Top Shelf Aquatics

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

3 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Oh....the fun we could have.

Only one thing concerns me... didn't you kill RTF? 

He taught him to crochet his own grave blanket.  

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, patback said:

He taught him to crochet his own grave blanket.  

Crochet blankets.....I think I hate those things..........are they the ones with holes everywhere....the ones your toes pop through.....and they don't keep you warm? Like grandma would make....usually shitty colors? 

• Haha 4
12 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Oh....the fun we could have.

Only one thing concerns me... didn't you kill RTF? 

Nah he is still kicking he is just to good for the fish forum anymore...........

8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Nah he is still kicking he is just to good for the fish forum anymore...........

Sure.....stick with that.

I'll send Sancho up there first and see how he does.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Used to he never shut up and then he was gone! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

Crochet blankets.....I think I hate those things..........are they the ones with holes everywhere....the ones your toes pop through.....and they don't keep you warm? Like grandma would make....usually shitty colors? 

Those are afghans. Crocheted blankets are usually much smaller holes. Still ugly colors and kind of rough though. It seems like everyone that makes a blanket makes them all 2 feet too short and a foot to narrow to be useful though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, patback said:

Those are afghans. Crocheted blankets are usually much smaller holes. Still ugly colors and kind of rough though. It seems like everyone that makes a blanket makes them all 2 feet too short and a foot to narrow to be useful though. 

Ah....yes.  Never a useful size....either type.

....basically a body doily. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a current FTS. 

The three frag rocks in the front left will be removed and the zoas placed on the rockwork...just giving some acclamation time.....and deciding where I want to place them.  Limited rock-space available with this scape. 

Oh, Ladypop is in the back being eaten by Jack Squat and the Star.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Oh no :tears:

Yep.  Knew it was coming.  Felt so bad seeing her buzzing all around the tank....looking so excited at feeding time...like a puppy.  But couldn't eat.  I think her jaw was broken by the Cardinal....only thing I can think of as to why she wouldn't eat. She was a bag of bones....glad she's not suffering any longer. 

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Yep.  Knew it was coming.  Felt so bad seeing her buzzing all around the tank....looking so excited at feeding time...like a puppy.  But couldn't eat.  I think her jaw was broken by the Cardinal....only thing I can think of as to why she wouldn't eat. She was a bag of bones....glad she's not suffering any longer. 

So sad. :(

my dads dog died the same way—- her jaw was stuck shut and she couldn’t eat.  

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

So sad. :(

my dads dog died the same way—- her jaw was stuck shut and she couldn’t eat.  

No shit? I've never heard of that.....that would be heartbreaking. 

2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

No shit? I've never heard of that.....that would be heartbreaking. 

Yeah it was a rare arthritis thing that locks the jaw and it can’t be opened. It was so sad. 

56 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sorry to hear...........

At least the fire didn't get her............

How is it going down there?

Smokey as all hell.....looks like it's snowing.....just ash.  No wind right now, so smoke is thick...cant see the hills anymore.  No direct fire danger though.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Smokey as all hell.....looks like it's snowing.....just ash.  No wind right now, so smoke is thick...cant see the hills anymore.  No direct fire danger though.

Yep the smoke and ash sucks but it could be worse ;) 

I didn't like smelling like a campfire for a few weeks either but nothing was burnt...............

• Like 1
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry about Ladypop, she will be missed :tears:

I'm glad you're not dead or burned up or both, though. 

Thanks buddy....glad I'm not dead too!

Just checked DD for the hell of it... guess what I found?  It'll be here Friday.

• Like 4
On 12/13/2017 at 10:42 PM, jack1978 said:

Thanks buddy....glad I'm not dead too!

Just checked DD for the hell of it... guess what I found?  It'll be here Friday.

• Like 3