Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yellowtail tamarin wrasse behavior

D Z

I have had a yellowtail tamarin wrasse for the past month or so. It has been very active, eating just about everything, sleeping in the sand at night, and has just seemed healthy and happy.

For the past couple of days, I have noticed that it doesn't seem as active as before. It seems to be a lot more time just laying down on the sandbed in a little cave it found, somewhat under my rockwork. Is this something to be concerned with?

Also, I noticed that it is staying awake a lot longer into the night. It may have just gotten used to my tanks schedule, but I noticed it was trying to get under the sand in a different spot than usual the other night, also. The new spot was very shallow sand, so it was no able to get under, but it kept trying for a good 5 minutes. Then, it eventually went back to its normal spot, but only got about 2/3 of the way into the sand and gave up and spent the night with its tail sticking out of the sand. Is this something to be concerned with?

• 5 years later...