inTank Media Baskets

Custom Acrylic Work, NEW 5.5G Sump Kit, Sexier 3G S-AIO

MrNanoReef

Hey liking the sump kit... It's kind of funny I suggested almost the same design for a guy's AIO rear chamber except instead of the between-baffle area being used for a media basket it's used as an area for media reactors.

So... That being said I think that a design that could incorporate both the functionality of a media basket along with the ability to add a media reactor. I suppose it could be something as easy as making sure that area is wide enough for a few popular media reactor choices and then cutting the egg crate a bit or it could have a solid piece that separates the two areas and sort of splits the width of the tank. I think the second option would be cooler but simply cutting the egg crate might work a bit better for a "one size fits all" type DIY installed kit.

Here's the link: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/362985-need-advice-with-sump-design-for-aio/#entry5072734

Thanks man...good suggestion on the media reactor, I haven't look up but is there any small media reactor out there in 2.5-3" diameter? adding one larger will cut down on refugium area (which is already small) and the added pump means more heat. May be better for a larger sump.

A custom split rack is possible, with one side having a specific diameter hole for a media reactor and the other half are slotted for filter media. However adding fancy features will only increase costs and most people wants to keep it down...lol

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IM makes one, but I think aquamedic does too. Eventually I think there will be more.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Innovative_Marine_MiniMax_All_In_One_Media_Reactor_Phosphate_Reactors-Innovative_Marine-0I10410-FIFRISPR-vi.html

I hear you about the cost - more just sharing an idea because space is at a premium in a 10g sump! But ultimately spacing the baffles like this maximizes space while keeping them functional - and I don't think it's done like this very often. It seems that commercially available sumps make less than optimal use of available space. Someone could easily just cut a few inches off the egg crate and have enough space for a media reactor.

IM makes one, but I think aquamedic does too. Eventually I think there will be more.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Innovative_Marine_MiniMax_All_In_One_Media_Reactor_Phosphate_Reactors-Innovative_Marine-0I10410-FIFRISPR-vi.html

I hear you about the cost - more just sharing an idea because space is at a premium in a 10g sump! But ultimately spacing the baffles like this maximizes space while keeping them functional - and I don't think it's done like this very often. It seems that commercially available sumps make less than optimal use of available space. Someone could easily just cut a few inches off the egg crate and have enough space for a media reactor.

I'll keep that in mind, may be I'll make it an option since the kit are made to order, it's easy to add it an option vs media rack standard kit.

• 2 weeks later...
HarryPotter

[Random quote to get a notification sent to MrReefer81]

Hey MrReefer81~

Im looking for a custom acrylic lid made for my tank since the window screen kit i made looks sort of terrible.

Rough dimensions are 27 longx 21 wide, and I would be looking for acrylic (1/4, I believe) made in this design (Roughly). I would rather no center brace, but do NOT want it to warp obviously.

Is the scale of this too large for your laser cutter?

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-21%20at%2010.00.

Hey MrReefer81~

Im looking for a custom acrylic lid made for my tank since the window screen kit i made looks sort of terrible.

Rough dimensions are 27 longx 21 wide, and I would be looking for acrylic (1/4, I believe) made in this design (Roughly). I would rather no center brace, but do NOT want it to warp obviously.

Is the scale of this too large for your laser cutter?

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-21%20at%2010.00.

Sorry bro, im not currently equipped to make something on that scale. wish I could help :(

If you can make an 8" ghost overflow clone with one 1" main bulkhead and then two 1" bulkheads on the exterior box for $100 we might be doing some business soon.

Got my AIO kit installed today :wub:

Here are some photos!

Tc9Xbbp.jpg

tnnrmPL.jpg

5Cmd7sE.jpg

UdjHibu.jpg

Thanks again! You do amazing work.

That just proves that a lid for the damn Fusion can be made :P

Got my AIO kit installed today :wub:

Here are some photos!

Thanks again! You do amazing work.

Thank you very much for the feedback and photos :) Can't wait to see your tank completed!

If you can make an 8" ghost overflow clone with one 1" main bulkhead and then two 1" bulkheads on the exterior box for $100 we might be doing some business soon.

Send me a Pm with full dimensions for both internal and external box. I wouldn't want to clone another company's product though, but I can do my own.

