Top Shelf Aquatics

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

The Nanobox lights put out good light but the lack of finish leaves a lot to be desired. Wires running all over the place, bad paint lines, poor fitting mounts etc. For LEDs you can't beat a Radion in power or cleanliness right now.

Yup. Same. Both of mine have a slight sag. Also one is about 1/8 inch taller than the other one. Quality control on the RMS mounts went out the window. I've got a email in to the salesman I deal with there.

You aren't supposed to use the insert on a rimless tank. I use it though because I feel it made it sag less.

I don't really have an issue with wires just the one coming from the back of the light. I like the finish on mine too. My wires aren't ever an issue since they are all organized mostly in or behind the massive desk it sits on. Ecotech's are certainly nice units no doubt,I just liked the nano box package myself,either way,everyone's a Winner :)

For sure. For the price, can't beat it.

Ok cool. I've heard alot of good things about them.... silicone seams fairly straight and bubble free?

• Like 1

Ok cool. I've heard alot of good things about them.... silicone seams fairly straight and bubble free?

Yep, no bubbles. Decent job.

• Like 1

Yep, no bubbles. Decent job.

Nice, we are looking at a smaller lake house and a piece of property to build on too.... lake house doesn't really have the room to set up the 150 tho, so thinking might drop down to something smaller and cheaper if we buy that place until I get around to building the main house :wacko:

• Like 1

Nice, we are looking at a smaller lake house and a piece of property to build on too.... lake house doesn't really have the room to set up the 150 tho, so thinking might drop down to something smaller and cheaper if we buy that place until I get around to building the main house :wacko:

Dude, a lake house.... nice!

Screw the tank :)

I almost went with a custom size....tank only to fit my current stand....but, moving the tank to another area of the room. Email them for sizing and cost. You could just order the tank alone for a pretty minimal cost. Again, for what it is.............best price around.

Congrats on the new place!

Played with the Radion a bit tonight.....it's got some nice color.....think I want the EcoLink or whatever the ####ing thing is called.

I almost went with a custom size....tank only to fit my current stand....but, moving the tank to another area of the room. Email them for sizing and cost. You could just order the tank alone for a pretty minimal cost. Again, for what it is.............best price around.

Played with the Radion a bit tonight.....it's got some nice color.....think I want the EcoLink or whatever the ####### thing is called.

Naw can't say screw the tank, oldest especially enjoys it, and we have winters here so gotta have something to do since the lake would be frozen and I aint into ice fishing and freeeezing lol Leaning towards holding off on the lake house tho now that we've given it some more thought.... It would take alot of my time that should go towards actually building the new place during our limited building season lol

If I do a custom size I'll probably either go with miracles again or check out pico, was just thinking that might not be a bad cheap quick fix for something likely temporary/ seasonal lol

Radions are bad ass you will like it for sure! I know I really liked mine when I had it over the 40g and would most likely run it again over something smaller. They are definitely capable of growing whatever you want in that tank Jack, just gotta find some time to keep up with everything else :wacko:

• Like 1

Naw can't say screw the tank, oldest especially enjoys it, and we have winters here so gotta have something to do since the lake would be frozen and I aint into ice fishing and freeeezing lol Leaning towards holding off on the lake house tho now that we've given it some more thought.... It would take alot of my time that should go towards actually building the new place during our limited building season lol

If I do a custom size I'll probably either go with miracles again or check out pico, was just thinking that might not be a bad cheap quick fix for something likely temporary/ seasonal lol

Radions are bad ass you will like it for sure! I know I really liked mine when I had it over the 40g and would most likely run it again over something smaller. They are definitely capable of growing whatever you want in that tank Jack, just gotta find some time to keep up with everything else :wacko:

No way, go with the lake front property and build what you guys want......................you has the time, EZ Money!

I'm hoping to make this tank a little easier as my maintenance sucks. Between ever-increasing work demands on both my wife and myself, the kids and the house.....and everything in between.......the tank is definitely neglected most of the time.

Hopefully, this will be a better run.

• Like 2

No tank progress :angry:

But, here's a couple pics of the garden. Didn't plant these intentionally....they went into the compost after last years carvings. Compost went into the garden......and now, we have these. Girls are stoked. :)

Regular orange jack-o-lantern style pumpkin.....still growing and turning orange.

