Pod Your Reef

My 100G tank

jstuver

So in August I am going to start adding fish to my system again. The size makes for some hard decisions because a lot of the fish you could normally keep in a 100G tank really won't work too well in here because of the length. So help me with some suggestions...pretty please:)

As much as I love this tank it is proving to be so hard for me to deal with. We had a couple water hiccups that managed to flood my new floors several times, I think we got those all fixed but man is it hard to work in. I am so short and it is so tall.
Right now I am extremely frustrated. I absolutely love the stand and canopy we had built so I am debating on seeing about having a shorter tank made or I may end up getting rid of the whole set up and finding something that is easier for me to work in. I'm still undecided but I don't think that this tank itself will work out in the long run as it causes me more anxiety than the relaxation that my tanks normally give to me:(

I think a nice shallow tank like a 40 breeder would work really well. It's very shallow so you'll have no problems cleaning and doing all of that stuff.

Yeah, there is a 30"x30"x18" tank on a local ad that I might go look at today. I hate to loose my stand and canopy but to have a tank built would cost me a fortune:(

After chatting with my hubby I'm going to get some epoxy make sure everything is epoxied down and hold off on changing systems for a bit. I really do love the look of this tank its just a matter of working in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the end of this is near:( I decided to go with the CADlights 42g versa and picked it up the other day. Good news is I can use my stand! So after a few slight modifications to the stand I think it will be awesome and I will be much happier with the smaller tank:)

Well the end of this is near:( I decided to go with the CADlights 42g versa and picked it up the other day. Good news is I can use my stand! So after a few slight modifications to the stand I think it will be awesome and I will be much happier with the smaller tank:)

New tanks are always fun. Be sure to put a link to your new thread here so I can find it and follow along.

New tanks are always fun. Be sure to put a link to your new thread here so I can find it and follow along.

I definitely will, I'm super excited about this one!

Archived