SaltCritters.com

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

She's beautiful!!!! She's a she right? :) Thank you, BobinJersey :flower:. Awwww.....looks just like my Arty :wub:. no kidding!!!! omgomgomg They are growing sooooo fast! They do that quite often :D. They really do love each other. They don't fight for space but they do play fight. Nicky did this, this morning. I asked my son if he put him there....nope! He did it on his own LOL. Screen%20Shot%202015-10-24%20at%203.19.2

That is so cute!

• Like 1

Well, I waited too long on deciding if I wanted to buy this awesome gorgonian I found online and now it's gone :tears:. Such is life LOL. I'll keep stalking their website..maybe it will come back. The reason I was dragging my feet was because I wasn't sure exactly where to place it. This is probably for the best LOL.

My margarita snails are kicking the hair algae to the curb. Love these guys!!!!!! I think they are even sucking up valonia spores because I have less of that then I normally would have on a Monday, 2 days before my water change. Should have gotten these guys a while ago :).

• Like 1

Well, I waited too long on deciding if I wanted to buy this awesome gorgonian I found online and now it's gone :tears:. Such is life LOL. I'll keep stalking their website..maybe it will come back. The reason I was dragging my feet was because I wasn't sure exactly where to place it. This is probably for the best LOL.

My margarita snails are kicking the hair algae to the curb. Love these guys!!!!!! I think they are even sucking up valonia spores because I have less of that then I normally would have on a Monday, 2 days before my water change. Should have gotten these guys a while ago :).

Great news on the margarita snails! Hey did you ever get the blueberry Merletti????

• Like 1

Great news on the margarita snails! Hey did you ever get the blueberry Merletti????

No, I didn't. That's another one I've dragged my feet on because of figuring out where to put it LOL. Luckily they still have that available.

New photos for the page :). My attempt at some closeups. I really need a macro lens.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%2012.41.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%2012.43.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%2012.36.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%2012.37.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%2012.34.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%2012.35.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%2012.43.

• Like 9

With pics like those I don't think you need to change a thing.

w-0-w

Thank you :flower:

wow... I miss my trumpets!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that appreciates the trumpets :happy:. I've always been drawn to them for some reason. Maybe it's just LPS that I really love :wub:.

Very nice- everyone's so happy! Pretty good job on the close ups without a macro- pick one up you'll love the detail though

Thanks, Scott! Yeah...I want to be able to get some detail without fuzziness. I'll get one eventually :).

That's great...thanks, Ben!!!!! I showed my husband and he said to send him the link and he'll buy it for me. I also sent him a link for a black tutu skirt for my cat costume for Halloween LOL. Hopefully I'll have some nice macro shots soon :happydance:.

• Like 4

Someone decided to christen herself today.....YEP...in the fish tank :rolleyes:.

It was during my waterchange today. I left her sitting by the tank while I cleaned out the filter box. Big mistake. I had the screen top on and apparently she tried to walk on it. In went the top and the cat LOL. Then she got a good rinse in the sink. I hope this was a lesson learned and won't ever happen again fingerscrossed.

Just can't be mad at her though :wub:. Where did my kitten go?????

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-28%20at%204.53.0

Today I found a fat orange and white cat hiding in the bushes in my backyard. He had a collar and tag so I called his owner. Poor guy went missing last night and the owner was making "have you seen me" signs when I called :). It's highly unusual to find any animals in my backyard with two dogs running around. So I figured he was an escapee and not a cat that normally roams the neighborhood. Turns out he crossed one of the busiest streets in Burbank to get into my yard LOL. And HOW he got in my yard is a mystery too. This was a FAT cat. He had to have scaled the wall because there's no way he squeezed under a gate! His name was Murphy and he was a sweetie. I'm glad he chose my yard so I could get him back to his owner!

• Like 8

That's an awesome story about your kitty getting wet- that had to make some splashes. Did it scare her? Wonder if she'll stay away from the tank now? Glad you were able to find the other kitty's owner

• Like 1

I love happy endings where pets and their owners are reunited! With so much bad news it is great to hear a positive, happy story. Thanks for sharing.

Actually I enjoyed and could picture your kitty's antics also!

• Like 1

Beautiful new photos - but then all yours are :) You will love the blueberry merletti! If mine grows and I learn how to frag it, I will frag you some :)

Not a tank story, but since I swear Chloe and Stella are related, here's a funny story about Stella getting wet. She loves doing "zoomies" outside. In one of our houses, we had a hot tub built into our deck. Jeff was lifting the cover off to get in just as Stella was doing her zoomies and had just jumped to land on top of the hot tub cover. Well, since Jeff had just lifted it up, she did a cannonball into the hot tub. Her eyes got so wide when we realized there was no cover and then splash! It was pretty freaking funny.

• Like 4

Beautiful new photos - but then all yours are :) You will love the blueberry merletti! If mine grows and I learn how to frag it, I will frag you some :)

Not a tank story, but since I swear Chloe and Stella are related, here's a funny story about Stella getting wet. She loves doing "zoomies" outside. In one of our houses, we had a hot tub built into our deck. Jeff was lifting the cover off to get in just as Stella was doing her zoomies and had just jumped to land on top of the hot tub cover. Well, since Jeff had just lifted it up, she did a cannonball into the hot tub. Her eyes got so wide when we realized there was no cover and then splash! It was pretty freaking funny.

LOL

That's an awesome story about your kitty getting wet- that had to make some splashes. Did it scare her? Wonder if she'll stay away from the tank now? Glad you were able to find the other kitty's owner

I only heard it happen. Didn't see it. But there was water EVERYWHERE LOL. This cat likes water :rolleyes:. But I'm hoping it was scary enough for her that she will stay away now. She's pretty smart. I'm hopeful that she learned a lesson lol.

LOL...totally something Chloe would do! I can just see it playing out :lol:.

your cats probably lured the other cat into the yard =P

Except my cats don't go out into the yard. I don't let them outside :). These guys are young and adventurous and I'm sure they would leave the yard. My other two were old and lazy and would just sit in the sun on the patio so I had no worries about them. Too many dangers out there for kittens right now!

The crazy thing is my dogs never barked at Murphy! They were hanging out in his area so that's what made me go check out what they were investigating. But they were very nice and didn't terrorize him when he was visiting :D.

• Like 3