Garden%20Pumpkin.jpg

These are the little mini pumpkins.....orange.

Garden%20Mini%20Pumpkin.jpg

And.....the mini pumpkins in white.....pretty sure they're minis......but don't remember for sure.

Garden%20Mini%20Pumpkin%20White.jpg

Went hiking today with my girls........found a little creek and fished for crawdads. Pretty good day.

• Like 7

No way, go with the lake front property and build what you guys want......................you has the time, EZ Money!

I'm hoping to make this tank a little easier as my maintenance sucks. Between ever-increasing work demands on both my wife and myself, the kids and the house.....and everything in between.......the tank is definitely neglected most of the time.

Hopefully, this will be a better run.

Stupid agent took the weekend off, lake house we were wanting to look at got an accepted offer before we could even go look at it :furious: So time to start looking for vacant property lol

I hear ya man, I like the idea of easier maintenance. You figure it out and let me know how to do it :lol::D I really need to get one of those automatic water changers, but you still gotta make sure that has water mixed and ready to go when needed :wacko: lol

No tank progress :angry:

But, here's a couple pics of the garden. Didn't plant these intentionally....they went into the compost after last years carvings. Compost went into the garden......and now, we have these. Girls are stoked. :)

Regular orange jack-o-lantern style pumpkin.....still growing and turning orange.

Garden%20Pumpkin.jpg

These are the little mini pumpkins.....orange.

Garden%20Mini%20Pumpkin.jpg

And.....the mini pumpkins in white.....pretty sure they're minis......but don't remember for sure.

Garden%20Mini%20Pumpkin%20White.jpg

Went hiking today with my girls........found a little creek and fished for crawdads. Pretty good day.

Unintentional = free.... Kids like them and are happy = hell yeah!!! :)

• Like 3
HarryPotter

Played with the Radion a bit tonight.....it's got some nice color.....think I want the EcoLink or whatever the ####### thing is called.

It's REEFLINK!

You know you can plug it into a laptop, right? The REEFLINK just makes it wireless for shits and giggles...

• Like 1

It's REEFLINK!

You know you can plug it into a laptop, right? The REEFLINK just makes it wireless for shits and giggles...

Yep.....and the EcoSmart Live deal is a hunk of shit. Using my work issued computer I can not download their Connection Manager or whatever they call it, my iPhone won't connect, work issued phone...same deal, going to have my wife use her computer to program my light. Annoying to say the least.

Stupid agent took the weekend off, lake house we were wanting to look at got an accepted offer before we could even go look at it :furious: So time to start looking for vacant property lol

I hear ya man, I like the idea of easier maintenance. You figure it out and let me know how to do it :lol::D I really need to get one of those automatic water changers, but you still gotta make sure that has water mixed and ready to go when needed :wacko: lol

Sorry to hear about the lake house man. As lame as it sounds, something better will come along! We had our nuts kicked in on like...20 houses before we found this one. Glad now we missed out on the ones we "really" wanted...our house now is small....but yard and neighborhood is amazing for the kids.

• Like 1

My daughter just saw this and asked why dont we have a yard? She grows stuff at my moms all the time. Keeping the kids happy and not spending cash is always a good thing!

• Like 2

My daughter just saw this and asked why dont we have a yard? She grows stuff at my moms all the time. Keeping the kids happy and not spending cash is always a good thing!

Forget Texas. Move up here to Ventura....we can race our daughters bicycles down the hill after too much drinking.

• Like 4

You too, buddy. Pack that taco, and head out West.

....referring to your truck, btw.

Hahahaha . I totally would,but I got out of my home state of Maryland cause of their non gun friendly laws. :/
  • Like 1

Hahahaha . I totally would,but I got out of my home state of Maryland cause of their non gun friendly laws. :/

Hmmm......G U N ....... I'll have to Google that word and get back to you with a reply.

• Like 2

Hmmm......G U N ....... I'll have to Google that word and get back to you with a reply.

Lol my m4 would not be welcome there or my small fortune of pmags.

• Like 1

Lol my m4 would not be welcome there or my small fortune of pmags.

Lol....I hear ya. We're looking at getting out at some point....Harder to leave after having kids.