Top Shelf Aquatics

Lime Box IM10

Merthynia

Can't help it...Lime green is my favorite color!! Plus, Dave makes the BEST lights. I couldn't be happier with my current Tide. :happy:

Girl you will love the bluefish controller. Mine is simulating Gold Coast Seaway, Australia, I like the sound of that the best so that's where it stayed lol. And having it follow the lunar cycle is crazy awesome .

• Like 1

Girl you will love the bluefish controller. Mine is simulating Gold Coast Seaway, Australia, I like the sound of that the best so that's where it stayed lol. And having it follow the lunar cycle is crazy awesome .

I have this feeling I will be laying in bed surfing locations at 0100 because I am having too much fun and can't sleep! People might think I'm having a party in my room from outside! I've always wanted to visit Japan or Hawaii... Then I will have to figure out that awesome signature everyone seems to have for their bluefish.

• Like 3

I have this feeling I will be laying in bed surfing locations at 0100 because I am having too much fun and can't sleep! People might think I'm having a party in my room from outside! I've always wanted to visit Japan or Hawaii... Then I will have to figure out that awesome signature everyone seems to have for their bluefish.

I hope you can figure it out (it's really easy lol but I for some reason can't get it to work right ).

I do the same thing mam I'm constantly messing around with something tank related haha it keeps me awake till 3 often.

Like it thunderstormed like 5 times the day I got it hahaha.

• Like 1

I hope you can figure it out (it's really easy lol but I for some reason can't get it to work right ).

I do the same thing mam I'm constantly messing around with something tank related haha it keeps me awake till 3 often.

I have a hard time putting down my laptop/tablet/phone with NR up on it. I have to be to the hospital at 0600...Can't stay up forever, but I just enjoy looking and planning and enjoying everyone else's tanks! It'll be awesome having the control on my phone. When I head home for break I might have to find a tiny webcam so I can observe the tank while I'm away.

• Like 2

I have a hard time putting down my laptop/tablet/phone with NR up on it. I have to be to the hospital at 0600...Can't stay up forever, but I just enjoy looking and planning and enjoying everyone else's tanks! It'll be awesome having the control on my phone. When I head home for break I might have to find a tiny webcam so I can observe the tank while I'm away.

I have all the above issues myself hahaha.

• Like 2
HarryPotter

I would love a Webcam as well, but can't find one that is nice quality. Videos of our tanks are difficult enough to make by hand, let along live stream!

• Like 1

Awesome! And the lid looks really nice. Your bento box made me hungry :)

Awh thanks! I love making them. Using leftovers is by far the easiest method of getting the food. Just make a little extra the night before and pack it along!

I don't mean to sound ignorant... but what makes a bento box, a bento box? Kinda looks like lunch in a tupperware to me.. :huh:

It is just the way they are packed. It is mostly just food arranged in a pleasing way inside a container of some sort. I have legit bento boxes that I use also, but they are sometimes pricy and have to be shipped to me since I don't live near a place that sells them. This leads to many people also using just plain ole tupperware to house their bento in also. I'll see if I have other ones I can post to kinda show what I mean about placing the food inside them. If you google search bento, you are going to see tons of really intricate character bentos that are way over and beyond what I take the time to construct.

I would love a Webcam as well, but can't find one that is nice quality. Videos of our tanks are difficult enough to make by hand, let along live stream!

I think I have a few back at my parents house that I could probably snag for the purpose. I don't mind if it isn't top quality at first as long as I can inspect the tank and be sure that things aren't going poorly. I'd probably upgrade to a decent camera overtime if it is something I will use.

• Like 4

Your anemone was pretty big this morning at first light,so I moved him a little more center of the tank to allow.more light it,but I put a black screen top over half the float box it's in so he can receive a darker area if it's too much at high noon.

• Like 1

Your anemone was pretty big this morning at first light,so I moved him a little more center of the tank to allow.more light it,but I put a black screen top over half the float box it's in so he can receive a darker area if it's too much at high noon.

:wub: I love how he is my nem already! :lol: Lol. How many nems total do you have? You take excellent care of their needs!

