Coral Vue Hydros

Aqua scaping

pineomt

Basically it's just the way you want it set up. Just make sure there are plenty of cracks and crevices for your fish/critters to swim/hide in.

also make sure its stable.. i always shake the rock to see how much it moves... those larger snails and crabs will tip things

I like to do my aquascaping in tiers, with the rock being higher in the back and gradually sloping down to the front and the sides. That way you can place light-hungry corals on top and more the not so demanding ones to the bottom. You also might want to leave some holes and maybe a cave as a hiding spot for your cleanup crew and fish.

But there are no rules... whatever looks best for you. :)

get big pieces of LRand make them fit . it's more interesting. too many people get like a hundred potato sized "nice " pieces, and thier tanks look like a pile of potatoes

Your right, Nanite. I got nano-size pieces from premiumaquactics, about 15lbs in about a dozen pieces.

It drove me absolutely nuts to aquascape, because indeed it looked "just" like a pile of rocks. But....after 3 days of continous aquascaping, my hands turning purple from the water and a really aching wrist from turning and twisting rocks underwater, I was able to pull it off and created a very nice setup.

Well, currently mine is not scaped at all. I will be taking all the rock and sand out to get a hole drilled in my tank so I can hook up the sump. However as soon as that is done, i will be making a more permenant setup, and will be showing pics as soon as that is done.

coralreefer

in addition to caves/ledges leave enough cracks between rocks and don't pile up against glass so there's plenty of circualtion. otherwise these dead spots promote detritus build up.

Archived