Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Awww, sorry about your kitty, it's so tough making that call. My old girl is around that age and recently diagnosed with cancer among other issues, not sure how much longer we will get together, seeing others lose their oldies hits home.

• Like 1

Hugs to you and your family Gena.

And here is the bump for you so we can all enjoy Zia's Blasto's some more.

And I know the page is going to change but I'm going to post these tank photos here anyways. Maybe someone can bump them to the next page for me.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-02%20at%203.06.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-02%20at%203.06.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-02%20at%203.05.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-02%20at%203.07.3

• Like 2

Oh, Gena. I am so sorry to hear this. I know that has to be so difficult. They really become such members of the family, especially after 19 years. I am sure he had such a long, happy and healthy life with you and is in a better place now. I know your family will miss him.

• Like 1
squirrelieygrrrl

Poor old kitteh, I know I'll be facing that soon with my dirty old wh*re of a wolf dog. She is showing her years these days.

I came by to check in on your tank, looks lovely. I really like the pastel theme now that its filled in more.

• Like 1

Awww....thank you all sooo much for the sweet words. We are doing pretty well. It wasn't sudden and we were well prepared. Still hurts, but we know it was best for everyone. He is resting peacefully next to his sister now :).

Once again, these two are helping us through tough times :wub:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-03%20at%205.30.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-03%20at%205.29.1

It's like they know we need extra love from them right now too! They comforted Arty too in his final hours.

Hugs to you and your family Gena.

And here is the bump for you so we can all enjoy Zia's Blasto's some more.

Thanks for the bump :flower:

And here are two more blasto pics for you :happy:. They are kinda dark, sorry! But you can still see those gorgeous blastos!

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-03%20at%205.25.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-03%20at%205.26.2

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday night! We are headed out to dinner soon with friends and then coming back here for a movie night. Always a fun time :).

• Like 10

Been playing catch up on the thread! So sorry to hear about your old kitty :(, but 19.5 years! What a great life. Love how clean your tank looks! Funny that you mentioned the CPB not working, as I was using it too & didn't notice a change so I may go back to just carbon or CPE.

• Like 1

Been playing catch up on the thread! So sorry to hear about your old kitty :(, but 19.5 years! What a great life. Love how clean your tank looks! Funny that you mentioned the CPB not working, as I was using it too & didn't notice a change so I may go back to just carbon or CPE.

Thanks, Jaime! It's great to see you posting...been wondering where you have been :). I hope the writing is going well for you!!!! Do they still make regular chemipure? I may try that!!!! Just to see if I notice a difference. I know in the past that seemed to really work well for me.

Ha. I don't really know what you're calling dark. To me they're always bright and lively.

Well, thank you! It was later in the day so the lighting was more dim :).

Love the close ups of your kitties faces. So detailed! Blastos! Love their fluffy goodness! So beautiful!

Those blastos (any blastos) are fabulous :wub:. I've found the trick with them for me. They have to be on the rocks :). I'm having no issues at all with them and they are all on the rocks. Out of the sand.

It's a GLORIOUS day here today!!!!! It rained last night and this morning and it's overcast and COOL!!!!! Feels like Fall :happydance:. I'm going to wear a flannel shirt today that I picked up at Anthropologie :wub:. Looking forward to some Fall fashion!!!!!

I'm going to decorate Halloween early this year too. I usually wait till the middle of October. Not this year...I need some early festiveness this year. And I have 6 homegrown pumpkins to decorate with too!!!! Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!!!!!

• Like 4

Someday imma need some of all your trumpets. :)

You've got it! You know it took me 3 tries (third time's the charm) to get a frag to Maria alive???? LOL. I really think they need overnight shipping. That was with Priority mail.

• Like 1
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think they still make regular chemi pure as I've seen it at my LFS but my LFS has a lot of old stuff, I saw a pe mysis and cyclopeese packs last week.

• Like 1

Lovely blasto photos! They definitely don't look dark to me. Glad they're doing so well for you. I honestly think very few corals do well down on the sand. I've learned to keep most things up off of the sand.

I'm so glad its finally starting to cool off. I'm ready for fall weather and sweaters! Decorating for halloween is so fun! I love Halloween too much. Any ideas what you're going to be for Halloween?

