SaltCritters.com

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

23 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

Is that a sweet Tomos! 

Moped my ass :lol: that thing will take your arms off......................

now the Kimber mobile in the background :lol:

14 minutes ago, spectra said:

Moped my ass :lol: that thing will take your arms off......................

now the Kimber mobile in the background :lol:

What are you doing with the kimber?

Ok we need to change the thread title to Unfinished and Spectras bike builds.............

Spent the day drinking beer and watching football :lol: oh but did get a few things done.............

Made a template for drilling the rotors.........wheels get new shoes on Tuesday..........

FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg

FullSizeRender (1) - Copy.jpg

FullSizeRender1111.jpg

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ok we need to change the thread title to Unfinished and Spectras bike builds.............

Spent the day drinking beer and watching football :lol: oh but did get a few things done.............

Made a template for drilling the rotors.........wheels get new shoes on Tuesday..........

FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg

FullSizeRender (1) - Copy.jpg

FullSizeRender1111.jpg

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

I think you need to ditch those wheels......is it too late?  Love your template :lol:

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I think you need to ditch those wheels......is it too late?  Love your template :lol:

Why ditch the wheels?

Hell the template just worked great...........

Factory wheels need to stick with them.........going to spokes well wont happen the shaft drive limits whats out there......

48 minutes ago, spectra said:

Why ditch the wheels?

Hell the template just worked great...........

Factory wheels need to stick with them.........going to spokes well wont happen the shaft drive limits whats out there......

Cause they're ugly :lol:

I forgot about the shaftdrive...... never mind. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Cause they're ugly :lol:

I forgot about the shaftdrive...... never mind. 

Same wheels on Mrs Crossfits bike..................I actually like them. Reminds me of the mag wheels on my Mongoose I had when I was 8 :lol:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Same wheels on Mrs Crossfits bike..................I actually like them. Reminds me of the mag wheels on my Mongoose I had when I was 8 :lol:

I'm just fun'n with ya.....looking forward to seeing what you do with this thing.

3 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I'm just fun'n with ya.....looking forward to seeing what you do with this thing.

Will look like the Mrs bike but the tank will probably not be black.............I hate that thing............just looking at it swirls appear in the paint............

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Will look like the Mrs bike but the tank will probably not be black.............I hate that thing............just looking at it swirls appear in the paint............

Dark blue?

Copper? 

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Not sure and its going to be light.................silver maybe ? I like this look

YS2B2346 copy.jpg

That would work.  I've been looking.....but everything in my area is generally 3 - 4 plus ...... Pretty sure it'll be a yamaha or maybe an old bmw......

7 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

That would work.  I've been looking.....but everything in my area is generally 3 - 4 plus ...... Pretty sure it'll be a yamaha or maybe an old bmw......

Things are not cheap here but I have been lucky I guess.

Its what you put into it after the fact........I paid 400 for the 1100 and well now have close to 1K in it..........Hell rebuild kits for the carbs and brakes were 200, just bought new floats and a set of jets for the carbs 100, coils and wires 200, exhaust 400........hell it all adds up.......oh new bars and grips showing up also.....its never ending like a fish tank.......

• Like 1
On 8/16/2017 at 11:06 PM, jack1978 said:

I think this is a three week growth comparison.....nope. 4 week.

So.....just shy of 2 months....call it 7 weeks?  More than a nub now.

• Like 3

This tank setup can kiss my ass.

####ing fish jumped in the overflow box 2 weeks ago.  Just ripped everything apart to get him out.....think I ####ed him up in the process.  He's now hiding in the rockwork.  Fingers crossed he lives and that I didn't crack the ####ing plumbing.  

Why do we do this shit?

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

This tank setup can kiss my ass.

####ing fish jumped in the overflow box 2 weeks ago.  Just ripped everything apart to get him out.....think I ####ed him up in the process.  He's now hiding in the rockwork.  Fingers crossed he lives and that I didn't crack the ####ing plumbing.  

Why do we do this shit?

That's a lot of work to get a fish out :o

fingerscrossed

1 minute ago, gena said:

That's a lot of work to get a fish out :o

fingerscrossed

Right?!?!?!

Thank God Mrs Jack is out late tonight....the house is trashed.

Gonna pick up the girls and go find a tank to use as the sump....I've always hated this sump.

Oh, you know what else sucks...... the damn MPs fall off the damn tank when power is cut to them.  Now I get to try and remove them from behind the tank :rant:

Not to get excited prematurely .... but the hogfish has exited the rockwork and is swimming around.....not so gracefully....but.......fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

I bought some cross stitch screen at walmart and made a cover for my overflow. Water can get through if need be, but it keeps fish and snails out of the plumbing. It was only a couple of dollars and then I spray painted black. The only thing holding it in place is a couple of dabs of silicone. 

20170911_170512.thumb.jpg.261c32a367a03395f2d9e139e74fba48.jpg

• Like 3
Just now, jbb_00 said:

I bought some cross stitch screen at walmart and made a cover for my overflow. Water can get through if need be, but it keeps fish and snails out of the plumbing. It was only a couple of dollars and then I spray painted black. The only thing holding it in place is a couple of dabs of silicone. 

20170911_170512.thumb.jpg.261c32a367a03395f2d9e139e74fba48.jpg

Looks good!

I have some of that stuff left over from the top kit....gonna do the same!

• Like 1
On 9/10/2017 at 0:16 AM, jack1978 said:

What are you doing with the kimber?

On 9/10/2017 at 0:29 AM, spectra said:

Just wait ;)

Obviously it should go to me!! 

(wtf is a kimber?)

• Haha 2