That just proves that a lid for the damn Fusion can be made :P

LOL...it's possible, I just can't fabricate anything on a large scale, say over 24 in.

I would be very interested in a 20L sump kit. My diy project ended in failure, I'm all about that pre fab for now. I didn't read alot of the thread in afraid, but I figured I'd mention I'm on the market and ready to buy lol.

I would be very interested in a 20L sump kit. My diy project ended in failure, I'm all about that pre fab for now. I didn't read alot of the thread in afraid, but I figured I'd mention I'm on the market and ready to buy lol.

Sure I can make a kit for you. Sent you a PM!

Nickbruh510

I hbe an eshopps r-200 sump and it came with square sock filters,

Can you make me a sock holder standard size just one bulkhead fitting. ? Thanks.

I hbe an eshopps r-200 sump and it came with square sock filters,

Can you make me a sock holder standard size just one bulkhead fitting. ? Thanks.

Shouldn't be a problem. Sending you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Sump Kit for 20L (Royal Blue). My favorite color!!! :)

Features:

• 4 Chambers Designs: Skimmer, Rufugium, Media Racks, Return.
  • 8" Water Level.
  • 1/4" Cast Acrylic.
  • Fits standard 20L with 11-13/16" width.

Quality Improvements:

• All matted edges, hand sanded.
  • Lasercut slots and teeth.
  • Increase overall fabrication quality.
  • Incorporated Oceanbox Designs logo (also to indicate which side divider should be facing up).

20518093325_4eecd3b972_z.jpg
20331371419_8d70357fc6_z.jpg
20509233302_031ebeaf47_z.jpg
19897165783_d6911826ae_z.jpg
19895409304_a39713d83f_z.jpg
19897166293_0259dacaf5_z.jpg
20330039678_6a90ffb58e_z.jpg
20491843506_3ed83c3725_z.jpg
20330038918_2a9f28d768_z.jpg
20509232892_f4780e3ea3_z.jpg

That looks awesome. Now it just needs a filter sock holder. Lol. How much for one of these kits?

Thanks man!! Sent you some pricing info.

This may have been brought up already, but do you make filter sock holders? If so, how much would it cost for a 4" one that can be mounted on a rimmed tank?

This may have been brought up already, but do you make filter sock holders? If so, how much would it cost for a 4" one that can be mounted on a rimmed tank?

Sure I can do a filter sock holder. Sending you a PM.

Sump Kit for 20L (Royal Blue). My favorite color!!! :)

Features:

• 4 Chambers Designs: Skimmer, Rufugium, Media Racks, Return.
  • 8" Water Level.
  • 1/4" Cast Acrylic.
  • Fits standard 20L with 11-13/16" width.
Quality Improvements:

• All matted edges, hand sanded.
  • Lasercut slots and teeth.
  • Increase overall fabrication quality.
  • Incorporated Oceanbox Designs logo (also to indicate which side divider should be facing up).
20518093325_4eecd3b972_z.jpg20331371419_8d70357fc6_z.jpg20509233302_031ebeaf47_z.jpg19897165783_d6911826ae_z.jpg19895409304_a39713d83f_z.jpg19897166293_0259dacaf5_z.jpg20330039678_6a90ffb58e_z.jpg20491843506_3ed83c3725_z.jpg20330038918_2a9f28d768_z.jpg20509232892_f4780e3ea3_z.jpg

Now how about one for a 5.5g.... I have a 5.5g sump and was just gunna leave it open. Would love to have a sump kit for it

Now how about one for a 5.5g.... I have a 5.5g sump and was just gunna leave it open. Would love to have a sump kit for it

Really? I thought 5.5g was way too small for a sump so didn't even consider it. 10G seems to be a good minimum size for a sump. But I guess if you run a 3-8g pico, it wouldn't be too bad, better than no sump.

Marc.The.Shark

Really? I thought 5.5g was way too small for a sump so didn't even consider it. 10G seems to be a good minimum size for a sump. But I guess if you run a 3-8g pico, it wouldn't be too bad, better than no sump.

Hey! My sump on my current tank is 10x10x10! Lol. What's that, 4 gal.? Don't discriminate!!!!!! :)

Hey! My sump on my current tank is 10x10x10! Lol. What's that, 4 gal.? Don't discriminate!!!!!! :)

That's because you're way too experienced and that is just for show, you don't actually need a sump at all!! hahaha :)

Archived