ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Wow, those trumpets are gigantic!!

I know omgomgomg. Since dosing they are really taking off :).

Looking really good Gena! What do you use to clean the back wall?

Thank you! My trusty old toothbrush. I don't want to scratch the paint with a magnetic cleaner. The toothbrush works great for scrubbing the rocks too :).

:lol:

• Like 3

GENA! your tank is looking so fluffy and gorgeous!

i'm so jealous!

ha! is the meat coral a cyrania or some such?

they had some at ASD that i loved, but so far, no karma.

am loving your long tank!!!

are you surviving the heat wave? hopefully it is finally

cooling down. hope all is well! i had a signing in cerritos

but figured it's a bit of a drive for you. in may, i have

a thing in pasadena, not sure if that's any better!!

• Like 1

GENA! your tank is looking so fluffy and gorgeous!

i'm so jealous!

ha! is the meat coral a cyrania or some such?

they had some at ASD that i loved, but so far, no karma.

am loving your long tank!!!

are you surviving the heat wave? hopefully it is finally

cooling down. hope all is well! i had a signing in cerritos

but figured it's a bit of a drive for you. in may, i have

a thing in pasadena, not sure if that's any better!!

Thank you :flower:.

That is a Fox Coral!!!!! Never heard of them till I saw Felicia's little frag in her tank. It reminds me of a mushroom. My LFS had two big pieces in stock. One more pink than the other. I grabbed the pink one :). I was at my LFS last week and the green was still there...not looking as nice as it did, of course.

Unless you are talking about the open brain on the left? The Fox Coral is on the right.

The heat wave is ridiculous LOL. Even today it's soooo stuffy already. I think it's supposed to be in the 90s though as opposed to the 100s that we've been having :).

Cerritos is far for me, but I would definitely do Pasadena!!!!!!! Let me know when and I'll try to be there. I want to buy your book and have it signed by you :happydance:.

In tank news...everything is doing GREAT!!!!! Much less algae this week...WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

In other exciting news......I have a crested gecko egg!!!!!!!!!! MY FIRST!!!!!!! I was messing around in the cage last night and decided to look deep inside of this tall plant I have that the female likes to hang out in. She hasn't been producing eggs but she's looked gravid. Sure enough...deep down in there I found 2 eggs. One was for sure bad

shriveled from dehydration. But the other looks fine!!!! I candled the egg and I see it is a fertile egg so we'll see what happens fingerscrossed. It may not hatch out, but then again, it may.

I've since removed that big plant so she doesn't lay them in there again and instead hopefully in the lay box that has been in there this whole time. She's new at this...eventually she'll figure it out.

So in approximately 60 days I may have a baby crestie :wub:.

• Like 10
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What would you call the baby crestie? And would it be too hard to give the first away?!!! I'd have to keep it if it was me.

Yeah I always keep the first I breed.

• Like 1

What would you call the baby crestie? And would it be too hard to give the first away?!!! I'd have to keep it if it was me.

I totally would have to keep it :wub:.

I'll know soon enough if the egg is still alive. Well, I should know within the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure how old it is. When I candled it the other day I could see a network of veins. It may be a week or two old already. I'm concerned it won't be good or might be dead since the conditions weren't optimal for it before I found it. I SOOOO hope it is still alive fingerscrossed. But I'm new at this so I just don't know. I've been doing quite a bit of reading on eggs the last two days LOL.

Even if this one doesn't survive...at least I know my breeder pair is working out :D. The breeding season is at the end now but next year will be exciting!!!!!

Water change day :happydance:.

• Like 5

Me tooooo!!

I like that our water change days are the same. :happy:

Twins :flower:

I used to do mine on Friday but it seemed I was always rushed because Fridays tend to be busy days for me. It was stressing me out LOL. I said to myself...duh...change your water change day! Middle of the week is working out really well :happydance:.

• Like 3

I do my water changes on Wednesdays too! I used to do it on the weekend, but I found its easier to do during the week. I get my salt water mixing before I leave for work, then when I get home, its ready to go!

• Like 2

I do my water changes on Wednesdays too! I used to do it on the weekend, but I found its easier to do during the week. I get my salt water mixing before I leave for work, then when I get home, its ready to go!

Great system! One of the things I love about Red Sea Coral Pro salt is that I can use it within a couple hours of mixing. Other salts I've used I had to start the day before and let mix for 24 hours...NO THANKS LOL. I get it going in the morning (usually late morning) and do my water change by 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

I used to do weekends too until I realized...hey dummy, you are wasting valuable family time with this. Another duh moment LOL. So it moved to Friday. And now to Wednesday which has been the best :D.

• Like 2

Have some new photos for the page :).

I did a little shifting in there yesterday with my water change. You all probably won't be able to see a difference, but I moved the turquoise trumpets a bit to give the lobo more light. And in the process of trying to stabilize the xenia rock a bit better, that went back in differently. My xenia is p'd at me right now LOL. Hopefully tomorrow it will be back to it's fluffy pink self :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-15%20at%202.51.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-15%20at%202.50.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-15%20at%202.48.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-15%20at%202.53.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-15%20at%202.51.3

replace_zpsxnh90nfl.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-15%20at%202.49.0

• Like 13

Ok....this is just wrong. I went to the post office and then I went to the pet store for cat and dog food. And then I went to the grocery store. I spent $112 at the pet store on pet food and $57 on food for us at the grocery store LOL. My pets eat too well :D.

• Like 9

The tank looks picture perfect! Subtle changes can make huge differances in our tanks for sure.

So funny about your pet bill. My dad is in his 70's and has five cats and a dog. He is a widower. When he goes grocery shopping the whole cart is full of cat and dog food and treats. The little area meant to put your child to sit, is where his groceries fits. I tease him about it when I see him at the market. :)

• Like 3

The tank looks picture perfect! Subtle changes can make huge differances in our tanks for sure.

So funny about your pet bill. My dad is in his 70's and has five cats and a dog. He is a widower. When he goes grocery shopping the whole cart is full of cat and dog food and treats. The little area meant to put your child to sit, is where his groceries fits. I tease him about it when I see him at the market. :)

Thank you :). I'm going to keep trying to just subtly shift things for now instead of fragging. I'm not ready to start shipping coral again. It's a lot of work :). Eventually I'll have to start fragging though.

I like your dad :happy:. Granted the pet food I bought today will last a lot longer than the food I bought for us today :).

Forgot one photo. The lobo that I rearranged my trumpets for.....

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-15%20at%202.49.3

• Like 7

Very nice!

I am going to put off fragging for as long as possible and might just let some things fight it out a bit. My branching hammer was reaching out and stinging my candy cane coral on the left island. I liked the hammer so much I just rehomed my candy cane and just decided to let the hammer have that whole area there.

• Like 1

Very nice!

I am going to put off fragging for as long as possible and might just let some things fight it out a bit. My branching hammer was reaching out and stinging my candy cane coral on the left island. I liked the hammer so much I just rehomed my candy cane and just decided to let the hammer have that whole area there.

Thank you :). Yeah, with limited space it's a challenge when things start growing. Just keep what you like the best. It's going to be hard for me since I love everything I have in my tank LOL. I think my biggest challenges will be the kenya tree and the pink leather. But those I can just cut if needed. I think I'll be ok with everything else.

so beautiful GENA!!! <33

Thank you, Cindy :).

Do we have a thread for 20L pics only? They're so awesome.

Not sure? I bet there's a 20L thread out there. I'll look :).

edit: just looked quickly and don't see anything like that. I didn't spend much time searching though. Seems like I remember there being one out there.

Very nice- great new fotos

Thanks, Scott!!!!
  • Like 2