Cultivated Reef

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Just threw away a 6" patch of branching gsp.....could get it off of the rock.  Looks like I'll be doing the same to the other large piece.....hopefully I can save some chuncks.....

Tip for anyone.....dont forget you have epoxy on your hands and lean on Mrs Jack's dining room table....or anyone's table.....especially when it cures in minutes and you don't realize for an hour.......:unsure:

• Like 4

Well......i mangled my big jawbreaker pretty good.  Mouth finally closed up.....we'll see.  Fingers crossed shit don't melt.  

2 hours ago, kimberbee said:

What fish is that??

Mimic Filefish - she's awesome!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

Well......i mangled my big jawbreaker pretty good.  Mouth finally closed up.....we'll see.  Fingers crossed shit don't melt.  

Apparently I just missed what kind of fish Ladypop was. She's cute!

• Like 1

What the hell are you doing ? besides killing things.................no wonder lady pop was spitting water at you............

• Like 2
17 hours ago, spectra said:

What the hell are you doing ? besides killing things.................no wonder lady pop was spitting water at you............

LOL.....as much as I liked the bare bottom pros.....I missed the sand.  I also missed the look that only actual rock can give.  I think no sand and not porous enough rock DEFINITELY contributed to a lack of biological filtration....and an increase in algae.

Sand has been in for 3 weeks or so....I think?  Took out the bonsai man made rock structure and dremeled off all the coral I could.  Some is now coral jerky.

Dropped in the new rockscape and affixed about 70% of the coral to it.  Still have a pile of crap in the tank that I need to remove coral from and glue to the new rockwork.  

I really like the new aquascape.  I'm proud of myself.  Maybe I'll finish it up next weekend......?

So far, all the jawbreakers are still alive! 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Apparently I just missed what kind of fish Ladypop was. She's cute!

Thanks!  

She always on the move hoovering all over the place.....and people watching.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jack1978 said:

I really like the new aquascape.  I'm proud of myself.  Maybe I'll finish it up next weekend......?

Sure you will :lol: I vote just leave it and start another project................

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sure you will :lol: I vote just leave it and start another project................

Way ahead of you my friend.

?

• Like 1

Things are starting to settle back in after being ripped off of the old rock and glued onto the new aquascape.  No casualties yet....minus the stuff I threw away.

Nice, white rock........wonder how long it'll take to be covered in purple? 

5-23-2017 .........

• Like 2

When I took out all of the old, fake rock and transferred in the new scape, I dremeled off a small, transparent baby shroom that was under the large jawbreaker.  Now that it has more light, its growing and gaining color.....but a jawbreaker it is not.  I think that dirty jawbreaker has been whoring around.

• Like 4

Can't believe this tank has been set up for 1 year and 11 months today.

And it's still not done.

:lol:

Congrats on the almost two year birthday! And I know how you feel. My IM40 is almost a year old and I feel like I'm still just getting it started. I haven't even gotten rid of all the frag racks yet, and I still have stuff all over the sand bed. Someday I'll take the training wheels off.

• Like 2
On 5/26/2017 at 1:33 AM, jack1978 said:

Ladypops new bed. She'll bite onto whatever coral she uses for bedtime and sways in the current until the sun is up.

She is so cool. 

2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

And it's still not done.

Didn't it take you like a year to add water though? :lol: 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

And it's still not done.

Oh we can though king of the procrastinators.............

• Like 2
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Congrats on the almost two year birthday! And I know how you feel. My IM40 is almost a year old and I feel like I'm still just getting it started. I haven't even gotten rid of all the frag racks yet, and I still have stuff all over the sand bed. Someday I'll take the training wheels off.

Thanks, teeny!

......but you make it look good.

I have one of those tanks that makes my mother in law say....oh, what's wrong with your tank? 

:rant:

35 minutes ago, stellablue said:

She is so cool. 

Didn't it take you like a year to add water though? :lol: 

LOL.....True.  That makes me feel a little better!

:wub:

33 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh we can though king of the procrastinators.............

Thank you my loyal subject.

• Like 3