Pod Your Reef

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Looks awesome!!!

Thank you :). I'm really happy with how it turned out. Didn't end up moving a few things in because they didn't look right to me. The colors were off....blue cloves and red mushrooms. And a couple of orange ricordeas. So not looking forward to the clean up today lol.
  • Like 1

Thank you :). I'm really happy with how it turned out. Didn't end up moving a few things in because they didn't look right to me. The colors were off....blue cloves and red mushrooms. And a couple of orange ricordeas. So not looking forward to the clean up today lol.

Oh man! The crazy red shrooms! I love those things.

• Like 1

Looks really nice!

Come down to Irvine and you can harvest as much Xenia and Kenya Tree as you can carry.

Oh if only you were closer!!!!! I don't feel like making that drive :wacko: I hate traffic LOL.

Oh man! The crazy red shrooms! I love those things.

You know....I can probably get them in the doser box! I'll pack them up real good so they don't leak. Sending priority so they should do just fine. I also have a couple of RFAs. I'll try to get those in there too :).
  • Like 1

Oh if only you were closer!!!!! I don't feel like making that drive :wacko: I hate traffic LOL.

You know....I can probably get them in the doser box! I'll pack them up real good so they don't leak. Sending priority so they should do just fine. I also have a couple of RFAs. I'll try to get those in there too :).

OMG OMG OMG omgomgomg

• Like 1
oldskoolwayz

Oh, in the middle of the candy canes at the top is a tiny frag of green nepthea or sinularia..I can't tell the difference. But that will fill in that top middle rock :).

6-2-15_zpsrh2afrgi.png

6-2-15no2_zpspjogskw0.png

looking good!

• Like 2

ack, you got rid of your cube? but it was so amazing!

no doubt this one will eventually reach your previous tanks level, but still

• Like 1

Looks great, Gena! You sure did get rid of a lot of your corals! I'm digging the pastel theme though, especially with that white background and the teal stand. Love this new low maintenance tank. Should make your life so much easier!

Seems like its annoying hard to find the "weed" softies because no one wants to buy them. I paid $40 for the green nepthea that I picked up over the weekend (original price was $80, but the owner gave me a discount). He also threw in a free Kenya tree that had hitch hiked into the fish system on some rock, haha! They have $5 and $10 frag sections, but no cheap softies! I think they're underrated personally.

• Like 3

Looks awesome! I really like the blue background with the purple coraline. It really provides a great contrast for all the pastel colors :wub:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone :flower:.

Looks great, Gena! You sure did get rid of a lot of your corals! I'm digging the pastel theme though, especially with that white background and the teal stand. Love this new low maintenance tank. Should make your life so much easier!

Seems like its annoying hard to find the "weed" softies because no one wants to buy them. I paid $40 for the green nepthea that I picked up over the weekend (original price was $80, but the owner gave me a discount). He also threw in a free Kenya tree that had hitch hiked into the fish system on some rock, haha! They have $5 and $10 frag sections, but no cheap softies! I think they're underrated personally.

I did re-home a lot of things! But they all went to good homes :). I found both kenya tree and xenia yesterday. Still waiting for the kenya tree to perk up before I get a photo of it. It's all droopy and sad. It's a little better than yesterday though. Hopefully soon...can't wait to see it all full happy and pink :wub:. oh gosh....the cost. Stuff should be free for crying out loud. I paid $40 for the kenya and $20 for the xenia lol.

Looks awesome! I really like the blue background with the purple coraline. It really provides a great contrast for all the pastel colors :wub:

Thanks :). The background is actually white but I can't get it to photograph correctly. I tried lowering the blues and raising the whites but it's not making a difference. Oh well...it looks white in person :).

A couple of new photos from today.....

6-3-15clowns_zpsohzonfvs.png

6-3-15candies_zpseaew9t8j.png

• Like 11

Yeah my new kenya tree is still being droopy too. Seems like they're a bit touchy when you move them to a new tank.

Seriously, those softies should be free! Glad you found some though. You got the pulsing type of xenia right?

Love those new photos! The clowns seem to have plenty of space. I think it was a good decision to keep them. What all fish did you keep?

• Like 3

Wow, Gena... those photos are really terrific... so clean and crisp. I better not see any nuisance algae in that tank... ever! ;)

• Like 1

Yeah my new kenya tree is still being droopy too. Seems like they're a bit touchy when you move them to a new tank.

Seriously, those softies should be free! Glad you found some though. You got the pulsing type of xenia right?

Love those new photos! The clowns seem to have plenty of space. I think it was a good decision to keep them. What all fish did you keep?

It finally perked up by the end of the day. Not fully inflated but at least it's almost standing straight up :lol:. Yep, got the pulsing xenia. As far as fish, I kept the 2 clowns, pink streaked wrasse, 2 green banded gobies, and the firefish..who I hadn't seen since he went in the tank, but thankfully earlier today I saw him peek his head out.

Wow, Gena... those photos are really terrific... so clean and crisp. I better not see any nuisance algae in that tank... ever! ;)

Thank you! I'll do my best but my tanks have always been algae magnets :angry:. I'm going to try REALLY hard not to let any nuisance algae take hold in there.

For the low low price of 699$ you could have this pastel coral for your pastel tank!

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/Pastel-Dreamer-Spiney-Pectinia-WYSIWYG-Prodview.html

Pretty! Is that SPS? No SPS allowed :). Plus the price LOL.

Those photos are great and the clowns look super happy! I left Jeff detailed instructions on how to acclimate the nems :) ALONG with all appropriate "stuff". I can't wait!

Thanks! And awesome! Looks like it's still scheduled for delivery tomorrow fingerscrossed.

Looks like everything is happy and healthy Gena :).

So far so good! Thanks, Jase!

yay LPS and softies :happydance: Easy tanks are so much fun.

Have always been my favorites :).

So pretty!!

Nice!!

Thank you both :).
  • Like 3
thecoralbeauty

Only a few days old and already so beautiful! Loving the white background, it really helps the light bounce back into the tank!

• Like 2

So nice. Its good to see others doing well thought out easy to grow tanks. Looks amazing.

Thank you :flower:.

Only a few days old and already so beautiful! Loving the white background, it really helps the light bounce back into the tank!

Thank you Morgan :happy:. The white background makes a HUGE difference. It definitely bounces the light back instead of absorbing it like my black backgrounds always did. I'm sticking with white backgrounds from now on :).

New FTS today....kenya is getting quite perky. It's shedding...can't wait to see it fully fluffy :wub:.

6-4-15fts_zpstxequx6k.png

Side shot :)

6-4-15side_zpsgnr7ciyz.png

• Like 12