inTank Media Baskets

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

q47u0Q9h.jpg

Ok if I did this right, you'll see where I'm going to have the loc line/return going behind the island

I didn't do it right! Ok, few minutes after I finish water changes I'll hop on my Mac

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

http://i.imgur.com/q47u0Q9h.jpg[\img]

Ok if I did this right, you'll see where I'm going to have the loc line/return going behind the island

I didn't do it right! Ok, few minutes after I finish water changes I'll hop on my Mac

Your ending is wrong. NOT the \, the /

Ha! I figured out how to imbed the image but the link is to the bucket of soaking rocks!!! Two secs!

Ok, waaaayyyyy easier on the mac.

First photo is of the tank along with my work area for setting up the rockscape! I put the AIO kit at the end of the cardboard so I could work from that and make sure I got the loc line and scape right.

U8mnBmK.jpg

this shows how I want to have the return flow out behind the island structure. I'm going to put an RW-4 at the opposite end to give some random good flow.

vEwdYlw.jpg

This is where I left it. The right island that is coming out of the top will be built up and out to allow for plants, but I need to mortar the pieces and put some rods in the rocks to make the bottom stable before I start that though.

rfwmfmt.jpg

Here's a better shot of the right side build up to the plant island:

E4btL4k.jpg

Here's a shot looking down towards the island. With the pukani, I was happy I could keep the island pretty narrow while still giving the column structure. I don't want to fill the entire right side with just rock, but I need a gradual incline to make it look right. I'm going to do a small island on the left side to balance it out:

QXL4EEM.jpg

Small island/bridge on left:

CEifjp7.jpg

Bottom of the island/plant structure:

Hhp4PYZ.jpg

Actually, I flopped the top rock and this was what I finally ended up with! The top will be built out above water:

mi1lvDn.jpg

QXL4EEM.jpg

Gosh I want a long tank....!!!!

Do ittttttt!!!!

I think a little wee just came out with excitement! Guna look great :)

That almost made me wee my pants! Hilarious.

I like it

Hopefully I'll remember how I did it so I can put it back together! Shoulda washed the rocks first. Oh well. I took lots of closeups which should help.

Scaping is the worst part, especially when you try to replicate the first layout after you took it apart.

I'm totally going to forget!

Nice! So jelly of the long tank look :)

I can't believe it is only 12 gallons! It is pretty narrow and shallow though but it sure gives the feel of a larger tank for sure.

FlowerMama

It does have the look of being longer than a 20g. Deceiving for sure if you didn't have a reference point. Loving it!

Sk8n Reefer

thats a 6ft. tank for sure! :lol: ya,it never goes back the way you think when the real scaping begins. I like the shape of the rock

Well, I had another thought to help increase flow in the tank. I'm going to raise the base rock on the island so sand can go underneath and flow can go from both sides. Not much, but want to have it sit about 1 inch above the sand. So I'm building a pedestal for the rock structure and then will have a similar setup.

Anyway, update:

Got the translucent film on the back of the tank today:

No7xBcy.jpg

And while I was at Home Depot, saw this mini orchid so of course I had to get it:

Qu9GKxR.jpg

HarryPotter

Well, I had another thought to help increase flow in the tank. I'm going to raise the base rock on the island so sand can go underneath and flow can go from both sides. Not much, but want to have it sit about 1 inch above the sand. So I'm building a pedestal for the rock structure and then will have a similar setup.

Anyway, update:

Got the translucent film on the back of the tank today:

No7xBcy.jpg

And while I was at Home Depot, saw this mini orchid so of course I had to get it:

Qu9GKxR.jpg

Nice background! I love the idea of raising the rocks... Leaving no space for detritus to hide omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Coming along very nicely. I dig the scape. I thought about doing a frosted vinyl but opted to leave the back glass clear instead when I did my tank, interested to see how that looks.

Archived