FTS 6-7-15

6-7-15FTS_zpsnjoe1gvj.png

6-7-15no7_zpsx0wn2iym.png

6-7-15no5_zps7lrscma2.png

6-7-15no2_zpsyu8rdje0.png

6-7-15no6_zps6f6yameq.png

6-7-15no3_zpsom2wfehs.png

6-7-15no4_zpsuagdtfc0.png

Ahhhhh, I feel so much better already :) So beautiful :wub: Your PSW and the clowns look quite happy, too!

• Like 4

Ahhhhh, I feel so much better already :) So beautiful :wub: Your PSW and the clowns look quite happy, too!

Excellent :). Thank you! The fish seem to have all settled in nicely. Well, except for the firefish...he's still hiding all the time.

Well I am finally all caught up :happydance: tank looks awesome already. New kittens this week?

:happydance:. Thanks, Lawn :flower:. Yep....good chance this week!!!!!!! Or early next :). We visited with them on Saturday. They are getting big!

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-07%20at%2012.04.

Tank looks terrific and clowns look happy.

Thank you :). They seem to be happy! Although the female keeps biting at my green cloves lol. I think she took them out or else they are just in hiding. I can't tell. Looked like the tops were gone yesterday though.

Your PSW does look very happy in that picture! :wub:

He's back to his playful self. Greatest fish ever :).

• Like 6
thecoralbeauty

kitties are so adorable!!! i love your names for them too. i'm so excited for you. maybe they'll keep the clown entertained and away from nipping at cloves. (not sure if clowns are as interested in things outside the tank as my wrasses are, but it's a nice thought anyway, hah)

Gena, you've got me wanting a white background. it's absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 1

kitties are so adorable!!! i love your names for them too. i'm so excited for you. maybe they'll keep the clown entertained and away from nipping at cloves. (not sure if clowns are as interested in things outside the tank as my wrasses are, but it's a nice thought anyway, hah)

Gena, you've got me wanting a white background. it's absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you :). I checked this morning and one of the tops is out on the cloves, so maybe they are just hiding. But if she keeps it up she's going to kill them.

Since your tank is already filled maybe you could try that film backing that Ben mentioned and used. Also Hey used it. It gives a white appearance. Your wall behind the tank is white right?

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Thank you :). I checked this morning and one of the tops is out on the cloves, so maybe they are just hiding. But if she keeps it up she's going to kill them.

Since your tank is already filled maybe you could try that film backing that Ben mentioned and used. Also Hey used it. It gives a white appearance. Your wall behind the tank is white right?

yes, it's a white-cream color. I must have missed that link to the white backing. I'll go dig through the old thread...

• Like 1

yes, it's a white-cream color. I must have missed that link to the white backing. I'll go dig through the old thread...

Should be in the last few pages!
  • Like 1

Hopefully those clove polyps pull through! How many heads do you think you found in the sump? Those kittens are adorable! You're going to have your hands full of mischief I'm sure! :happy: Hopefully they will be as awed by your tank as we are! I've been making frequent stops to my LFS to pet the cats at the store. Since I still have a tank in the meantime, I'll be working towards giving my tanks the bountiful look that you have achieved in your retired tanks.

• Like 1

Hopefully those clove polyps pull through! How many heads do you think you found in the sump? Those kittens are adorable! You're going to have your hands full of mischief I'm sure! :happy: Hopefully they will be as awed by your tank as we are! I've been making frequent stops to my LFS to pet the cats at the store. Since I still have a tank in the meantime, I'll be working towards giving my tanks the bountiful look that you have achieved in your retired tanks.

I'm not holding out much hope. They weren't out at all today. There were maybe 6 heads on the sump that I was able to salvage. The others were too encrusted with microalgae and I had to scrape them from the side of the sump.

Looks like the kittens will be spayed and neutered on Wed so this weekend will be the weekend for them to come home :happydance:. Sooooo exciting!!!!!

Here are a few more photos of the tank. This tank is so pretty and photogenic. I'll be posting lots of photos of it for sure :).

6-8-15no1_zpsbcju3o0e.png

6-8-15no4_zpsdwee0sho.png

6-8-15no2_zpsplcj9hcp.png

6-8-15no3_zps8wihchek.png

If you click on the photos it will take you to a larger version of the photo, I believe.

• Like 9

You had such a seamless transfer over. Looks so good.

Thanks, Annette! It really was pretty seamless (knock on wood). Except for burning my open brain coral with the heater, but it seems like it will be ok :).

Those kitties are awesome!

I agree :happydance:. Thank you!

Insta tank- looks great already!

Thank you, Scott :flower:.

That really is a beautiful photogenic tank - you hit the magic formula putting this one together :)

Thank you! I can't get over how perfectly it turned out. I'm usually a bit critical of my tanks but I have nothing to complain about with this one. It's my dream tank :wub:.

Wow Gena!!! Love it!!

And I'm glad the porcelain crab found a new home! His old home is doing well!

Thank you! He hides underneath it :). So glad his old home is doing well :happy:.

Does your PSW nibble on feather dusters at all?

Still trying and waiting to find one...

Not that I've seen. I have feather dusters in my tank so I think they are safe.

Guess what? Tracy Morgonian Gorgonian is in the house :happydance:. It's gorgeous! Exactly what I was hoping for. The color is the perfect shade of pink...matches my other pinks. I'll get a photo of it when it opens all the way. Polyps are out but not fluffy and open yet.

• Like 3

Woah! I'm behind again. Those new shots of the tank are gorgeous. I am really loving the effect of that white background. Really brightens everything up and makes the pastel colors look amazing. I'm thrilled to see all your corals are looking so happy and healthy in the new tank. The fish are look really happy in there too :)

Kittens this coming weekend?! That's super exciting! I can't wait to see some photos of them enjoying the aquarium :)

The Tracy Morgonian gorgonian has such a funny name. Pretty gorg though! I can't wait to see some photos of it. It should fit in perfectly with your pastel theme.

• Like 1

Excellent :). Thank you! The fish seem to have all settled in nicely. Well, except for the firefish...he's still hiding all the time.

:happydance:. Thanks, Lawn :flower:. Yep....good chance this week!!!!!!! Or early next :). We visited with them on Saturday. They are getting big!

Thank you :). They seem to be happy! Although the female keeps biting at my green cloves lol. I think she took them out or else they are just in hiding. I can't tell. Looked like the tops were gone yesterday though.

He's back to his playful self. Greatest fish ever :).

OMG! I'll take one of each of those little cuties! :wub:

• Like 2