Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aquarama aquascaping competition

hey

Well I am let down by the 3 winners here in terms of composition but seeing as how all 3 winners used a similar hard scape it really came down to coral and fish selection. Here's the link, http://reefbuilders.com/2015/06/02/beautiful-entries-years-aquarama-reef-aquascaping-competition/#/dashboard/home/updatemode

While all 3 are beautiful none of them are pushing the limits of aquascaping and seem to be trending toward get as many places to put coral as possible. Is it just me that thinks that?

Completely agree, without the corals they are identical. I'm a open concept less is more live rock guy, and there is way to much rock in those for my liking.

thecoralbeauty

they honestly just look like they all put one big rock in there and covered it with different corals.

kind of like how my tank was before i discovered that negative space is a good thing! hah :rolleyes:

MrNanoReef

exactly, those aren't even half as good as totm on here, literally just pile of rocks without the corals, no thought and absolutely no artistic in mind.

we all would be winners if everyone on nano-reef participate :)

Honestly any of those filled that full in a smaller tank off is totm material if off those were grown out colonies not just colonies someone spent 3-5k on and slapped into a month old tank. They are all still very attractive tanks but I feel like any tank full of corals is attractive. When it comes to aquascaping though especially in competitions is people pushing the boundaries. Minimalist or not, none of these do that. I want to see composition, implied movement, sense of depth, and other things that modern aquascaping has brought to everyone's attention.

Archived