Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Thank you :).

Water change is done. Tank is clean again. I really dislike a dirty tank. Don't think I could go more than a week without cleaning it all up. Dirty aquarium glass is the worst LOL.

Is everyone having a heat wave this week? OMG...it's insane here omgomgomg.

No, normal over here. 80 and then 62 or 63 for lows. Right now 71. But at the same time we have leaves turning yellow, orange right now.

• Like 2

Our heatwave was last week. Cooler today and getting more fall-like the rest of the week

chilly here in Chicago...putting on my hoodie tonight. winter is coming.

That sounds sooooo nice! My brother is in Tennessee right now and mentioned there are Canada Geese down the hill at the pond near his cabin. We were saying how much we both miss seeing them. When you mention fall that's one of the things I think of...the Canada geese migrating :).

Well, my outdoor thermometer was reading 110F. I know it isn't exactly accurate but it had to be at least 105 here today. It was crazy hot. I think the hottest day yet this year!

No, normal over here. 80 and then 62 or 63 for lows. Right now 71. But at the same time we have leaves turning yellow, orange right now.

Changing leaves :wub:. Ours don't change until December LOL.
  • Like 1

Very rainy the last few weeks here in the North Georgia Mountains. Eighties during the day and very comforable at night. Our leaves are also changing some. Fall is in the air!

• Like 1

There are some things called burning bush that turn red in the fall. Some are slowly starting to change. It's a slow change, not fast like in the midwest where it seems to happen over 2 wks time.

• Like 1

Well, my outdoor thermometer was reading 110F. I know it isn't exactly accurate but it had to be at least 105 here today. It was crazy hot. I think the hottest day yet this year!

Ugh, disgusting! It has been icky here -- 80s/90s and typical Midwest humidity. It started cooling tonight though. And this weekend the highs are only going to be in the 60s. Hallelujah!

I was at a LFS tonight and they had some small green Fox Coral. I was sooooooo tempted.

• Like 2

Thank you :).

Water change is done. Tank is clean again. I really dislike a dirty tank. Don't think I could go more than a week without cleaning it all up. Dirty aquarium glass is the worst LOL.

Is everyone having a heat wave this week? OMG...it's insane here omgomgomg.

Not here!!

chilly here in Chicago...putting on my hoodie tonight. winter is coming.

It was great! I opened all my widows when I got home and and now starting to close them cause it's getting chilly in here!!

• Like 1

Ugh, disgusting! It has been icky here -- 80s/90s and typical Midwest humidity. It started cooling tonight though. And this weekend the highs are only going to be in the 60s. Hallelujah!

I was at a LFS tonight and they had some small green Fox Coral. I was sooooooo tempted.

Another icky day here! It was stuffy and 82 when I checked the thermometer before 7am today...blech.

Should have bought the fox coral omgomgomg

Not here!!

It was great! I opened all my widows when I got home and and now starting to close them cause it's getting chilly in here!!

That sounds GREAT!

Guess I will take some photos today :).

• Like 1

Thanks, T :flower:. For the picture bump too :).

I took some new ones today for the new page. Some of the best clownfish photos I've taken yet :happydance:......

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%206.43.0

:wub: This is one of the best clownfish pics I've ever seen. So much personality in that expression :)

• Like 4

You really should get into the photography hobby. You seem to have a knack for it. Your pictures get better and better. So clear and vivid.

Love the catfish. I am sure it is the calm before the storm. I bet they still play hard at their age.

• Like 1

Thanks you guys!!!! I know I post a lot of photos...but I really just love photographing this tank...more than any other I've had :).

You really should get into the photography hobby. You seem to have a knack for it. Your pictures get better and better. So clear and vivid.

Love the catfish. I am sure it is the calm before the storm. I bet they still play hard at their age.

Oh boy do they LOL. I think Nora has hit the terrible twos. Into EVERYTHING! And they are losing their baby teeth now...maybe that's why she's being ornery lately LOL.

I just couldn't capture good pics at all w/ my camera under the maxspect. You've got it down!!!!

I still struggle with "blue" a bit. It really depends on the time of day I'm taking the photos since peak lighting is more white than blue. Usually around 1pm or 2pm is prime time for decent photos in my tank :). Now if I took a photography class...I would learn how to correct that with the camera and the time of day probably wouldn't matter!

Hey, I have a dosing question for you...The day of your water change, do you dose at all? Or do you dose before or after the water change?

Nope...I don't dose on w/c day :). In fact, I didn't dose the day after either because the parameters were perfect. 8.3 dKH and 425 ca. Today it had dropped a little so I did dose. Now when I had my auto doser, It would still dose on my water change days. You want to keep your params as stable as possible with the SPS in there so I would still dose on a water change day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :happydance:.

• Like 2