SaltCritters.com

Barry's BC-29 (New Black Sun Coral)

BJV

Hi All,
I have been watching this small orange dot on one of the rock in my tank
for a couple of weeks. Well today I can confirm it's a Baby Sun orange Coral.
Check the photo below and look right in the center. The photo is not the best but I sure can tell what it is. The baby Sun Coral is only about 1/8" in diameter.
Barry

post-86341-0-52576000-1441716036_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations! I've never done blood worms before, what brand do you feed? I've done live blackworms a few times. I have a huge pack of ProSalt blood worms I feed my killies, betta and axolotls.

Congratulations! I've never done blood worms before, what brand do you feed? I've done live blackworms a few times. I have a huge pack of ProSalt blood worms I feed my killies, betta and axolotls.

I feed my sun coral a variety of foods enriched brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, Hikari Bio-Pure Frozen Blood Worms just about anything I can find. I also add American Marine Selcon to my food. My sun coral all seem to be doing well.

Barry

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love the way your tank turned out!! Awesome sun corals. Congrats on the baby sun. proud parent are you? lol

THANKS. The baby sun coral is doing great and growing. i will get a new pic. soon.

Barry

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

Here is my December update. These photo's were taken about an hour after

lights out. This is the first time I have turned my lights back on for photo's.

Everything seem to be doing well.

Barry

Orange.jpgYellow.jpgYellow%20Orange.jpgBlack.jpgFTS.jpg

• Like 12

Great looking tank! Question: have you ever had suncorals regenerate tissue either between polyps or a dead skeleton grow skin back?

I have not seem any regenerate tissue, but lots of new polyps and I have babies sun's all over my tank.

Barry

• BJV changed the title to Barry's BC-29 (New Black Sun Coral)