inTank Media Baskets

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Hey, what's up dick? Where have you been? Sell that house yet?

Busy completing projects around the house, its cool I don't expect you to understand :lol: Been lookin at new places to pick up, and hangin with the kiddos.... And I just realized I never submitted my pics for reef cleaners ugly tank contest that I took like 2 weeks ago... oh well they are better off not seen LOL

Not yet, have a showing tomorrow so hopefully. Weather has been shitty and holidays have had it slow around here for all that shit.... + prolly don't help I have it priced closer to the top of the list and no one around here has money, job, or credit..... man I hate flint lol

• Like 3

Busy completing projects around the house, its cool I don't expect you to understand :lol: Been lookin at new places to pick up, and hangin with the kiddos.... And I just realized I never submitted my pics for reef cleaners ugly tank contest that I took like 2 weeks ago... oh well they are better off not seen LOL

Not yet, have a showing tomorrow so hopefully. Weather has been shitty and holidays have had it slow around here for all that shit.... + prolly don't help I have it priced closer to the top of the list and no one around here has money, job, or credit..... man I hate flint lol

Chris! Glad to hear from ya man!
  • Like 1

Lol......not now buddy.....you moving to Texas just threw a wrench in the program.

Let's see that 90!

Just thinking about moving. I need to be close to the ocean. I dont get the whole snow thing and would like to avoid it. So that leaves out most of the country. Florida is pretty but...........Its Florida. Every day you hear of the strangest stuff on the news its all out of Florida. What is wrong with the people that live there? Texas has low cost of living high employment rate and good paying jobs. Just something I am tossing about. heres what I have done to my house for the 90

IMG_1418_zps8da8108e.jpg

Tank and stand before skin

IMG_0031_zpsc86c5a1a.jpg

here it is tonight.

IMG_0161_zps27g5epi8.jpg

I didnt want to crap up your thread with my procrastination but you asked. The sump is full of Legos toys and all the parts to make this tank work.

• Like 5

Just thinking about moving. I need to be close to the ocean. I dont get the whole snow thing and would like to avoid it. So that leaves out most of the country. Florida is pretty but...........Its Florida. Every day you hear of the strangest stuff on the news its all out of Florida. What is wrong with the people that live there? Texas has low cost of living high employment rate and good paying jobs. Just something I am tossing about. heres what I have done to my house for the 90

IMG_1418_zps8da8108e.jpg

Tank and stand before skin

IMG_0031_zpsc86c5a1a.jpg

here it is tonight.

IMG_0161_zps27g5epi8.jpg

I didnt want to crap up your thread with my procrastination but you asked. The sump is full of Legos toys and all the parts to make this tank work.

Yep.....we've been talking about moving as well. PNW is on the list. I would miss the beach too much I think.....always been a few minutes from it. Although, I think I could handle living on a river or lake....if they actually had water in them.

Florida. Whenever you feel like a looooser, just check out Florida news.

I like your floors....is it hickory?

I like the raised electrical too.

My tank stand now has tinker bell and few of her slutty fairy friends perched on the edge.

• Like 2

Yep.....we've been talking about moving as well. PNW is on the list. I would miss the beach too much I think.....always been a few minutes from it. Although, I think I could handle living on a river or lake....if they actually had water in them.

Florida. Whenever you feel like a looooser, just check out Florida news.

I like your floors....is it hickory?

I like the raised electrical too.

My tank stand now has tinker bell and few of her slutty fairy friends perched on the edge.

The floor is Brazilian pecan, thats another project that is almost done. I raised the outlets for the lights and wave makers as the tank and stand will be against the wall. It will eventually all look built in as I am building a desk to go next to the tank and cabinet to match the others. I was never this slow to do anything but having an 18 month old cruising around has pretty much stopped all my projects.

I love the dims of your maybe tank. 50 cube is such a nice tank!

• Like 1

The floor is Brazilian pecan, thats another project that is almost done. I raised the outlets for the lights and wave makers as the tank and stand will be against the wall. It will eventually all look built in as I am building a desk to go next to the tank and cabinet to match the others. I was never this slow to do anything but having an 18 month old cruising around has pretty me stopped all my projects.

Thanks, man.

Hmm, yep. Dig the floor.

Little ones will do that to you......our first place was prekids. Had that place ripped down to studs and concrete and rebuild with the best of the best within a year. Now, two kids later........my pockets are empty and the project list just keeps getting longer....

I actually wanted to go longer, 36" or so. But, the room is tight, and we had a corner that worked....so, 24" cube it is. I like the cubes....but the scape will be a bit tricky. Plus, being shoved in a corner, only 2 sides will allow viewing.

