ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

The tank looks fabulous already. Under you salty expertise it will be lush and filled-in in no time!

The color of the stand is gorgeous and so appropriate. The white background is stunning too. The tree in the right hand corner gives it a Japanese garden feel. So pretty.

You said you wanted to find Blue mushrooms. I'm not sure this is the coIor you want but I have blue mushies and papaya cloves (pastel peach and green) I can send to you as a tank-warming gift. Let me know if you would like them.

20150604_114846-X2.jpg

20150604_114946-X2.jpg

• Like 6

The tank looks fabulous already. Under you salty expertise it will be lush and filled-in in no time!

The color of the stand is gorgeous and so appropriate. The white background is stunning too. The tree in the right hand corner gives it a Japanese garden feel. So pretty.

You said you wanted to find Blue mushrooms. I'm not sure this is the coIor you want but I have blue mushies and papaya cloves (pastel peach and green) I can send to you as a tank-warming gift. Let me know if you would like them.

20150604_114846-X2.jpg

20150604_114946-X2.jpg

OMG....YES, please omgomgomg. Those would be perfect. You are soooo sweet!!!! Thank you :flower:.
  • Like 5

The kenya tree you got is much larger than mine! Looks nice! Mine is a tiny little thing and has fluffy polyps now but is still sort of droopy. Weird coral.

I agree that it seems really nice how the white background reflects the light. Very unique and makes this tank special :)

• Like 2

The kenya tree you got is much larger than mine! Looks nice! Mine is a tiny little thing and has fluffy polyps now but is still sort of droopy. Weird coral.

I agree that it seems really nice how the white background reflects the light. Very unique and makes this tank special :)

I'm curious to see just how big it will inflate! It was droopy when I bought it so I couldn't tell for sure. Trying to remember from my NC12...last time I had kenya tree. I think this one is going to be pretty big lol. I wanted it to hide the equipment on that left side so that should work out just fine :).
  • Like 1

Just realized you had said which fish you moved over. Sounds like a nice stocking list. You ended up rehoming the two circus gobies?

FlowerMama

Ooh. Had 3 pgs of catch up since I got back yesterday. Every tank you assemble looks well....always put together and never looks like something doesn't belong. You're such a pro at that. And you never see a frag plug. And I love that you take chances... white background. Your clowns look even more happy now I think, if that's possible. They have a nice long open swim. And it looks bigger than 20g.

• Like 1

Just realized you had said which fish you moved over. Sounds like a nice stocking list. You ended up rehoming the two circus gobies?

I ended up taking them to the LFS for credit. He said he'd find them a good home with someone that knows what they are doing...whatever that means. I would hope he did that with all his livestock ;).

Ooh. Had 3 pgs of catch up since I got back yesterday. Every tank you assemble looks well....always put together and never looks like something doesn't belong. You're such a pro at that. And you never see a frag plug. And I love that you take chances... white background. Your clowns look even more happy now I think, if that's possible. They have a nice long open swim. And it looks bigger than 20g.

Welcome back!!!!! I saw some of your FB photos....looked like a lot of fun :). Thank you so much! It does look like they have a lot of space, but I have to say the difference in size between this one and the 45 cube is huge. But these clowns don't do much swimming so they seem to be fine with it :).
  • Like 2

He could probably tell you get attached to fish and just wanted to reassure you :) They were cool fish, but it seemed like they were always hiding and not very active.

• Like 1

He could probably tell you get attached to fish and just wanted to reassure you :) They were cool fish, but it seemed like they were always hiding and not very active.

Gorgeous fish with striking black and white coloring and frilly fins. But yes, very reclusive and I hardly saw them. They seemed somewhat aggressive too towards any fish swimming in their "territory".
  • Like 1

Gorgeous fish with striking black and white coloring and frilly fins. But yes, very reclusive and I hardly saw them. They seemed somewhat aggressive too towards any fish swimming in their "territory".

Oh weird. Wouldn't expect those to be very aggressive. They were very pretty, but sounds like their behavior definitely wasn't ideal. I like the fish mix you have now.

