Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Yeah, I wouldn't mind coming down there two weekends in a row except that I am soooo busy with school right now, so I really can't be gone that many weekends. I don't really need any corals either, its just fun to go shop around at RAP and look around. If you do stop by, you'll have to post some photos for those of us missing out.

I should hopefully have a real job by the time MACNA comes around, so I have no idea what my schedule will be like, but I'll make it work! I had a lot of fun going to MACNA in Denver, so I'm excited to go again.

Yeah, I always laugh at the ridiculous women's Halloween costumes, but its kind of fun. I like to pick something nerdy that I like and just embrace the sexy female version of it (ie. Sonic the Hedgehog, Beetlejuice). I've always liked Batman and I went shopping with a friend and we wanted to sort of match, so the Wonder Woman and Batman costumes were fun. We usually go to a huge party in a mansion in San Francisco (a doctor throws the party for charity every year), so its fun to have a good costume :)

• Like 3

I was planing on going to RAP but no job right now. It would just piss me off that I couldn't buy anything. I am trying to pimp myself out to some of the local vendors for labor so far no bites.

• Like 2
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah, I wouldn't mind coming down there two weekends in a row except that I am soooo busy with school right now, so I really can't be gone that many weekends. I don't really need any corals either, its just fun to go shop around at RAP and look around. If you do stop by, you'll have to post some photos for those of us missing out.

I should hopefully have a real job by the time MACNA comes around, so I have no idea what my schedule will be like, but I'll make it work! I had a lot of fun going to MACNA in Denver, so I'm excited to go again.

Yeah, I always laugh at the ridiculous women's Halloween costumes, but its kind of fun. I like to pick something nerdy that I like and just embrace the sexy female version of it (ie. Sonic the Hedgehog, Beetlejuice). I've always liked Batman and I went shopping with a friend and we wanted to sort of match, so the Wonder Woman and Batman costumes were fun. We usually go to a huge party in a mansion in San Francisco (a doctor throws the party for charity every year), so its fun to have a good costume :)

I'll post plenty of pics don't worry. :)
  • Like 1

Thanks, Jaime! It's great to see you posting...been wondering where you have been :). I hope the writing is going well for you!!!! Do they still make regular chemipure? I may try that!!!! Just to see if I notice a difference. I know in the past that seemed to really work well for me.

It's a GLORIOUS day here today!!!!! It rained last night and this morning and it's overcast and COOL!!!!! Feels like Fall :happydance:. I'm going to wear a flannel shirt today that I picked up at Anthropologie :wub:. Looking forward to some Fall fashion!!!!!

I'm going to decorate Halloween early this year too. I usually wait till the middle of October. Not this year...I need some early festiveness this year. And I have 6 homegrown pumpkins to decorate with too!!!! Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!!!!!

The writing is going pretty well, thanks :D The tank definitely suffered from a busy summer though. Big changes in my thread when I get around to taking photos :lol:. I'm pretty sure there's still all levels of Chemipure--regular, elite, & blue, but not sure.

I love fall :wub: sweaters, nice cold weather, rainfall :wub: :wub: :wub: . I'm a total pluviophile.

• Like 2

I am itching to go but don't feel like driving down there LOL. If it was up here in LA Co. I would be there without question. I just hate traffic and won't make the effort if it really isn't necessary. If you were going to be there, that'd be a greater incentive. Oh well :). MACNA!!!! omgomgomg

The writing is going pretty well, thanks :D The tank definitely suffered from a busy summer though. Big changes in my thread when I get around to taking photos :lol:. I'm pretty sure there's still all levels of Chemipure--regular, elite, & blue, but not sure.

I love fall :wub: sweaters, nice cold weather, rainfall :wub: :wub: :wub: . I'm a total pluviophile.

Great to hear about the writing. I'm anxious to see your tank changes!!!!! I'm a pluviophile too (learned something new LOL).

I picked up some Chemipure elite at the LFS on Tuesday and put it in the tank with my water change yesterday. We'll see if it makes a difference fingerscrossed.

New photos.....

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-08%20at%2011.35.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-08%20at%2011.38.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-08%20at%2011.36.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-08%20at%2011.37.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-08%20at%2011.38.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-08%20at%2011.34.

I'm also increasing my light intensity. I need more light at the edges for my kenya tree and pink leather coral. I'm doing it slowly...like 4% for a week or two, at a time. Hopefully it makes a difference for those corals.

• Like 13

Beautiful new photos! This tank has really hit its stride! I love how much pink is in there! It really reminds me of your NC12. I just adored that tank. This tank is just so very signature, Gena! :)

Throw back Thursday:

fts4-8-12.jpg

I do not blame you for not wanting to drive in that LA traffic mess! I'll be down that way more often now with my sister now living in San Diego and Eddie moving to Orange County. I'll have to pass by your house anytime I decide to drive down there, so I'll definitely make plans to have dinner with you or something! Maybe we can go check out some of the LA fish stores together at some point. I'd love to see Vivid!

