ReefCleaners.org

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

7 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Blah, blah, blah........hows your bike coming along?

Post some pics already, slacker!

Need time to work on it........had to clean the garage to get the boat out........waiting for a delivery from the big brown van also......

• Like 2
2 hours ago, spectra said:

Need time to work on it........had to clean the garage to get the boat out........waiting for a delivery from the big brown van also......

What's in the van?

Thought you'd like to know that I sent Erin up to grab a calendar from the dollar store and the only one there for 2017 was a frozen one. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, patback said:

Thought you'd like to know that I sent Erin up to grab a calendar from the dollar store and the only one there for 2017 was a frozen one. 

She brought it home though....right? 

• Like 2
Just now, jack1978 said:

She brought it home though....right? 

Sitting on the ottoman waiting to be filled out as I type this out.  I'll send you pics as the months pass.  You can do as you please with them. ;)

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, patback said:

Sitting on the ottoman waiting to be filled out as I type this out.  I'll send you pics as the months pass.  You can do as you please with them. ;)

You're always there for me my friend!

Becareful......all that Elsa may find you in an awkward place.

• Like 1

My "nothing special shroom". 

My kinda cool pimply shroom....shimmery green / orange glow until you get close up....green with orange pimples.

Ooops, wrong pic!

And the gorg looks to be growing a new direction....branching up at the center.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, jack1978 said:

What's in the van?

Stuff for the kids ;) 

Actually all sorts of stuff........but need some boots for the forks so I can put the front end together.....basically replacing a bunch of stuff and well if its from the original am cleaning the crap out of it......getting tired of cleaning bolts.....also need to get new shocks or clean the crap out of the old ones as the springs have some rust. Will see if they clean up as I don't want to drop another 350 on this thing as I still need a battery and to make brake lines.

Got to work on it a little tonight. Dropped the motor in so I can pull the side covers and paint them black like the valve cover is. Also change out all the bolts to nice shiny stainless ones.........

IMG_3892.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Stuff for the kids ;) 

Actually all sorts of stuff........but need some boots for the forks so I can put the front end together.....basically replacing a bunch of stuff and well if its from the original am cleaning the crap out of it......getting tired of cleaning bolts.....also need to get new shocks or clean the crap out of the old ones as the springs have some rust. Will see if they clean up as I don't want to drop another 350 on this thing as I still need a battery and to make brake lines.

Got to work on it a little tonight. Dropped the motor in so I can pull the side covers and paint them black like the valve cover is. Also change out all the bolts to nice shiny stainless ones.........

IMG_3892.jpg

Looking good man!

I rebuilt a set of shocks for a 69 Honda.  Had to use JB Weld for all the pitting, sand it smooth so it would seal.....took some time, but worked.  I'd buy new the next time....Im lazier now in my old age.

I've been searching Craigslist for the past 3 or 4 nights because of you.....asshole. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Looking good man!

I rebuilt a set of shocks for a 69 Honda.  Had to use JB Weld for all the pitting, sand it smooth so it would seal.....took some time, but worked.  I'd buy new the next time....Im lazier now in my old age.

I've been searching Craigslist for the past 3 or 4 nights because of you.....asshole. 

Yeah the issue is rusted chrome sucks.......I would just paint the coils but I am sure it would crack as the springs compress......

Just what you need another project :lol: and I actually keep looking at Craigslist.......I am sure I will want to do another one once this is done. This thing is just an oversized scooter....

• Like 1

Nice little shroom.........my sunset bounce finally split this week........now I have two the size of a quarter. I may just sell it and buy new shocks :lol:

IMG_3888.jpg

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, spectra said:

Nice little shroom.........my sunset bounce finally split this week........now I have two the size of a quarter. I may just sell it and buy new shocks :lol:

IMG_3888.jpg

Cool!!!  I want a bounce sooo bad but I don't have the balls to make the jump. I freaked out after buying my clam for 99 bucks......constantly worrying it would die......... I think a shroom might put me over the edge. lol

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Cool!!!  I want a bounce sooo bad but I don't have the balls to make the jump. I freaked out after buying my clam for 99 bucks......constantly worrying it would die......... I think a shroom might put me over the edge. lol

Well I have a few bounce shrooms and a few jawbreakers......oh and my clam was 250 :lol: but when I have a bunch of credit it doesn't hurt to walk out spending 400 or more.......trading corals for stands is the way to go ;) that reminds me he wants 4 more.........:(

• Like 1
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Ok better pics :lol: Jack get with it you need better stuff :P Look at all that glowing goodness :lol: 

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3897.jpg

I may have to pay for your shocks.....

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I may have to pay for your shocks.....

:lol: 

My tank is not priority but there are still nice things in there..................

Hell it is on auto pilot.....I just feed and look.......

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Wow that's crazy! 

What.....that it's still alive?

This is the one you sent me way back when. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

What.....that it's still alive?

This is the one you sent me way back when. 

I recognize it! It's origin is frkm Zia's tank! I killed mine in the last transfter and no jack! The that's crazy is for the growth ?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I recognize it! It's origin is frkm Zia's tank! I killed mine in the last transfter and no jack! The that's crazy is for the growth ?

This thing has been pretty tough.  Damn turbo kept knocking it off of the rocks and I'd find it buried in the sand or under the shadows every other week.  Now he's top center and locked in place....and the turbo is gone!  The turbo was the one who was parking on the return nozzle and spraying water all down the side of the tank and flooding the floor every other week at about 3am....that's when I was going crazy trying to figure out the flooding....remember that?

:D

• Like 1