Innovative Marine Aquariums

Constructive peer reviews for an aquascape

hey

I really love the idea behind this thread and I would really enjoy any feedback. Would love feedback as I feel my colors could pop more and contrast would help with this.

In one pic ignore the red square, it highlighting how small my clown was when got him, but it shows my two solid main rocks.

Try getting the Frogspawn/ torches up onto the rock work. The cloves will bring out the green in. If necessary you may need to apply epoxy over the cloves to help make space

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReefSafeSolutions

gorgs would give amazing movement, just anything tall thin and branchy would look good up there with some zoas or pom pom xenia around it. for low profile corals, anything encrusting or shrooms or zoas would do the trick.

another thing to consider is having a simple color palette, one or 2 main colors and a 3rd bright color used less often. greens and purples make for easy main colors. Anything red or yellow or orange will pop amazingly against it. could be a great color for centerpieces.

I'll have to see if I can find any gorgs at my LFS...I've never really even considered them before. I know my LFS has some red mushrooms, I may be able to find some orange rics too! I could probably move some of my orange zoas over there too...or maybe find some other zoas, like red or yellow ones or something.

I would appreciate a feedback on my aquascape:(pardon the bad picture)

Leave it. Whilst pillars are difficult to mount coral to they can be awesome.

ReefSafeSolutions

I agree, I think it looks great! I love the lack of rock in the middle, gives it great "space" if that makes sense.

Leave it. Whilst pillars are difficult to mount coral to they can be awesome.

Yep True.. every time I get a new coral it is a fight to figure out where to put so that it gets adequate light/flow as required.

I agree, I think it looks great! I love the lack of rock in the middle, gives it great "space" if that makes sense.

Thanks.. I wish my tank had some more depth so that I could stagger the the pillar so give it more perception of depth. Well next tank.. i guess...

When I saw this thread posted I thought it was a great idea and I've been meaning to post my tank in here. I do love my tank, maybe it's that I've had it for awhile and want to change it up (you know how that goes) or I've never really been happy with it. What are your opinions on my scape? I find that I struggled with the dimensions of my tank and this was the best I could come up with. What would you guys honestly change about my rock scape?

19767912808_1a5d607905_b.jpg

A lot late but I was just reading through. Absolutely love your tank. This is exactly what I've always wanted. Since I suck I'm going to ask that you take a high res photo nice and centered of each side and I will then print and glue them to my tank. You can send me new photos periodically :)

Archived