ReefCleaners.org

Spec iii Reef

jbb

i like this tank, especially the rocks.

all you need for algae control in tank this small is 1 mexican turbo, they are powerful little dudes

Thanks ,

I will be shopping for algae eater(s) either tomorrow or Saturday . It's bothering my OCD

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sexy! You deserve them :)

Thanks

Friend of mine also got me a set of RF modules for my mp10's (obviously not for this tank)

Pretty nice gift imo.

I have been reading some of Brandons posts about dosing pico aquariums, so I decided to try his method and see what happens being that I have added a few SPS pieces now.

Setup:

jebao DP4 (has been spot on in the test runs so far)

C-Balance A/B

Dosing will be 1ml each every 4 days for now, with large water change every sunday. Feedings will be adjusted based on what I see going on in the tank, but will remain the same for now

Dosing:

1ml C-Balance part A @ 8am

1ml C-Balance part B @ 8:20am

Feeding :

rotifers / mysis 2x week for the fish

big messy soup on saturday night before sunday water change

Maunal removal of all visible algae will take place today during water change.

Let me know if this sounds like trouble

Thanks girlie , I placed a couple of snails in there yesterday along with a water change, and some chemi-pure blue. If I dont see signs of improvement by the weekend then I will be looking for other options.

Tailspot maybe ?

I have a Tailspot in my Zoa garden and he eats all day and is a little fatty! Word of caution: he will enjoy perching on your favorite Zoa's thus keeping them closed!

I have a Tailspot in my Zoa garden and he eats all day and is a little fatty! Word of caution: he will enjoy perching on your favorite Zoa's thus keeping them closed!

My yellow clown goby does that too. I have a few ledges that are prime perching locations, hopefully they will both like thos better than the corals fingerscrossed

My yellow clown goby does that too. I have a few ledges that are prime perching locations, hopefully they will both like thos better than the corals fingerscrossed

Haha I also have a Yellow Clown and he likes to sit in between the colonies. He is so small I do not think the Zoa's mind at all.

I am having a issue with several of my Zoa's losing their skirts. I thought I fixed the problem when I took the Sexy Shrimp out after I caught one nipping, but it seems to be more widespread now. After reading your thread and thinking about the Blenny I got to wondering if he could also be the culprit He is well fed and fat as can be, but I just read they have been known to do this. While searching about this I came across a thread talking about light. I am now leaning towards towards the fact that they may be getting too much light. The stay open, just no skirt. Several weeks back I bumped my DUO up to 100% during several hours of the day. I think I freaked some of the Zoa's out who need more time to acclimate to a change in the environment. I just moved some of them down to the sand bed in the shade and I also turned the DUO down to 75%.

Sorry if I got off topic, but since you plan to do a lot of Zoa's I figured I would let you know. Took me over a month to come to this new conclusion and I am very concerned that I might be killing my garden.

yeah sexy shrimp can be a huge pain in the ass. I've never seen a tailspot nip at zoas, but I have seen one nip on SPS. My other thought was maybe a bi-color or maybe a tiny red lip, but I'm not sure that the end result would be much different. I have a few inverts on the "to buy" list eventually.

porcelain crab

pom pom crab

pederson shrimp

harlequin serpent star

That will definately put me at the max (way over actually) for stocking. Then its off to let it grow, and buy more corals of course.

We have 2 Pom Pom Crabs and they just hand out. Never see them messing with any other livestock.

Our Tailspot nips at my Helfrichi Firefish. I am not sure why. It really makes me angry because we have already lost 1 Helfrichi in our bigger tank due to stress. We actually bought this smaller tank for her and put in very docile fish for her to be friends with. Took forever for us to get her so she went into the tank last. Our Spotted Mandarin and Clown Goby have no issues with the Blenny. The Helfrichi seems to stand her ground, but she is beat up for sure. :unsure:

Love this little tank great job! Now I just need to get mine :)

Yeah you do !!

I told you to let me know when you're ready .

Archived