• Like 1

Wow, your tanks are always astounding Gena! I haven't been on for a few days because of clinicals, but you seem to have made a ton of awesome changes in that time! I love the stand, beautiful color choice on it! I think my favorites in your tanks are always the zoas. :happy: I'll be interested to watch how this one grows! Your kittens are also adorable, since I'm parted from my kitties for an entire year, I'll enjoy yours from afar! :lol:

• Like 2

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/361942-flaming-prawn-gobies-discordipinna-griessingeri/

You know, cause I'm not an enabler or anything. ;)

Yep...saw those :wub:. I just don't have the space for them now LOL. I'm already overstocked with 6 fish.

Watch out for those blue mushies. They're easily capable of taking over a tank!

Tank looks lovely!

I have never had luck with mushrooms over taking a tank. I hope they do :D. I love them.

And thank you :flower:.

Oh weird. Wouldn't expect those to be very aggressive. They were very pretty, but sounds like their behavior definitely wasn't ideal. I like the fish mix you have now.

I'm happy with my fish mix too. The firefish is coming out a little bit more now. The green banded gobies look adorable in this tank!

Wow you've been busy. Downgrade?! Kittens?! New tank looks awesome!

Yes...very busy lol. Thank you :flower:.

Wow, your tanks are always astounding Gena! I haven't been on for a few days because of clinicals, but you seem to have made a ton of awesome changes in that time! I love the stand, beautiful color choice on it! I think my favorites in your tanks are always the zoas. :happy: I'll be interested to watch how this one grows! Your kittens are also adorable, since I'm parted from my kitties for an entire year, I'll enjoy yours from afar! :lol:

Thank you so much!!!!! Very sweet of you to say :happy:. I'm really looking forward to watching this one fill in. I think it's going to be my best tank yet :).

I'll be sure to post lots of pictures of my kittens for you. We'll be visiting with them again this afternoon :happydance:.

• Like 4

Tanks looking really good Gena.

Thank you very much :).

Today is my first water change on this one. Making the water right now. I'm getting the diatoms....ewwww :lol:. Oh the joys of a new tank. Hopefully they don't get any worse than they are now....they are manageable right now.

Placed an order with Unique Corals for some banded trocus snails and a Tracy Morgonian Gorgonian :happydance:. I think another light pink gorgonian, with a different shape than the grubes, will be perfect in here :).

• Like 3

Great start. Looks clean.

Hey, what is the coral on the sand in the middle right of the tank?

Cynarina. Starting to get it's color back. A snail must have fallen on it and it tried to eat it and I didn't notice. The shell was stuck in the mouth so I pulled it out. Since that it's had bleaching in the center but looks like the color is coming back. I have tried to sell or give away that coral many times and it always falls through. It's starting to grow on me again :).
  • Like 1

So glad the candy canes made the cut. :wub:

The new tank looks great gena. I haven't been on a lot lately and didn't even know you were starting one. Definitely off to a great start.

• Like 1
FlowerMama

Are you going to be filling in with more gorgs from KPA?? Oh my gosh. That is another thing I need to check next year when I'm in the Key Largo area. I need to see if there's a way I can check them out and save on the shipping.

• Like 3

It really is beautiful! It looks like a big flower.

It's the porcelain crab's new home :).

So glad the candy canes made the cut. :wub:

The new tank looks great gena. I haven't been on a lot lately and didn't even know you were starting one. Definitely off to a great start.

Thank you :flower:.

Oh yes...they are my favorites! That's why I put them front and center...they are my centerpiece :wub:.

It's been three days without pictures now. We're dying out here...

:D

LOL...pictures incoming :).

Are you going to be filling in with more gorgs from KPA?? Oh my gosh. That is another thing I need to check next year when I'm in the Key Largo area. I need to see if there's a way I can check them out and save on the shipping.

I don't think so. Unless I decide I need a white one. I have the Grube's and I will be getting the Tracy Morgonian this week. I'll see once the new on is in if I need a white one :).

THAT would be another fun trip!!!! So jealous!!!!

• Like 2