Watching Rambo.

The newest one from 2008. So crappy, but haven't been able to change the channel.

• Like 1

The floor is Brazilian pecan, thats another project that is almost done. I raised the outlets for the lights and wave makers as the tank and stand will be against the wall. It will eventually all look built in as I am building a desk to go next to the tank and cabinet to match the others. I was never this slow to do anything but having an 18 month old cruising around has pretty much stopped all my projects.

FWIW before you get done you may want to check but code is likely those plugs above the tank will need to be GFCI, also check how many people have had GFCI trip when using them for lights and wavemakers ;)

Those pecan floors are pimp, wish the wife would go for some shit like that in the next pad... prolly do that grey maple shit they are doing alot of now... :wacko:

Well, big news.

I spent 10 minutes on the tank this morning and applied the adhesive backed black vinyl sheeting. So, two of the four sides are blacked out.

Might mount the light tonight. ....crappy cell phone pics are coming.

• Like 7

Black 1/4" Starboard

Starboard%20Up%20Close.jpg

Starboard in place

Tank%20Starboard%20Installed.jpg

Tank 24" SCA Cube

Tank.jpg

Tank and Radion on RMS

Tank%20and%20Radion.jpg

Top Down

Tank%20and%20Radion%20Top%20Down.jpg

Looking Up

Tank%20Radion%20Up%20Close.jpg

• Like 7

Black 1/4" Starboard

Starboard%20Up%20Close.jpg

Starboard in place

Tank%20Starboard%20Installed.jpg

Tank 24" SCA Cube

Tank.jpg

Tank and Radion on RMS

Tank%20and%20Radion.jpg

Top Down

Tank%20and%20Radion%20Top%20Down.jpg

Looking Up

Tank%20Radion%20Up%20Close.jpg

Yea that's really Clean looking. As for the hybrids dave sells he did a really good post of making a metal stand to use the the suspension wires it's really clean and you seem like a dude who can build stuff so might be a route to take. Is that a Ecotech 30 you have on there now? Sell it,cause you know you'll get a good chunk,get the duo hybrid (we should try to convert lawnbro) make the stand and boom,box o sunshine. :)

That aside,the Ecotech lights are pretty damn good from what I've seen and read,my lfs uses some over there higher end tanks,maybe even all of them now to be honest.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Can we get a few more pictures maybe a little darker?

Yeah like this is blinding.... Had to turn my screen brightness way down and grab some sunglasses

• Like 1

Yeah like this is blinding.... Had to turn my screen brightness way down and grab some sunglasses

I know, sorry....kinda looks like braaaps light.

Yea that's really Clean looking. As for the hybrids dave sells he did a really good post of making a metal stand to use the the suspension wires it's really clean and you seem like a dude who can build stuff so might be a route to take. Is that a Ecotech 30 you have on there now? Sell it,cause you know you'll get a good chunk,get the duo hybrid (we should try to convert lawnbro) make the stand and boom,box o sunshine. :)

That aside,the Ecotech lights are pretty damn good from what I've seen and read,my lfs uses some over there higher end tanks,maybe even all of them now to be honest.

Damn....really?

Hmmmm..........

• Like 3

haha

So seriously. Have you opened your mount yet? My only complaint on mine is the clamping portion is so thick. I took out the spacer and it didn't feel like it gripped the tank very well.

Finally clamped the light......and it sags a bit. For as stout as it seems to be......I don't like the sagging.....especially when it's clamped at the rim of a sheet of glass. My hopes were higher for the RMS.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Finally clamped the light......and it sags a bit. For as stout as it seems to be......I don't like the sagging.....especially when it's clamped at the rim of a sheet of glass. My hopes were higher for the RMS.

Are you using both of the extensions? Mine has zero sag....

You have the rimless adapter on it? Are all the screws nice and tight?

• Like 1

Just one extension. ..the longest.

Think the issue is in the clamping area. I'll have to tear into it tonight when I get back. Out with the family.

Sounds like a potential problem. Any way to make the clamp longer or wider to distribute the weight better on the glass?

Not really.......might just need to be played with and tightened up.....it was 2am and I celebrated the 4th a little early :^ )

• Like 3

The Nanobox lights put out good light but the lack of finish leaves a lot to be desired. Wires running all over the place, bad paint lines, poor fitting mounts etc. For LEDs you can't beat a Radion in power or cleanliness right now.

Yup. Same. Both of mine have a slight sag. Also one is about 1/8 inch taller than the other one. Quality control on the RMS mounts went out the window. I've got a email in to the salesman I deal with there.

You aren't supposed to use the insert on a rimless tank. I use it though because I feel it made it sag less.

• Like 1