Innovative Marine Aquariums

Custom Acrylic Work, NEW 5.5G Sump Kit, Sexier 3G S-AIO

MrNanoReef

MrNanoReef

Yeah, let's go an inch lower on the baffles for safety. Def don't want the flourescent then, just regular red. All baffles red with the white egg crate I think would look good with all the white in the stand. Wanted it bright in the stand cause my current one is black & dismal. Check out the pic, not finished yet, but stained & inside painted white along with tank trim. At some point I'll add frag rack in middle chamber front & I can just use some white egg crate.

Sounds good. All red it is then. Awesome setup so far, but why not put the sump on one side instead for easier access?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$hit looks legit, I might be needing a 6x5x15 3 chamber basket for a future project. Since you now have access to a laser you could offer a DIY assemble yourself kit, package everything in a flat box, stacked and ready to be assembled Ikea style.

MrNanoReef

$hit looks legit, I might be needing a 6x5x15 3 chamber basket for a future project. Since you now have access to a laser you could offer a DIY assemble yourself kit, package everything in a flat box, stacked and ready to be assembled Ikea style.

Sure thing, let me know when you're ready to do this. The laser is only partially helpful in the process for small and complicated cuts, it is also limited to small work size so it won't do all the work for me, everything is still hand made, large cuts/designs/assembly/etc.

The only DIY kit I'd offer will be sump baffles kit since not everyone has the skill to assemble acrylics professionally plus I have no way to know that you know what you're doing. Instead, I'm concentrating on providing finished products that I can be sure to have professional quality that I would want for myself.

Marc.The.Shark

Sounds good. All red it is then. Awesome setup so far, but why not put the sump on one side instead for easier access?

Oh, I just set it in there to take a pic for you. Final placement is still up in the air. A lot of logistics to work out. Drains. Returns, ATO resivor, dosing, etc... Lol

MrNanoReef

Oh, I just set it in there to take a pic for you. Final placement is still up in the air. A lot of logistics to work out. Drains. Returns, ATO resivor, dosing, etc... Lol

Presenting...sexiness :)

Sump Kit for 10G Glass Aquarium (Ruby Red)

Test fitting SC301 skimmer.

18910228643_6a718e15d2_z.jpg

18908576434_068cf26f22_z.jpg

19504988286_d86c124120_z.jpg

19343165388_436e95b0b5_z.jpg

19535345981_a794536861_z.jpg

18908577014_d11c193497_z.jpg

19343164698_0e686ce1b1_z.jpg

Now including spacer for gluing raised baffle:

18910227893_7089401485_z.jpg

Marc.The.Shark

Wow! Exactly what I was looking for! That's freakin' awesome. Gonna look rad (do the kids still say rad! Lol) in the white interior of my stand!!

Thanks man! Can't wait to get it now!

MrNanoReef

Wow! Exactly what I was looking for! That's freakin' awesome. Gonna look rad (do the kids still say rad! Lol) in the white interior of my stand!!

I'm happy to hear that bro...I told you I knew what ur after...lol. Red isn't my fav color but in this case, it's really sexy :)

I think red might help chaeto grow faster? Can't wait to see your completed setup!

thats beautiful.

Thanks JR :)

Marc.The.Shark

Red isn't my fav color but in this case, it's really sexy :)

Yeah, mine either. But I looked at different colors, blue, green, black, nothing pops like the red!

HarryPotter

Presenting...sexiness :)

Sump Kit for 10G Glass Aquarium (Ruby Red)

Test fitting SC301 skimmer.

18910228643_6a718e15d2_z.jpg

18908576434_068cf26f22_z.jpg

19504988286_d86c124120_z.jpg

19343165388_436e95b0b5_z.jpg

19535345981_a794536861_z.jpg

18908577014_d11c193497_z.jpg

19343164698_0e686ce1b1_z.jpg

Now including spacer for gluing raised baffle:

18910227893_7089401485_z.jpg

Are those notches done using your new laser cutter? SEXY!

MrNanoReef

Are those notches done using your new laser cutter? SEXY!

Yes there were some glitches so I still had to do some filing by hand, this is the max work size I can use on the laser :(

Great work!

Thank you :)

HarryPotter

Yes there were some glitches so I still had to do some filing by hand, this is the max work size I can use on the laser :(

Thank you :)

I'm just curious- did the laser cutter bring down the pricing compared to the white sump kit?

Damn man. Looking good. You should post a few pictures of your laser machine. That would be cool. Still want you to make my dosing container. Might have some time this weekend to figure out it's specs.

MrNanoReef

I'm just curious- did the laser cutter bring down the pricing compared to the white sump kit?

Not at all, it only cuts down a fraction of labor, instead of doing physical work for that specific cuts there are now involved other work such as designing the cut and other technical issues. The added costs of hardware, software, troubleshooting, and huge learning curve is huge investment and bonus frustration on ends for me. I'm just hoping to increase product quality and not the other way around.

MrNanoReef

Damn man. Looking good. You should post a few pictures of your laser machine. That would be cool. Still want you to make my dosing container. Might have some time this weekend to figure out it's specs.

Thanks man. I'm totally down for that when you're ready :)

Nice looking stuff man

Thanks man :)

How is the media rack running for you?

Anything for a 20 gallon long.

If you're interested, I could do a custom kit for you.

MrNanoReef

What's the price for something like this?

Ruby red sump kit is $90 + shipping. Total cost with tank and silicone is around $120 for the entire sump setup, which IMO it the best setup money can't buy :)

Your kit took a flight out this afternoon via Priority Mail, it should be there by Sat provided carrier isn't hungry and go home early...haha

Marc.The.Shark

Your kit took a flight out this afternoon via Priority Mail, it should be there by Sat provided carrier isn't hungry and go home early...haha

Thanks, too bad I have to work the next 5days out of town :(

Thanks, too bad I have to work the next 5days out of town :(

That's ok man...at least you have something to look forward to when you get back :)

Hey liking the sump kit... It's kind of funny I suggested almost the same design for a guy's AIO rear chamber except instead of the between-baffle area being used for a media basket it's used as an area for media reactors.

So... That being said I think that a design that could incorporate both the functionality of a media basket along with the ability to add a media reactor. I suppose it could be something as easy as making sure that area is wide enough for a few popular media reactor choices and then cutting the egg crate a bit or it could have a solid piece that separates the two areas and sort of splits the width of the tank. I think the second option would be cooler but simply cutting the egg crate might work a bit better for a "one size fits all" type DIY installed kit.

Here's the link: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/362985-need-advice-with-sump-design-for-aio/#entry5072734

Archived