Coral Vue Hydros

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

2 hours ago, RollaJase said:

Not up to much to be honest mate. Had some time off over Christmas and now back at work. Everything was crazy busy in the lead up to the holidays. Glad you had a good Christmas/New Year's, the flu is a killer though! I've been going well though, finalised the house stuff towards the end of last year, still waiting on the land to settle though so no construction has started yet. So, kinda still stuck at home hating it because the house isn't being built but liking it because everything is so cheap haha. Have not bumped into Patty yet, might bump into him at the pub on the weekend or something ;).

How's everything with you?

Oh, that's right!  I forgot you picked up that property.  When can you start building?  Do you have to contend with a wet season or anything like that?  Post some pics of the property and house when construction starts, I'd love to see it. 

Overall, we're doing well.  Same hectic schedule for the past few months.....seems to be leveling out a bit.  Hoping to pull off a couple of room additions in the upcoming year or two....also cheap :rolleyes:

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Oh, that's right!  I forgot you picked up that property.  When can you start building?  Do you have to contend with a wet season or anything like that?  Post some pics of the property and house when construction starts, I'd love to see it. 

Overall, we're doing well.  Same hectic schedule for the past few months.....seems to be leveling out a bit.  Hoping to pull off a couple of room additions in the upcoming year or two....also cheap :rolleyes:

I'll definitely make sure to post up some pictures one things get off the ground. Luckily where I am the weather is pretty good all year round for building. We do have a fair bit of rain around June/July being winter so you definitely want to make sure you get your concrete down before then for example. I'm hoping to take ownership of the land in March 2018 (was supposed to be October 2017) and then there is roughly a 12 week wait for council approval before the builder can actually start with anything.

Glad to hear all is well over there. I'm hoping things start to quiet down over here also, its still pretty ridiculous trying to juggle work and life and it isn't even the Christmas rush any more! Adding on a few rooms is always interesting, stressful but a fun project :). Haha, definitely not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, found my second goby in the sump a few days ago.  Really a stupid fish.  Aren't they supposed to be tunnel makers and sand dwelling fish?

One sleeps on the scraper and the other right in the open on top of the sandbed.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Oh, found my second goby in the sump a few days ago.  Really a stupid fish.  Aren't they supposed to be tunnel makers and sand dwelling fish?

One sleeps on the scraper and the other right in the open on top of the sandbed.  

Lol, silly gobies.

Better than the floor :o I saw a dark spot behind my tank and was oh is that jerky...........sure was :rolleyes:

Years ago lost a goby in my sons tank and upon tear down was draining the sump outside and whoa little goby in the bottom still kickin.........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Woah... he has a tank ?

Not really those are just pics from the local store.............

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Nice! I've always like the look of that white leather and it really does look like it's doing great now.

Thanks teeny!

Once it gets bigger, you're welcome to a chunk of you want.

41 minutes ago, spectra said:

Not really those are just pics from the local store.............

Shhhhhh......azzhole. 

• Like 3

Thanks teeny!

Once it gets bigger, you're welcome to a chunk of you want.

Shhhhhh......azzhole. 

Thanks! Maybe when I get a "big" tank. I don't even have room for the blue leather I have now :lol:

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks! Maybe when I get a "big" tank. I don't even have room for the blue leather I have now :lol:

So far it's been a pretty slow grower.  Itd probably explode with growth in yours though.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...