even added another anemone-which is funny 'cause I did that, too! I added the new one (this was a while ago) to where the clowns liked to hang out and the nem moved to where the other one is. The buddies now. :)

• 1 month later...

Since I got this nursery tank for baby rock flowers anemones, this tank will be coming down. In it's same location I'll put this one. My friend Randi is getting my cherub angel, my 2 frogspawns, a rock of 3 different mushrooms, my Double D palys though I think they need to be revived in some Revive as they've mostly been closed. The green acid bta went to Gertie's tank.

It'll be leftover with some rock that has nothing on it and the substrate to cycle this tank when I'm ready. I'll also have the coral banded in the refugium. It's like 8 gallons, 18 x 18 x 8 but you only fill it to 6" as that's where the overflow starts. So it'll hold like 8 g and whatever is in the sump. This 10g won't fit the sump, it's too long and the opening in back is too small. I just called & Petco has a 5.5 g, 8W x 16L, that will fit through the stand door which is 10W. $13. It's a winner, I'll pick up after work on Monday.

20170113_191224_zpstmxwuaog.jpg

20170113_191910_zpstegnuaw6.jpg

This is what this tank looks like now before she comes & gets those things.

20170114_173838_zpslsw2sybm.jpg

This is what I have now in the 10g. I took a large rock out of Gertie's as I put the bta rock in her tank. So with using a 5.5 g and the skimmer & return I'm not gonna bother with putting glass dividers.

20170114_194503_zps7vwggu8p.jpg

And this is what the other tank looks like. I don't know if some of you go to my rfa tank or not.

20170114_194952_zpsrryg9nwe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this tank is coming down no surprise after getting that frag tank. I moved the 2 urchins and the coral banded to the 40 after work. I need to toss the remaining macro in Gerts tank. The rocks, heater & light will stay in the 10 til I move those over. This is all that remains of the 10g. Just the rocks and 2 mushrooms. I actually have 2 Par 38s to use and a dimmable Par 30 so I can see which I like on the nursery tank better. It more than likely will be my Par 38 which is more blue. My friend gave me one and it's more lavender. I just need to keep one Par 38 on Gert's tank because the green acid bta is in there.

So with this picture this thread will be closed, I'll have it deleted from my list of active tanks in my sig.

20170123_194253_zps5mqcbfah.jpg

They're in the 40 now! The gbta went to Gert's tank. 2 different frogspawns, double d paly and mushrooms went to my friend Randi, along w/ the cherub angel. They're now in my 34 g tank that I gave her. Yeah, I guess tank bread clowns are difficult and the gbta wasn't into it either.

RIP Sebastian

They're in the 40 now! The gbta went to Gert's tank. 2 different frogspawns, double d paly and mushrooms went to my friend Randi, along w/ the cherub angel. They're now in my 34 g tank that I gave her. Yeah, I guess tank bread clowns are difficult and the gbta wasn't into it either.

Good to hear!

It's really exciting to see everything move to the frag tank, but I'm still a little sad to see this tank go. I still remember the great discussion we had about what to name this tank. :lol:

It's really exciting to see everything move to the frag tank, but I'm still a little sad to see this tank go. I still remember the great discussion we had about what to name this tank. :lol:

This was to be the tank where clowns could enjoy the gbta, or one of the 2 frogspawns, but nnnnoooooooo. Neither would have it. So I lost interest in it.

I still love the name though!!

Archived