ReefCleaners.org

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Hopeful she makes a comeback!

Nope I need to figure out something with the rear of the bike that factory seat is huge.........I just wanted to get it back together and get it on the road before winter hits.

11 hours ago, spectra said:

IMG_4134.JPG

Nick has suddenly decided he wants a motorcycle... this one's cute!! :happy:

6 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Ladypop is still not mobile, her tail doesnt seem to work.  Im guessing shes slowly starving to death.  

:(

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Nick has suddenly decided he wants a motorcycle... this one's cute!! :happy:

That one is an 1100 the blue one you liked was a 400 so twice plus a little more of a motor.........I like the older bikes as they are cheap and I can tinker on them......if I just wanted to ride well a newer one would probably be better.

4 hours ago, spectra said:

That one is an 1100 the blue one you liked was a 400 so twice plus a little more of a motor.........I like the older bikes as they are cheap and I can tinker on them......if I just wanted to ride well a newer one would probably be better.

Pussy.  

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, RollaJase said:

God dammit! Takes a long time to catch up on close to 40 pages of unread thread. Hows everything going for you mate? Tank is looking good.

Holy shit! Look who it Is!

How's things going, buddy?

I thought you was eaten by a dingo! 

All's well over here.  Getting ready to start building a nuclear fallout bunker under the house.  Tank is chugging along with a bunch of easy stuff....makes it more enjoyable with all the busy stuff (life) that gets in the way of a reef.  Kids are growing like weeds, Mrs Jack hasn't killed me yet.....so, life is good.

Glad you stopped in to say hello......and sorry to hear you read all those pages! :lol:

How'd everything on your end?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Holy shit! Look who it Is!

How's things going, buddy?

I thought you was eaten by a dingo! 

All's well over here.  Getting ready to start building a nuclear fallout bunker under the house.  Tank is chugging along with a bunch of easy stuff....makes it more enjoyable with all the busy stuff (life) that gets in the way of a reef.  Kids are growing like weeds, Mrs Jack hasn't killed me yet.....so, life is good.

Glad you stopped in to say hello......and sorry to hear you read all those pages! :lol:

How'd everything on your end?

Glad to hear everything is going well on your end mate! I hope you weren't caught up with Irma. Haha, no, no Dingos but life has been a bitch lately. Tank has been giving me issues with some STN over the past month but besides that everything has been running smoothly, the cyano i've been struggling with has disappeared. I'm awaiting the results of a Triton test to see what's causing the STN as all other parameters are in check.

Besides that, I bought a block of land in April that I'm still waiting to settle on, the build is ready to go, just waiting on the land. Dealing with land agents sucks, so does dealing with builders I guess haha.

I've been struggling to catch up with a long list of threads but I have to say, besides lawns lounge this thread had the most pages I had to sift through!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, RollaJase said:

Glad to hear everything is going well on your end mate! I hope you weren't caught up with Irma. Haha, no, no Dingos but life has been a bitch lately. Tank has been giving me issues with some STN over the past month but besides that everything has been running smoothly, the cyano i've been struggling with has disappeared. I'm awaiting the results of a Triton test to see what's causing the STN as all other parameters are in check.

Besides that, I bought a block of land in April that I'm still waiting to settle on, the build is ready to go, just waiting on the land. Dealing with land agents sucks, so does dealing with builders I guess haha.

I've been struggling to catch up with a long list of threads but I have to say, besides lawns lounge this thread had the most pages I had to sift through!

Dude, congrats on the land!  You gonna post some pics? 

How soon does construction start? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

Dude, congrats on the land!  You gonna post some pics? 

How soon does construction start? 

Thanks mate :). I will definitely be posting up some pics once it settles. I can't get access to the land until settlement. Settlement was supposed to be this month but I have been told it has been pushed back until December, maybe even the start of 2018. Once it settles though there will be 3-4 months of wasted time waiting for council approval to build.

• Sad 1
22 minutes ago, RollaJase said:

Thanks mate :). I will definitely be posting up some pics once it settles. I can't get access to the land until settlement. Settlement was supposed to be this month but I have been told it has been pushed back until December, maybe even the start of 2018. Once it settles though there will be 3-4 months of wasted time waiting for council approval to build.

Hmmmm........still quicker than California! :)

Looking forward to some pics and the progress!

How much land did you get?

Can I start a Roo farm there?

13 minutes ago, spectra said:

Bomb shelter :lol: that will never get finished so why even start  :P 

:lol:

Probably just turn it into a booze cellar....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

:lol:

Probably just turn it into a booze cellar....

First off the Roos would kick your ass :lol: 

Second who has time to store there booze............... I drink it so why store the stuff :unsure: like I want to stumble down stairs to get something to drink :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, spectra said:

First off the Roos would kick your ass :lol: 

Second who has time to store there booze............... I drink it so why store the stuff :unsure: like I want to stumble down stairs to get something to drink :lol:

All completely valid points.......but I still feel the need for both.....especially the Roo farm. 

