ReefCleaners.org

(RESOLVED)Radion Gen 3 not connecting to Ecosmart Live

aesp533262

I connected my Radion Gen 3 to my computer and the connection manager says its connected. I start up Ecosmart live from connection manager and it says offline, please ensure connected.

The radion responds to commands from the connection manager like update firmware and reset to factory, but will not allow me to program from ecosmart live. I have reset to factory, and nothing. I have unplugged and nothing. The radion responds with buttons, but lights are a dull white (almost lime color)

Need help ASAP

12_egg_Omelette

You have an account on Eco live correct? I usually have to go to the website and login and do my changes from there.

Have you ever been able to control the radion from the web?

12_egg_Omelette

I would recommend following the steps below to resolve the issue:

1. Disconnect via USB and power down all lights for at least 30 seconds

2. Log in to EcoSmart Live using Google Chrome or Safari

3. Select the Settings then New Profile and Yes

4. Log out of EcoSmart Live

5. Start the Connection Manager and connect via USB to one Radion

6. Right click the connection manager icon select USB Radion then Factory Reset and Yes

7. Repeat step 6 for each light

8. Log in to EcoSmart Live and program your lights using the Aquarium Setup

9. Select the Program All button to save all changes

Yup. That was first step. It reset to factory. Now it's stuck in basic mode and not recognized by ecosmart. I read some old posts that similar issues occurred when maintenance was being preformed server side so maybe it's a ecosmart issue and not a device issue.

Yes of course.

Actually, I tried leaving the light unplugged last night for a hour, and it still didnt work. Left it unplugged all night. Tried it this morning and everything is working like normal.

I think it was something on the server side of things, but who knows. Its working now.

Thanks for all your guys help>!

You need connection manager of connecting to a Mac. Open that before eco smart live

12_egg_Omelette

Yeah - to be honest i didn't even check. I should have gotten up and tried connecting mine. I just set a schedule and never change it again.

What does your light pattern look like? I'll post mine up.

Yes of course.

Actually, I tried leaving the light unplugged last night for a hour, and it still didnt work. Left it unplugged all night. Tried it this morning and everything is working like normal.

I think it was something on the server side of things, but who knows. Its working now.

Thanks for all your guys help>!

Server error for sure. I was having issues connecting last night as well.

I just recently changed to REEF RADIANCE preset, but might try a schedule I saw on ILOVEREEFING.DE with modifications..

Archived