• Like 1
jedimasterben

You've got it! You know it took me 3 tries (third time's the charm) to get a frag to Maria alive???? LOL. I really think they need overnight shipping. That was with Priority mail.

Yeah, LPS typically are less tolerant of more shipping time, which does kinda suck for me because USPS doesn't deliver in one day to my town - even if it came from the next town over, express mail would be guaranteed for two days. What I've had to do in the past is wait for a day that I have off work that the post office isn't also closed and have it sent hold for pickup in the next town (which does have one day delivery). Big hassle, but works the best without having to pay $85 for UPS or Fedex next day :o

• Like 1

I think they still make regular chemi pure as I've seen it at my LFS but my LFS has a lot of old stuff, I saw a pe mysis and cyclopeese packs last week.

What's your LFS? I was going to try Scales 'n Tails tomorrow :).

Lovely blasto photos! They definitely don't look dark to me. Glad they're doing so well for you. I honestly think very few corals do well down on the sand. I've learned to keep most things up off of the sand.

I'm so glad its finally starting to cool off. I'm ready for fall weather and sweaters! Decorating for halloween is so fun! I love Halloween too much. Any ideas what you're going to be for Halloween?

OMG...cool today too and RAIN!!!! :happydance:.

I'm going to be a black kitty cat this year...I think more on the cute side than the sexy side LOL :).

Will you be going to RAP this weekend?

Yeah, LPS typically are less tolerant of more shipping time, which does kinda suck for me because USPS doesn't deliver in one day to my town - even if it came from the next town over, express mail would be guaranteed for two days. What I've had to do in the past is wait for a day that I have off work that the post office isn't also closed and have it sent hold for pickup in the next town (which does have one day delivery). Big hassle, but works the best without having to pay $85 for UPS or Fedex next day :o

I prefer shipping with USPS so glad there is an option with that for you :).

What's your LFS? I was going to try Scales 'n Tails tomorrow :). OMG...cool today too and RAIN!!!! :happydance:.I'm going to be a black kitty cat this year...I think more on the cute side than the sexy side LOL :). Will you be going to RAP this weekend? I prefer shipping with USPS so glad there is an option with that for you :).

My nearest LFS is Monrovia tropical fish, their livestock is pretty good but supplies... Not so much ;)

Everyone going to RAP please comment.

• Like 1

My nearest LFS is Monrovia tropical fish, their livestock is pretty good but supplies... Not so much ;)

Everyone going to RAP please comment.

I've never been to that one.

I haven't decided if I'm going to RAP yet or not. I'm sure it will be a last minute decision if I go.

I've never been to that one.I haven't decided if I'm going to RAP yet or not. I'm sure it will be a last minute decision if I go.

Yeah it's pretty far from you but it's only about 10 minutes for me

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I'm not going to make it to RAP. I was hoping too but then my parents decided to visit my sister in San Diego the following weekend and asked me to come down there as well. I don't want to make the trip down to SoCal 2 weekends in a row, so I'm going to have to skip RAP. I'll definitely be going to MACNA though! Already got my ticket!

A black cat sounds cute :) I'm being Batman (the sexy female version) with a friend of mine who is being Wonder Woman. We're trying to recruit more friends to dress up as Justice League members :lol:

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I'm not going to make it to RAP. I was hoping too but then my parents decided to visit my sister in San Diego the following weekend and asked me to come down there as well. I don't want to make the trip down to SoCal 2 weekends in a row, so I'm going to have to skip RAP. I'll definitely be going to MACNA though! Already got my ticket!

A black cat sounds cute :) I'm being Batman (the sexy female version) with a friend of mine who is being Wonder Woman. We're trying to recruit more friends to dress up as Justice League members :lol:

Yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to travel 2 weekends in a row. The only thing I'm really after is the pink hippos and maybe a pink acan. I could find that at Vivid. Most likely I won't be going unless I decide last minute to go :).

Definitely looking forward to MACNA though. I wish it was during the summer and not after school has already started...but I'm still very excited to go.

It always cracks me up how these costumes are made "sexy" version LOL. I'm going cute and adorable kitten style :D. At least that's my plan right now :D.

• Like 2