Coral Vue Hydros

Need advice with sump design for AIO.

grusus

20000312_011408_zpsdf1ni7aj.jpg

20000312_011256_zpsolq9dgfy.jpg

Skimmer had a smaller footprint than exspected. But I like the extra space so I don't mind, and there is no risk for water over the edge if skimmer goes crazy.

20000312_011138_zpswopj3gek.jpg

I will not only rely on the suction cups.

20000313_002835_zpsifeq9mem.jpg

20000313_002755_zpsnhtjscky.jpg

Attempt on a media rack. Alot of scratches, bad cuts and glue spill, but will hopefully get the jobb done. As you see only the middle chamber is removable. I glued the acrylic/egg crate together using acrylic glue. It seems to have bonded really strong .

• 4 months later...

I haven't given up.

In one week it's time for the water test. Tank has been drying for 2 weeks so that should be enought.

Stand is almost finished. I used plywood and wood veneer this time and it turned out soo much better. Now I just need some dark (black) stain and varnish.

I also found a nice acrylic box for the gravity feed ATO. 1,5 gallon which should be enought.

IMAG0045_zpsiousrmyz.jpg

IMAG0051_zpsvq0g0mc7.jpg

IMAG0052_zpsfde0ske4.jpg

IMAG0059_zpsrxtretjd.jpg

I'm going to attach a back wall and floor to make it eaven more steady. But It's already very steady and I don't think I need any more studs.

IMAG0061_zps5c3b2zaz.jpg

IMAG0067_zps3i9fiv1w.jpg

IMAG0068_zpsuz025z43.jpg

I got the design idea from reef savvy stands.

IMAG0022_zpst76lrrnq.jpg

DIY media basket. It was a hell drilling all those holes!

I think there will be water in this tank soon (doubt you guys belive that though)

Well, tank seems to hold water with no issue at all, no leaking between sump and tank either, and also good flow through the media basket (jebao 1200 at 100% in the vid)

Question. Is it really neccessary to add a baffle between media basket and return chamber? I will of course raise the water lvl in the media/return chamber.

• 2 weeks later...

IMAG0080_zpsdcpgrlwh.jpg

IMAG0090_zpsz6pl6tuo.jpg

IMAG0095_zpsctsobquz.jpg

IMAG0104_zpsqlbqmpjk.jpgSalwater in the tank!

The shimmer from these leds look so much better than I thought they would. I know It's only blue/white channel, but compare to my former Ati sirius( when set on only blue/white) the blend/ is much better on these blau nano. But that's only my personal opinion of course..

• Like 1

looking great. skimmer looks promising

Thanks! Took me a few years but finnally I have the tank up and running. Now the hard part begins.

Yeah, I'm also interested to see how well it performs.

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since an update, and I Never thought this would happen after all my mayor misstakes.

Yesterday l Finally got fish in the tank! A pair of tank breed clowns between 1.1-1.5" and they are so beautiful!! I bought them from a SW fish only store with great reputation, rather 3ours driving instead for 15min to nearest "pet smart".

I drip acclimated in a dark bucket for about an our, then l turned of all the light in the room after they were intruduced to the tank, and now l only have some blue on low % to start the day with.

Btw. The tank looks completly different today. I had so much time to change things, and l actually took most of the rock out for a day to build a better scape using marco mortar. That was however 1.5 months ago, so in a way this tank have been up running since september, that's just crazy. So much wasted salt/ro/di water and filter floss to keep the tank in condition.

Next update will be in a few days when l know they have settled down and seem healthy,so hopfulle alive news.

• Like 1

So far so good in the tank.

I tried to feed a little this morning. First l tried some Ocean nutrition frozen food but they were not interrested for now. Then l tried New Life Spectrum Thera A - Small Fish pellets which they ate eagerly, and so did my two hermit crabs aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeSGO_pDMOQ

I also made a cave which now serves as a dubble cave. It's the low flat structure to the right in the video. It has a reef plate lid.

IMAG0015_zpssxgtckul.jpg

IMAG0018_zps9vvioqv4.jpg

And a DIY screen top.

IMAG0045_zps9oxlgfg8.jpg

IMAG0054_zpswmn6kn93.jpg

IMAG0041_zpsuc0aiwdr.jpg

• Like 1

Here we go!

A small pinch mean way too much food, well i will learn eventually.

And most of the food will end up in the filter floss anyway so.

After day two in my tank i made sure to feed much because of how stress active they were. I fed NLS thera A twice and frozen once a day.

Now they have calmed down alot though, so instead of pellets twice they "only" get pellets/frozen once a day.

• 1 year later...