• Like 5

so I kept wondering why I always have like 3pgs of this thread at a time... It's not on my feed cause I've never said anything. :unsure:

I'm sorry cause this is by far one of my favorite threads to haunt. Anyway now I can stalk it much better. :P

• Like 1

Thanks you guys :flower:. I like that reference to raspberry swirl ice cream....yum :wub:.

Beautiful new photos! This tank has really hit its stride! I love how much pink is in there! It really reminds me of your NC12. I just adored that tank. This tank is just so very signature, Gena! :)

Throw back Thursday:

fts4-8-12.jpg

I do not blame you for not wanting to drive in that LA traffic mess! I'll be down that way more often now with my sister now living in San Diego and Eddie moving to Orange County. I'll have to pass by your house anytime I decide to drive down there, so I'll definitely make plans to have dinner with you or something! Maybe we can go check out some of the LA fish stores together at some point. I'd love to see Vivid!

Oh wow!!!! Throwback for sure!!!!!! Haven't looked at that for a while :). Look at my brain coral...it's bleached LOL..and a baby :wub:. Oh...and my B/W clownfish. I loved that girl. Thanks for bumping that photo!!!!!

Sounds like fun!!!! I am conveniently along your route :happydance:. I hope you can make it down here often. I'm going to look forward to your visits!!!!

so I kept wondering why I always have like 3pgs of this thread at a time... It's not on my feed cause I've never said anything. :unsure:

I'm sorry cause this is by far one of my favorite threads to haunt. Anyway now I can stalk it much better. :P

Awesome!!!! Stalk away LOL. You can say things too ;). Thanks for following along!
  • Like 2

Looks great, I love pastels, lol

Me too!!!! Twins :)

It's Friyay :happydance:.

Gonna decorate for Halloween today...wooohooo. I harvested 5 of my pumpkins yesterday. One is still green but changing so I left that one to continue. Not looking forward to another couple of days of 100 degrees :wacko:. I'm going to do another photo shoot with my tank today too so I should have those photos later today.

Happy Friyay everyone :).

• Like 4

Another photo shoot today :). The tank was in a flufftastic mood today LOL. So fluffy and full. I think the chemipure elite is doing it's job. I also sandwiched it between filter floss and a filter sponge in my HOB so it gets maximum exposure. I think it's making a difference :happydance:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.20.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.24.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.22.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.20.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.23.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.21.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.21.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.25.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.20.0

Plus I got my decorating done today :happydance:

I'd put a cute Halloween table runner under this but don't dare with the kittens. It'd all be on the floor for sure. It probably still will be LOL

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%205.57.2

My homegrown pumpkins (not the white ones)

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%205.55.0

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!! :happy:

• Like 10

The tank is looking truly amazing! Very fluffy and just georgous. I saw a huge differance when I started using the chempure elite. Laying it in there flat is the key for sure. Same with the Phos lock. The water goes thru it then. I always rinse them vigerously in my old tank water too when I clean to freshen them up.

• Like 2

Another photo shoot today :). The tank was in a flufftastic mood today LOL. So fluffy and full. I think the chemipure elite is doing it's job. I also sandwiched it between filter floss and a filter sponge in my HOB so it gets maximum exposure. I think it's making a difference :happydance:.Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.20.4Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.24.2Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.22.3Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.20.5Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.23.2Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.21.4Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.21.2Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.25.1Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%202.20.0Plus I got my decorating done today :happydance:I'd put a cute Halloween table runner under this but don't dare with the kittens. It'd all be on the floor for sure. It probably still will be LOLScreen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%205.57.2My homegrown pumpkins (not the white ones)Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%205.55.0Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!! :happy:

The tank and the decorating couldn't look better!

• Like 1

The tank is looking truly amazing! Very fluffy and just georgous. I saw a huge differance when I started using the chempure elite. Laying it in there flat is the key for sure. Same with the Phos lock. The water goes thru it then. I always rinse them vigerously in my old tank water too when I clean to freshen them up.

Thank you!!!!

Yep...I did it that way on your suggestion :flower:. I couldn't find phoslock at my LFS so I just put in an extra media bag with some of the GFO I had on hand already. So far so good.

The tank and the decorating couldn't look better!

Thanks, Dawn :).

Pumpkins look great, I wish I could grow some like that but the squash family hates me. :(

Really? I wonder why? Maybe not enough water?

Happy Saturday from beautiful Indiana :)

0A9DCB93-FE1C-4F10-B005-2F70ECC900F6.jpg

:wub:

You are making me homesick for Indiana. Home (Indiana) will never be the same for me though :(. In good news, the family friend that is buying my childhood home just accepted an offer on his house. We are another step closer to keeping my mom's house in the family :).

Happy Saturday, Lawn and everyone else :happydance:.

• Like 4