• Like 2

I have 3 (that I know of lol)

The two in the breeder (seriously the other one in there is literally pencil eraser size) and my big rainbow in the center of my tank,she's my show piece and absolutely adore her. I got all of them from lawn,the rainbow was one of his big ones that he had a bunch of clones come from. My clowns help take care of the nem too,they are very very diligent about cleaning and preening it all day. They feed her too.

And thanks I really enjoy the anemone / clown relationship it never gets old.

• Like 2

I don't mean to sound ignorant... but what makes a bento box, a bento box? Kinda looks like lunch in a tupperware to me.. :huh:

I didn't know either :).

It is just the way they are packed. It is mostly just food arranged in a pleasing way inside a container of some sort. I have legit bento boxes that I use also, but they are sometimes pricy and have to be shipped to me since I don't live near a place that sells them. This leads to many people also using just plain ole tupperware to house their bento in also. I'll see if I have other ones I can post to kinda show what I mean about placing the food inside them. If you google search bento, you are going to see tons of really intricate character bentos that are way over and beyond what I take the time to construct.

I googled! There are some really cute ones! 3 little pigs, kitties, etc.
  • Like 4

I didn't know either :).

I googled! There are some really cute ones! 3 little pigs, kitties, etc.

It is something I really enjoy doing and it ties into my love of cooking. It is much more rewarding to go to lunch and have something to look forwards to rather than a ham sandwich stuffed into a ziplock. It helps me save money by eating food from home also. :D

• Like 2

It is something I really enjoy doing and it ties into my love of cooking. It is much more rewarding to go to lunch and have something to look forwards to rather than a ham sandwich stuffed into a ziplock. It helps me save money by eating food from home also. :D

I totally get that. It's so creative too.
  • Like 2

I totally get that. It's so creative too.

Here are three more to kinda show what I mean.

18962235224_97841ff5b1_z.jpg

19396834528_2cc62f94de_z.jpg

19577921502_2f9819c7f2_k.jpg

The green box in one of the pictures is a true "bento box" container. The others are tupperware, it depends what I'm planning on packing into them which box they fit into better, or if they will stain the box, I avoid using my real boxes. Two of these were for my little brother's summer camp.

• Like 5

Awesome! I love that! Food can be so pretty arranged perfectly like that. If I had to pack a lunch regularly like that, I would totally do it :).

• Like 2

Those are awesome :wub:

Awesome! I love that! Food can be so pretty arranged perfectly like that. If I had to pack a lunch regularly like that, I would totally do it :).

The Japanese do it better, but I love what I am able to pull off.

Who has time for that?!?!

;)

Actually, the majority of my bentos are put together in less than 10 minutes. I cook a little extra food and generally have a plan for what I'm going to take throughout the week. I know that the time thing is something that people would shy away from, but generally it takes about as long as someone just throwing together a brown bag lunch. :happy:

• Like 4

Giiirl you should see your anemone today (I'll get a decent pic when I'm home from getting coffee) it is nice and plump and open,apparently it wanted some bright nano box action this morning lol

• Like 2

Giiirl you should see your anemone today (I'll get a decent pic when I'm home from getting coffee) it is nice and plump and open,apparently it wanted some bright nano box action this morning lol

:flower: Love the pictures you sent me!!

Woke up and took a few pictures of the tank this morning before starting my day. I've almost got everything moved over so that I can deep clean the 3gal and put sand in. Little algae on the rock, but my snails have been doing a good job of keeping it in check.

19420181188_a580ebf2f4_z.jpg

19612575651_972312a4c6_z.jpg

19421615389_aeaee882ee_z.jpg

19420228540_712fba53cc_z.jpg

• Like 5

:flower: Love the pictures you sent me!!

Woke up and took a few pictures of the tank this morning before starting my day. I've almost got everything moved over so that I can deep clean the 3gal and put sand in. Little algae on the rock, but my snails have been doing a good job of keeping it in check.

19420181188_a580ebf2f4_z.jpg

19612575651_972312a4c6_z.jpg

19421615389_aeaee882ee_z.jpg

19420228540_712fba53cc_z.jpg

Looks really good! Nice pic clarity too!

Hooray snails!