I've been patiently waiting for Jase to smuggle me (I mean, transport) a little Joey ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

All completely valid points.......but I still feel the need for both.....especially the Roo farm. 

I've been patiently waiting for Jase to smuggle me (I mean, transport) a little Joey ........

A little joey would prolly kick your ass too

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

WTF are you going to do wit ha roo..............hell you have issues now.

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

The waiting is the worst part, believe me. The block is 580 square meters (~6250 square feet). Plenty of room for a nice house with a decent back yard. Could potentially have a roo farm there but i'd prefer to let them rome free in the vineyard at my parents place haha.

• Wow 1
9 minutes ago, RollaJase said:

The waiting is the worst part, believe me. The block is 580 square meters (~6250 square feet). Plenty of room for a nice house with a decent back yard. Could potentially have a roo farm there but i'd prefer to let them rome free in the vineyard at my parents place haha.

6200 SQFT...........that's small for me........Hell I am on 11K and I feel confined..........is 6200 the norm around your area ? I know some areas around me have really small lots.

Acreage is where its at but at the age I am at I don't want to deal with the upkeep..........hell its almost condo time for me :lol: better yet a 3000 SQFT garage with  a bed.......

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

6200 SQFT...........that's small for me........Hell I am on 11K and I feel confined..........is 6200 the norm around your area ? I know some areas around me have really small lots.

Acreage is where its at but at the age I am at I don't want to deal with the upkeep..........hell its almost condo time for me :lol: better yet a 3000 SQFT garage with  a bed.......

Land size varies wildly depending on area around me, so does price. I was hunting for 600sqm in a housing estate so I could make the most of mains gas, mains sewage and fibre to the premises internet. Cost and location played a big factor for me though. I'm still only a 35min drive from work where I purchased and at $185k for land it was the upper limit I could afford. There is also a 'Super School' being built not a 5 min drive from where I have purchased which will commence construction next year and should be operational by 2020. I'm intending on this being an investment property with me being in and out within 5-7 years so it's all about making the debt manageable for me.

I'm used to acreage also, I've spent most of my life on the 40 acre block my parents call home. Far too much land for me to want to manage but I'd like to eventually get a 1-2 acre block and build a nice family home on it. When I'm looking to purchase though these sort of blocks in the areas i'm interested in will easily cost northward of half a mil.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RollaJase said:

Land size varies wildly depending on area around me, so does price. I was hunting for 600sqm in a housing estate so I could make the most of mains gas, mains sewage and fibre to the premises internet. Cost and location played a big factor for me though. I'm still only a 35min drive from work where I purchased and at $185k for land it was the upper limit I could afford. There is also a 'Super School' being built not a 5 min drive from where I have purchased which will commence construction next year and should be operational by 2020. I'm intending on this being an investment property with me being in and out within 5-7 years so it's all about making the debt manageable for me.

I'm used to acreage also, I've spent most of my life on the 40 acre block my parents call home. Far too much land for me to want to manage but I'd like to eventually get a 1-2 acre block and build a nice family home on it. When I'm looking to purchase though these sort of blocks in the areas i'm interested in will easily cost northward of half a mil.

Yeah now and days it sucks for land prices........

Oh how I wish I bought a few things 25 years ago........but isn't that how it usually works.......

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yeah now and days it sucks for land prices........

Oh how I wish I bought a few things 25 years ago........but isn't that how it usually works.......

Yeah definitely. When my parents purchased 22 years ago they payed less for 40 acres then I am paying for roughly half an acre...

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

So what’s the story with your lighting situation?  Do you like the new one better than the Radion? 

Well.....yes and no.

I like the fact that I can adjust it with my phone.  The app sucks giant assholes.....but, I'm figuring it out enough to keep it. Probably wouldn't buy it again or recommend it until they make the app easier and fluid.

The Radion I ran at 25 - 35% ..... this thing I'm running at 85%.......

Color-wise, I love it.

Super slim.

Mounting arm has a better design than the Radion, IMO.  

All that said.........50/50 on am I happy with it or should have I gone another route or should I have just kept the Radion as it works really well....

• Like 1

What light did you end up getting Jack? A Nano-Box? Mine is running at about 90% peak and that's a custom build with 6 arrays. That's the benefit of the Ecotech or AI lights I guess, the optics focus the light increasing power.

Just now, RollaJase said:

What light did you end up getting Jack? A Nano-Box? Mine is running at about 90% peak and that's a custom build with 6 arrays. That's the benefit of the Ecotech or AI lights I guess, the optics focus the light increasing power.

No....went with the Maxspect Ethereal.  I'd still like a Hybrid....T5/LED.  I know I'll slack on bulb changes......

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

No....went with the Maxspect Ethereal.  I'd still like a Hybrid....T5/LED.  I know I'll slack on bulb changes......

Ah fair enough. The Ethereal is an interesting light, always looked like a strong contender. When I upgrade to a 4 or 6 footer I'll be DIYing a T5/LED hybrid. 4 bulbs and 6 LED arrays should give me the punch I need haha.

• Like 2