SaltCritters.com

Just unpackaged :)

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

I ordered the Zoa frag pack and WWC grafted cap from Legendary Corals and everything looks incredible- the Zoas were already open in the bag!!

I dipped using CoralRX, and NOTHING came off. These frags were sterile! :)

All of the Zoas are firmly matted onto th plugs, which is awesome. You won't have to deal with any loose polyps!

The Montipora Cap seems totally red, which I am slightly concerned about given that it was advertised as a Two-Tone Grafted Cap, but it looks very healthy and is well encrusted onto the plug.

Edit: Cap is two tone after a day- love it!

10/10 would order again from Legendary Corals- amazing prices and great corals :)

(Not to mention most of the Zoa frags came with 3-6 polyps rather than the advertised "1-3"!)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

LC?

Legendary Corals (this is posted in the Legendary Coral forum)

Edit:

Modified original post to add full name and make it more clear- thanks! :)

This is my only concern:

Advertised:

9ECBB304-CE86-464A-9811-C5AAEE53DE31_zps

Received:

2E594C73-F8FF-4EA8-AF32-D62F3580B01D_zps

Drop it in your tank and see if it changes color with some light. If not, then it's bad juju.

HarryPotter

Drop it in your tank and see if it changes color with some light. If not, then it's bad juju.

Sorry- what's bad "juju"?

Yeah I put it in and I'll see in a few days

Just because the frag you got isn't showing the green yet doesn't mean that it didn't come from that colony. The frag you got simply could have come from a section of the original colony that didn't have much green on it. Doesn't mean that it isn't the same coral.

Just because the frag you got isn't showing the green yet doesn't mean that it didn't come from that colony. The frag you got simply could have come from a section of the original colony that didn't have much green on it. Doesn't mean that it isn't the same coral.

While this is true, I'm kinda perplexed that LC would do such a thing. If you are advertising it as a 2 toned grafted cap, then all frags should have a least a bit of both tones. I understand how some corals loose color in transit, but this doesn't seem to be one of those cases.

Harry - post a pic of the frag under tank lights so we can really compare.

HarryPotter

While this is true, I'm kinda perplexed that LC would do such a thing. If you are advertising it as a 2 toned grafted cap, then all frags should have a least a bit of both tones. I understand how some corals loose color in transit, but this doesn't seem to be one of those cases.

Harry - post a pic of the frag under tank lights so we can really compare.

^+1, those are my exact thoughts. I emailed before placing my order confirming that the frag had red and green.

I can get a red cap for $5 any day of the week- I ordered this $50 coral (most expensive I've ever ordered) for the grafted aspect.

I'm not accusing them of sending a different coral or anything; I just want to express my disappointment for that purchase (the WWC grafted cap) and get an answer :).

Not at home ATM, but I'll try to get a picture before the light ramps down.

Zoas are awesomeness. So cool!

HarryPotter

They replied and said that it definitely should be two tone. Reccomondation was to view it under more blue light and to give it some time :)

enderturtle

Yeah corals under aquarium lights will look different than corals under your kitchen light.

Give it some time, the green will show up if it didn't already.

This is my only concern:

Advertised:

9ECBB304-CE86-464A-9811-C5AAEE53DE31_zps

Received:

2E594C73-F8FF-4EA8-AF32-D62F3580B01D_zps

Is it me or does this look like a human tongue glued to a frag plug?

HarryPotter

Is it me or does this look like a human tongue glued to a frag plug?

I thought it looked like a circumcised penis. But I guess that too

Might want to get all those bumps check out then...

might want to go to the doc, buddy...

HarryPotter

*Allegedly* Grafted Penis Coral

HA omgomgomg:lol:omgomgomg

Gawd. We've gotten off track. I wonder what Legendary Corals has to say about them selling Grafted Penises (Or is that "Peni"?

Legendary Corals

Lol at all the weiner jokes! I didn't even notice that. And to think I fondled it. :rolleyes:

Put it in under some tank lights. I chose the best looking piece myself, it's a beautiful graft! Under kitchen lights I'd say most corals looks completely different then under some pretty blues.

HarryPotter

Put it in under some tank lights. I chose the best looking piece myself, it's a beautiful graft.

Yessir! Ill be home by 6:15 and then ill get to see it under lights. I had to drive home to do a quick acclimation and immediately drive back, so couldn't admire it.

Yessir! Ill be home by 6:15 and then ill get to see it under lights. I had to drive home to do a quick acclimation and immediately drive back, so couldn't admire it.

Where are you that you can post on nano - reef all day? Can't be work because you'd be fred by now.
HarryPotter

Where are you that you can post on nano - reef all day? Can't be work because you'd be fred by now.

I'm volunteering until 1:30 and then have things to do and places to be ;)

Archived