Jump to content
jack1978

jacks cube -an unfinished story

Recommended Posts

Well picked up the wheels from the powder coater today.........had them blasted but no powder as I cant find bearings for the rear and they are good still..........so decided on clear........after doing two bikes with black wheels I had to go another direction..........

 

Was planning on going to work on the frame tomorrow but those dang Japs on ebay sent me the wrong shit...............

 

 

IMG_4224.JPG

IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4166.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Well picked up the wheels from the powder coater today.........had them blasted but no powder as I cant find bearings for the rear and they are good still..........so decided on clear........after doing two bikes with black wheels I had to go another direction..........

 

Was planning on going to work on the frame tomorrow but those dang Japs on ebay sent me the wrong shit...............

 

 

IMG_4224.JPG

IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4166.jpg

I like the clear...... maybe do the frame and tank in a pewter or nickel?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

I like the clear...... maybe do the frame and tank in a pewter or nickel?

 

Probably black as the wing arm is already in black now.......hell I wasn't simple :lol: looking at only a few colors........black, natural and polished aluminum and chrome.......hell cant go to wild on it..........

 

Pewter would be different and kind of like it but I want something I can fix really easy.......that is half the reason I have went black on everything until now. Hell I can mess things up and have and a quick spray and it looks good again ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, spectra said:

 

Probably black as the wing arm is already in black now.......hell I wasn't simple :lol: looking at only a few colors........black, natural and polished aluminum and chrome.......hell cant go to wild on it..........

 

Pewter would be different and kind of like it but I want something I can fix really easy.......that is half the reason I have went black on everything until now. Hell I can mess things up and have and a quick spray and it looks good again ;) 

 

Compromise... charcoal grey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2017 at 3:03 PM, jack1978 said:

I was hoping so....but still not mobile....its like she's paralyzed at her tail end.  Haven't sen her eat.....guessing she'll slowly starve to death.

 

 

Oh no jack 😰

On 10/18/2017 at 9:05 PM, jack1978 said:

 

This looks beautiful 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Compromise... charcoal grey.

 

I am actually thinking of painting the tank and fender a gray color. I have always liked a dark silver gray metallic.......will see what happens. So many ways for this to go right now as its in the early stages of life......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Picked up a new softie yesterday.  Bright green flesh with purple fuzzy polyps.....probably white polyps that look purple under the lights.  We'll see how it does. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ReefWeeds said:

Oh no jack 😰

This looks beautiful 

Yeah....its sad to see her like this.  Not sure what she's been eating.....maybe pods and left over mysis? I haven't seen her take anything out of the water column.  She seems to scooter around in the early morning while it's dark.....maybe she feels more secure as her movement is totally off?  She's like a drunk bumping in to everything.  During the day she hitches onto the bottom and just sits there. :(

 

The Ethereal is doing ok.  I figured out the most basic of settings .... so, Im leaving it alone for now.  Looks good.

 

What's new over there?  

29 minutes ago, spectra said:

 

I am actually thinking of painting the tank and fender a gray color. I have always liked a dark silver gray metallic.......will see what happens. So many ways for this to go right now as its in the early stages of life......

This is the Kimber, right?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Yeah....its sad to see her like this.  Not sure what she's been eating.....maybe pods and left over mysis? I haven't seen her take anything out of the water column.  She seems to scooter around in the early morning while it's dark.....maybe she feels more secure as her movement is totally off?  She's like a drunk bumping in to everything.  During the day she hitches onto the bottom and just sits there. :(

 

The Ethereal is doing ok.  I figured out the most basic of settings .... so, Im leaving it alone for now.  Looks good.

 

What's new over there?  

This is the Kimber, right?

Awww I bet. I can’t believe she is still hanging on. My Bangaii male bullied the female to death and did the same to three chromis. I hate that fish.

 

things are good! We need to catch up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Yeah....its sad to see her like this.  Not sure what she's been eating.....maybe pods and left over mysis? I haven't seen her take anything out of the water column.  She seems to scooter around in the early morning while it's dark.....maybe she feels more secure as her movement is totally off?  She's like a drunk bumping in to everything.  During the day she hitches onto the bottom and just sits there. :(

 

The Ethereal is doing ok.  I figured out the most basic of settings .... so, Im leaving it alone for now.  Looks good.

 

What's new over there?  

This is the Kimber, right?

 

Yes the Kimber bike :lol: 

 

Hell Stells just popped in and will be MIA for another month.........she has me on ignore now on her phone I think :unsure: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, spectra said:

 

Yes the Kimber bike :lol: 

 

Hell Stells just popped in and will be MIA for another month.........she has me on ignore now on her phone I think :unsure: 

Nooooo!!! I texted you last you never answered!! I miss ya! 

Share this post


Link to post

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Parking lot trunk tamales for the win. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ReefWeeds said:

Nooooo!!! I texted you last you never answered!! I miss ya! 

Better check the bat phone I texted you a picture on Monday............that's 6 days ago.........:P 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Well Kimber got violated today :lol: took her to work and cut off a few not so needed pieces............... heading back in the morning to figure out the rear shock as I am putting a R1 mono on it that I picked up.......beat the hell out of a tank I had today and think it may work........the backbone on the frame sucks ass for trying to get a decent looking tank to mount up........picked up the wheels today and new shoes are mounted but in the back seat of the truck as its like a cow pissing on a flat rock outside here :lol: 

 

 

IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_4227.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Well beer run....................so just for you Jack.................

 

 

IMG_4230.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well beer run....................so just for you Jack.................

 

 

IMG_4230.jpg

Not really a fan of the mag wheels in general.....but this is pretty cool....I like the raw metal look.

2 hours ago, spectra said:

Well Kimber got violated today :lol: took her to work and cut off a few not so needed pieces............... heading back in the morning to figure out the rear shock as I am putting a R1 mono on it that I picked up.......beat the hell out of a tank I had today and think it may work........the backbone on the frame sucks ass for trying to get a decent looking tank to mount up........picked up the wheels today and new shoes are mounted but in the back seat of the truck as its like a cow pissing on a flat rock outside here :lol: 

 

 

IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_4227.JPG

How are you mounting the monoshock?  Take pics of that along the way, please!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

Not really a fan of the mag wheels in general.....but this is pretty cool....I like the raw metal look.

Me either but trying to find wire wheels for one of these things id like finding a ####ing unicorn :lol: 

 

That's why I said next bike will be a 650 and one that has wire wheels..................I am so tired o the mag wheel...........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Not really a fan of the mag wheels in general.....but this is pretty cool....I like the raw metal look.

How are you mounting the monoshock?  Take pics of that along the way, please!

 

Mono mounts to the back bone and then to the swing arm.....I am heading into work tomorrow to mock it up on the table will tack it all together and snap a pic and you will go oh that's simple.........you cant see but the frame has a mount at the end of the back bone where it flares out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

 

Mono mounts to the back bone and then to the swing arm.....I am heading into work tomorrow to mock it up on the table will tack it all together and snap a pic and you will go oh that's simple.........you cant see but the frame has a mount at the end of the back bone where it flares out.

Nice, I'd like to see it.

It'll provide the right geometry? 

Share this post


Link to post

Remember I said I found a web site and the next build would be well way to expensive :lol: you said not a fan of mag wheels................well this is one wheel :o

 

https://cognitomoto.com/collections/hubs-wheelgoods/products/100-bolt-on-laced-wheel-for-cbr600rr-2003-2006-fork-complete?variant=728767113

2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Nice, I'd like to see it.

It'll provide the right geometry? 

 

Here is a pic of what is factory on the bike. Not mine but the same bike.

 

IMG_20161115_200059.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, spectra said:

Remember I said I found a web site and the next build would be well way to expensive :lol: you said not a fan of mag wheels................well this is one wheel :o

 

https://cognitomoto.com/collections/hubs-wheelgoods/products/100-bolt-on-laced-wheel-for-cbr600rr-2003-2006-fork-complete?variant=728767113

 

Here is a pic of what is factory on the bike. Not mine but the same bike.

 

IMG_20161115_200059.jpg

I like it.....what year and model? 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jack1978 said:

I like it.....what year and model? 

That's the same bike I have but think its an 82 mines a 83. Both the Maxim and Seca had the same frame and mono set up for a few years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, spectra said:

That's the same bike I have but think its an 82 mines a 83. Both the Maxim and Seca had the same frame and mono set up for a few years.

.......only a 400 though, correct?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recommended Discussions

  • Sign Up or Sign In to hide this.

×